“Home away from Home!”

Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff
Ranked #44 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Nice clean rooms with full kitchens and 2 room suites! Loved the morning hot breakfast also! Very nice staff and also helpful with info on the local area.The only negative was the mattress, it was too firm for me.

Room Tip: Try and get a room near the pool and outdoor patio / fireplace.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 November 2012

We needed to book a last minute room in Knoxville and I went to the old standby of the Residence Inn. The Residence Inn i Cedar Bluff was available and convenient to where we were going. The rooms were very clean and the staff friendly. It was tricky to find the hotel at first because it is in the middle of three or four hotels. There is a free hot breakfast, which wasn't too bad. The food staff were very helpful and peppy. My only complaint is the road noise that we heard due to the close proximity to the interstate. If I were staying long term, it may be more of an issue than just the one night that we were there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2012

After several times of trying to get reservations and them being sold out, we finally got to stay at this Residence Inn just off of Interstate 40. It is a little hard to find, but once you do it was well worth it. It was very quiet and peaceful back in their little cove. Every employee we dealt with was so friendly and helpful! The breakfast was standard fair with a good variety. The suite was a nice size and had everything you would need for an extended stay. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2012

nice room, friendly staff. Grounds was well kept. The rooms had large fridge, stove, and microwave. Plenty of room for sleeper sofa to be utilized without overtaking the room. Location was fairly easily accessed, with plenty of restraunts and shopping fairly close by.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My friend and I had a great experience while visiting. Customer service was good. Very nice suites. I enjoyed swimming while there. Very clean too!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sherry S
Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

I travel from Texas to Vermont often. This hotel is my 1st stopping point and it's location is ideal for food and supply replenishing. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I am a Platinum Marriott rewards member and stay primarily in Marriott properties, the points add up. I stayed in this hotel after staying in the nearby SpringHill Suites looking for the homey touches that most Residence Inns provide. I was let down by the quality of the rooms and the friendliness of the staff though.
Overall points:
-Great outdoors spaces. Nice grill, fire place, outdoor furniture, pool, spa, and basketball court.
-Dated rooms with appliances that don’t serve their purposes. Unprofessional staff that makes you feel like they were trained to provide Burger King level service.
The rooms are very dated compared to most of the other Marriott properties I have stayed in. I couldn’t get the stove top to boil water after waiting 30 minutes. I’m glad they had a nice grill so could actually cook in. The showers are drab with the currents hanging in the floor of the tubs and vents don’t remove the moisture very well. The couch and bed were not as nice as many other Residence Inns I’ve been at. They seemed very much used and ready to be replaced.
The staff is typically hands off in welcoming and accommodating you. The SpringHill Suites staff members are quick to tell you hello or have a nice day and even remembered my name after staying there two weeks. The staff at the Residence Inn doesn’t seem to provide that Marriott touch that makes you feel like they are happy you are choosing to stay with them. One of the staff members was very inappropriate when I first arrived informing me a recent trip he made to a strip club when I was checking in. I’m not sure if that is the best thing to talk to a guest about especially if they didn’t initiate the topic.
However the outdoors spaces are most likely the best Marriott has to offer in the area. If you are looking to spend some time outdoors after work or while traveling and want to stay with Marriott I would suggest this location. If you are looking for a nice room and friendly staff I would recommend Marriott’s SpringHill Suites at Turkey Creek.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank EP123456789
Kelly M, Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Dear Guest,

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay at the Residence Inn Knoxville. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the outdoor space. It was part of a renovation the hotel completed recently. The entire hotel was gutted and re-done which included all new stainless steel appliances. As part of the management team it is disapponiting to hear that the staff did not meet your needs. Your comments will be shared with them so we may use it as a learning tool to improve our guest services.

Kelly Maness