“Dirty”
Review of Motel 6 Kingston

Motel 6 Kingston
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My daughter payed for a room here for my birthday, and at first glance it looked nice. But as the night wore on, we noticed more and more filthiness around us. The room was decorated beautifully, the bedspread, the pillows, but looked as though they had not been washed.. the sheets, spreads, and pillowcases all had spots on them and smelled dirty. We did not complain, as we didn't want to ruin our birthday celebration, we just bared it and vowed not to return or recommend to any one we know. The next morning we noticed there were no maids and the man who worked the front desk was cleaning. maybe they wanted to save money but they aren't going to get business without the rooms being cleaned

Room Tip: look it over and pull the sheets back before you decide to stay.. also give the beds a good sniff to...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Kingston

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel off of Priceline.com. This hotel is an excellent choice with easy on/off I-40. The room was clean & smelled fresh with NO long black hair that you usually find on the sink..haha. My wife & I well definitely stay @ motel 6 again

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

In the smokies for vacation. Needed a place to crash between long days. Came here because of reviews.

Clean, no frills, cheap with an ok wifi connection. I gave the service a 4 because of the wifi but other wise the place is good value for money, unlike othet motel 6 locations.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Iamsolar
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband had business in Kingston and needed an overnight stay. Some of the other hotels where he had stayed in the passed were booked and thanks to the wonderful reviewers on TA and the great price, I booked him a room at this place. He was delighted. He says the personnel was friendly and welcoming, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the air conditioner worked great. He also commented on how quite it was at this location.
He has requested that I book him at this hotel for any future stays that he has in this area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This is one of the better Motel 6's I have been to. It was clean and safe with a good king bed; not fancy, of course, but it is cheap. The diner next door, Doc's Diner, a former Huddle House, had the best chilicheeseburger I have had in years. It's worth a stop in Kingston just for that burger!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night on May 29. We found this motel on Priceline and it was a good value for the money. Make no mistake, it is a no frills motel (no pool, no breakfast, no amenities like shampoo, etc.) but the room was clean. The only problems we had were that we did not get the type of room we reserved. We had reserved a king bed nonsmoking room and when we went to check in, the motel had us down for a smoking king room. We ended up in a non smoking room, but with two double beds instead of a king. Second, the air conditioning is set to cycle on and off and does not get quite cold enough to suit me, but I like a very cold room so your mileage may vary on this. Finally, the room's tv had a loose cable connection and the picture faded in and out. However for a one night stay, at a total of $51 including all the taxes added onto the Priceline rate, this is not a bad place to rest for the night.

Room Tip: If traffic noise bothers you, ask for a room on the rear of the building. We were on the front (roo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tngilmer
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Had a GREAT night's sleep... kingsize bed was nice and comfortable. My pillows seemed to be of different types, so I had my choice of what to use. The towels were a little small, but, this isn't a 5-star hotel. They were more than adequate. Staff was nice. Wan't too loud, even though it is right off I-40 coming out of Knoxville.

I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingston
Super 8 Kingston
Guest Inn
Guest Inn
#5 of 7 in Sweetwater
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Harriman

Been to Motel 6 Kingston? Share your experiences!