“Great for a group!”

Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff
Ranked #47 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We loved staying here. We had a group of 5 and were so excited to all be able to stay together. The room was very nice, the complimentary breakfast was wonderful and the staff was friendly. Would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Th rooms facing East had a much nicer view....from the west it was sea of parking lots.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you for the nice review Ms. RaeJ! Always thrilled to know we've made someone's stay a memorable experience. We look forward to serving your group again!

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a stop-over and we were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and updated look. Definitely worth considering if you need a nice place to stay. We would stay here again without looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you for your positive observations. We enjoy what we do and appreciate it when our guests notice!

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed here for a week. I arrived very late on Sunday due to a flight delay (2am) and the front desk had my room key waiting for me and I was in my room in no time. Believe me, when you are exhausted it is a blessing to have such a speedy check-in! The staff was super friendly and the hotel was comfortable and clean. It is located very close to interstate 40 so there is a little highway noise to content with if you are a light sleeper. To minimize the traffic noise you should stay in a room away from the highway! The hot breakfast was very good, as was the evening buffet. The breakfast starts EXACTLY at 6:30am, so if you're an early bird you'll have to wait. It's close to lots of places to eat, but there aren't any sidewalks so you need to have a car to get anywhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor, away from the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank you for your very positive review of our Hotel. Having been here for a week and with your extensive travel, you've given a very accurate description of our operation/product. Thanks for taking the time to share your observations!

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Stayed here with my boyfriend for a weekend getaway. Very nice property. The basketball goal was very enticing to my boyfriend. Luckily, it was too cold for him to take advantage of it. The suite was very nice and clean. The desk worker that checked us in was really nice and helpful. We arrived a little late for breakfast, but there was enough left to satisfy our appetite. One problem with this property is the lack of recycling. You would think as an extended stay property recycling would be offered. It's time for this hotel to move into th 21st century in that respect.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Thank you for your very positive comments regarding our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we're doing.

I hope you noticed the "green" processes we're using around the hotel... encouraged terry re-use to save water, fluorescent bulbs in most lighting, and programable thermostats. We are investigating recycling but are currently limited by the size of our permanent dumpster enclosure.

As someone who recycles everything at home, I assure we're working to be as green as possible. Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Returning from my Florida vacation and stayed again at this property. Extremely convenient to I-75/I-40 at N. Cedar Bluff exit.

We were warmly welcomed and assigned a great room. The property is always clean and the staff is always friendly. Great warm buffet breakfast in the morning. I've made this property my home away from home in Knoxville.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a quiet room away from the I-75 side of the building!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the nice review! Always good to have high marks from a seasoned traveler. As you head back to the great, white north, I hope your Spring shows up sooner than May!

David, GM

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I love the rooms, but the location isn't convenient. If you want to do work in your room and rely on the hotel's Internet service, pick a different hotel. The hotel should just stop offering the service. I travel to Knoxville often and thought I'd found a reasonably priced suite. I guess I'll have to earn my Marriott points elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2013
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We underwent a very nice upgrade to our bandwidth service in December. It appears we may have a "dead" spot in the vicinity of your room or an issue with several individuals in that area of the hotel running multiple devices and taking up all of the available bandwidth. I have our tech service looking into the problem.

We should have this resolved shortly, so hope you'll give us another opportunity when you travel to Knoxville. Thank you for your report!

Reviewed 16 February 2013

A warm welcome await s you at his great Marriott property. Customer service is terrific. Rooms are clean and welcoming. Hot buffet breakfast fuels you for the day. This hotel is always my choice when travelling in Knoxville..

Room Tip: Ask for room away form the freeway.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
David J, General Manager at Residence Inn Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

It's great to hear from one of our regulars! Appreciate the high rating. We continue to strive to provide the best experience we can and your feedback helps us know we're on the right track. Thanks for taking the time to pass along your experiences with us!