“Fish and chips yes please!”

The Crown and Goose
Ranked #137 of 1,174 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, British, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Willow Street
Transit: We are just a few blocks walking distance from downtown Knoxville and Market Square.
Kingston, Tennessee
“Fish and chips yes please!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Fish and chips were really good and the service amazing. Great restaurant with a quaint atmosphere. Great place to grab a beer and hang out with friends or a date night with someone special!

1 Thank tracylynh

Cohutta, Georgia
“Food and atmosphere were great”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We rolled in from Lexington and were recommended to go here. We had East Coast oysters and a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with egg that was great. Great pub atmosphere it was lunchtime so we had the place to ourselves but I bet the place is great at night. Food was superb!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Chris F
Huntsville, Alabama
“One of our favorite pubs.”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Love the pub-like atmosphere. Food is different and good. Great for dinner or late night dinner and drinks.

Visited May 2014
Richland, Washington
“Cool laid back bar & restaurant”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great place to go have a beer, anti-pasta and some Irish food. Has a nice outdoor space. Is definitely a place you have to try if in Knoxville.

• Visited June 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“not sure what happened”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The Crown and Goose has long been one of my go-to places in Knoxville, but things went downhill so horribly at my last visit that it will be a while before I go back (if ever). After talking the place up forever, I went with three of my colleagues this weekend. It took 45 minutes to get seated, which I understand completely, but then once we were seated we were largely ignored. All we needed was one simple thing: silverware. The server brought our appetizers, and we asked for silverware. Never got any. We sat there waiting, and waiting, and asking, and asking, and it was never brought. Then our entrees were brought, except for one of my colleagues, who had to sit there with no food. Again, we asked for silverware. None. I actually go up to another server and ask for silverware. None. Meanwhile my colleague is sitting there, still, with no food, and we are sitting there with our food but no way to eat it. Another random server actually comes up to me and tries to take my entree away, when I hadn't even touched it. This would have been comical if not for the fact that this is an expensive place and we were starving. This was a three-hour ordeal, and I was embarrassed to have taken my friends here. Even the food that we did get was not as good as it normally is. The shepherd's pie was mediocre (the lamb was almost wholly fat), the dessert was slapped together, the cocktail wasn't made correctly, and I only got the beer I asked for after requesting it, no joke, three times. If someone had come to our table afterwards and apologized or even offered to take the meal off the bill of my friend who had to wait an eternity, that would have been appreciated, but we were left totally shunned and baffled. As much as it pains me to say it, I will be taking my money elsewhere from now on.

Visited April 2014