“Cool laid back bar & restaurant”

The Crown and Goose
Ranked #130 of 1,186 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American, British, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Willow Street
Transit: We are just a few blocks walking distance from downtown Knoxville and Market Square.
Richland, Washington
“Cool laid back bar & restaurant”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great place to go have a beer, anti-pasta and some Irish food. Has a nice outdoor space. Is definitely a place you have to try if in Knoxville.

• Visited June 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
“not sure what happened”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Crown and Goose has long been one of my go-to places in Knoxville, but things went downhill so horribly at my last visit that it will be a while before I go back (if ever). After talking the place up forever, I went with three of my colleagues this weekend. It took 45 minutes to get seated, which I understand completely, but then once we were seated we were largely ignored. All we needed was one simple thing: silverware. The server brought our appetizers, and we asked for silverware. Never got any. We sat there waiting, and waiting, and asking, and asking, and it was never brought. Then our entrees were brought, except for one of my colleagues, who had to sit there with no food. Again, we asked for silverware. None. I actually go up to another server and ask for silverware. None. Meanwhile my colleague is sitting there, still, with no food, and we are sitting there with our food but no way to eat it. Another random server actually comes up to me and tries to take my entree away, when I hadn't even touched it. This would have been comical if not for the fact that this is an expensive place and we were starving. This was a three-hour ordeal, and I was embarrassed to have taken my friends here. Even the food that we did get was not as good as it normally is. The shepherd's pie was mediocre (the lamb was almost wholly fat), the dessert was slapped together, the cocktail wasn't made correctly, and I only got the beer I asked for after requesting it, no joke, three times. If someone had come to our table afterwards and apologized or even offered to take the meal off the bill of my friend who had to wait an eternity, that would have been appreciated, but we were left totally shunned and baffled. As much as it pains me to say it, I will be taking my money elsewhere from now on.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank HwaetWeGardena
Marion, Virginia
“Knoxville landmark worth a visit”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Dinner at the C&G was the culmination of an evening pub crawl. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and menu (old standards plus some interesting change-ups). Lots of outdoor seating but be sure to get a table under the lights once the sun sets.

• Visited April 2014
Findlay, Ohio
“Fun pub scene”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Finally came around to eating here. The waitresses are very nice, and the food was pretty good. Nice alcohol selection, and the outdoor seating is cute.

Visited April 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Unique dining experience”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

e decided to try this place for a quiet couples night out.

Having been to London and eaten in many English restaurants, the atmosphere was VERY authentic, and you really feel like you are in an English restaurant/pub.

The menu and the drink selections were good, not fabulous, and the food wasn't outstanding, but the overall experience was nice. We ordered the Bangers and Mash and the.Fish & Chips, and while they were good, we both were a bit disappointed.

This is one of those places that is warm, inviting, quiet (at least the night we were there), the service was good, the food was adequate and pricing was fair, but not sure we will return.

• Visited March 2014