“They do NOT care about customer service”
Review of Irish Times Pub - CLOSED

Irish Times Pub
Cuisines: Irish, British, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We recently moved out to Turkey Creek and looked forward to having a neighborhood bar we could walk to. Unfortunately, we will find a bar other than Irish Times. Here is a story that should make you think twice about going.

We went to dinner there earlier tonight with some friends. We ordered a bottle of wine. The waitress brought us out two glasses of wine plus an unopened bottle. She said the bartender made a mistake and that we were getting the glasses of wine for free. We were excited. Later we found out that we in fact had to pay for the two glasses (which we didn't order) as well as the bottle! This was ridiculous. The bartender made a mistake, we were told that we would get something for free, and then were given the shaft. Of course, if we knew what the outcome would be we would have just sent the glasses back initially and kept the bottle we ordered.

This makes absolutely no sense. Why would you upset the customers to cover your behind because you made a mistake? Not a good business strategy. This is no doubt a reflection of the ownership because most bartenders would have the flexbility to cover this.

I will tell the rest of the households in the HOA to take their business elsewhere.

1  Thank cvossler

Reviewed 4 April 2012

not like a real irish pub, but it is east tennessee. i guess if you throw some pictures of ireland on the wall and show a lot of 'football' you can call yourself an irish pub. the food was ok. the guinness was great

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We met John, the owner when we first went to this Pub. I haven't been lately so really can't vouch for the food now, but it used to be a favorite, until other newer eateries came in. I will say that I enjoyed every meal I got, and felt it fairly priced.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Absolutely horrible experience. I have ne'er been treated so badly by a restaurant manager. I have been in the restaurant business for nearly twenty years, so I do understand the nature of how a management team should run a business. They actually told us that there was a maximum table time of 45 minutes.(meaning that we had to leave our table 45 minutes after w sat down for dinner) I understand the place was packed and they need to turn tables. It was st Patrick's day and we were there to see the pop rox. We literally spent hundreds there and planned to spend more. I admit we stood up for what we believed to be right and eventually had to leave the premises, we intended to spend much more before getting a taxi home. St Patrick's day is for drinking, dancing and being merry. Thanks Irish Times for ruining my celebration to pay tribute to my strong Irish heritage. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy even if the food WOULD'VE been tasty.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Based on pubs I visited in Ireland, the decor or ITP may a bit over the top in terms of ornamental. It would only be found in the most affluent part of Dublin, for instance. But what do you expect being in Turkey Creek? Nonetheless, the food & brews are genuine in craftsmanship.