“Probably best value I have seen”

Red Roof Inn Kingsport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Nanuet, New York
“Probably best value I have seen”
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We decided to stay here on a road trip to Nashville. I pretty much expected a clean place to sleep and that was about it. Let me say, quite surprised with the overall decor and value. The room was spacious and well maintained. The couch and bed were not fashionable, but comfortable nonetheless. Additional amenities made this place a worthwhile stop even if it was in a vacation spot. Everything we had was beyond our expectations for a place that was less than 60 bucks.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JPhoenix
redroofmanagement, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your visit with us. We look forward to your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this property several times while house hunting in Kingsport. Great value for the money! The rooms are not fancy but they were overall clean and neat. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn and Meadowview Conference Center in Kingsport and for the money had no qualms with this Red Roof!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mhaun
redroofmanagement, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
On behalf of our hotel staff we were delighted to receive your kind words of praise. Thank you we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I was in the area on business and needed an economy place to stay just for one night. After looking at the options, I decided to try the Red Roof Inn. The room was clean and quiet though the hotel is very close to the highway. The negatives were the shower soap provided and the shower head. The soap was one of those tiny bars typically for hand washing. Its hard to use in the shower. The shower head did not have much pressure and the water kind of "drizzled" out. One other negative concerned the breakfast area. When I went into the lobby early in the a.m. a woman was on her hands and knees cleaning the floor...nothing unusual there. I ate breakfast and as I was putting my trash in the garbage can, the same lady was in the breakfast area checking on the food items. Now while I cannot be sure, I do not think she washed her hands after scrubbing the floor and she was NOT wearing gloves. I just closed my eyes and left. Overall, I would stay there again for the rate but would probably pass on the breakfast.

Room Tip: I was on the side nearest the highway but the room was quiet. Overall, it was a good value since I j...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
redroofmanagement, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for your comments. I will pass on to the staff.
minnesota
Reviewed 19 December 2013

A compliment sandwich:

pro ... comfy beds, spacious rooms.

cons ... of the 8 rooms we needed, 5 sets of keys did not work. Of those 5, 3 sets did not work again and guests had to be assigned to new rooms. One room smelled of smoke (room 149), one did not have any bedsheets (room 135?), and one the microwave was running and the buttons were unresponsive forcing the guest to physically pull the plug on the possessed machine - creepy (room 151). In total, the front desk night shift guy had to make 19 sets of keys, when he really should only have had to make 8. This was unfortunate because the night shift guy was sweet and friendly, but a bit geriatric, and the day staff hadn't had the forethought to make 8 sets of keys in advance knowing a) a large party was arriving that day, and b) who was working that night. Because it took us over 1.5 hours for our entire group to check in, I would not stay again at the Red Roof Inn in Kingsport if they paid me.

pro ... delicious breakfast.

Conclusion: management ... please get new electronic key cards and key card makers out of respect for your staff and customers - no one should have to go through what my group + Jimmy had to go through. And please encourage your front desk staff to have the foresight to make keys in advance for large parties. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
redroofmanagement, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Our apology for the electronic key cards not working. The problem has been resolved. Thank you for your feed back.
Hertford, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Bed bugs in room. Dirty rooms and roaches in the breakfast area...front desk guy was very rude. Avoid this place and stay at another hotel. The Ramada is clean and have friendly staff! You have been warned!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank steelman2002
redroofmanagement, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
We have a exterminator that services our property and no bed bugs have been found.

Travellers are raving about these Kingsport hotels

Reviewed 18 December 2013

We were very pleased with our experience. Very clean room, friendly staff on the phone, at check in and check out! Great price and included a very good breakfast! We will definitely be back to stay at the Red Roof in Kingsport!

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for your feedback I'll will be sure to pass on to the staff.
Westminster, California
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I for one, just a room to sleep, rest & shower... so, this location is more than enough for me. Clean rooms, quiet at night, friendly and helpful staff and reasonable prices make it perfect for my needs.

Room Tip: First floor on the 11W highway side are surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

redroofmanagement, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for the nice comments I will pass on to my staff.