“Bang for the buck”

Select Inn
Ranked #47 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
“Bang for the buck”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We needed a hotel fast and one that didn't cost a fortune. This one showed up on the radar and I was skeptical. Well needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. We entered our room and it smelled so incredibly clean and the linens were just as fresh! I have to say that though this hotel is a non-smoking hotel there are still remnants of their days that they allowed smoking. There were burn holes in our spreads but they were clean so it made no difference to us. Bathrooms could use some work but it was clean, which is very important to me.

The lobby was nice, the staff was accommodating and kind! And the free breakfast was actually very good! I also left a very expensive pair of Beats Earphones in out room and they shipped them back to me with no problem! I love honesty! These items will always keep me coming back to this hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel if you want a clean, nice and inexpensive hotel to stay in. Also this is a pet friendly hotel!!

Stayed May 2014
choice k, Guest Relations Manager at Select Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. It gives us great pleasure to know that you had a nice enjoyable stay. Your feedback is very important to us. Also good to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. We are in the process of updating our rooms with bedding, furniture, etc. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in our area and you will be able to see our newly decorated rooms.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was a great deal for money. The hotel was close to the Interstate. The front desk clerk Nikka was great. She recommended a wonderful local hamburger for dinner. The room was clean. The was a little firmer than I'm used to but it was only for one night. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. It gives us great satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was accommodating. We work with all of our staff on a daily basis to ensure all guests are taken care of. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is clean and right off of I-75. The complimentary breakfast at the hotel was very good, but there are several restaurants in the area. The hotel is clean and the staff is attentive. The one downside to this hotel is that the beds are firm and uncomfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and that our staff was attentive to your needs. We work with all of our staff everyday to ensure that all our guests are welcomed to our hotel and that they enjoy a clean comfortable room. Look forward to seeing you again.
Benton, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel overall was nice. However, my room had a very strong chemical smell to it.My friends room had the same smell only not as strong. I asked the front desk if something had 'happened' and all that bleach was used to clean up something in the room....he said no. I had the manager come up and he did not smell anything out of the ordinary.........great. There was no other room to move to, unless I wanted to stay on the 5th floor....vacant 5th floor, no thanks. I was getting a headache and my throat felt raw after about 3 hours, so I slept with the balcony door open, and it was of course noisy. If you have a sensitivity to chemicals and cleansers I don't recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Knoxville hotels

Connecticut
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Having drove from early morning until late evening we finally found the hotel. Check in was very easy and the woman behind the desk very pleasant. Beds were comfortable and the breakfast the usual, eggs, waffels etc. Many restaurants close by and not to far off the highway. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
choice k, Guest Relations Manager at Select Inn, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for posting a review about our hotel. So glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We know after you have been traveling a long while that you are tired and ready to get some place comfortable and get a good night's rest. We work with our staff on a daily basis to ensure that our guests are checked in with no problems and have a nice clean and comfortable room to stay in. Also glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. Most important meal of the day is what we have heard. Hope to see you again when you are back in our area.
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I only stayed here one night once I arrived in Knoxville. I arrived late at night around 11 pm. The guy at the front desk was very fast with checking me in. The room was up to date and the bed was so comfortable with all the pillows. I like the fact that it was restaurants close by. The only thing that I didn't like was the maids knocking on my my door the next morning. I felt rush to check out ! Other than that everything was fine I will suggest this hotel to anyone as a place to get a goodnight sleep.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
choice k, Guest Relations Manager at Select Inn, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Makayla,

We appreciate you taking your time to send a review about our hotel. It gives us great satisfaction to know that we have made your stay enjoyable. I will share your kind comments with the staff. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
Ontario
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Unexpectedly we had to stay here for 2 nights due to unsafe highway conditions---pleasant surprise---efficient check in---nice quiet room---comfortable bed---very clean and well maintained---excellent breakfast area and breakfast---I wish all stops were as good

Room Tip: Rooms away from highway are likely quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kenphilm
choice k, Guest Relations Manager at Select Inn, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Ken,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We strive to maintain a selective and good breakfast buffet. They say that is the most important meal of the day and we want all our guests to get off to a great start. I will certainly pass on to our staff your comments. We work with them everyday to ensure that they treat our guests with the utmost respect and offer any assistance you may need. We are certainly pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Next time you are in the area, we hope that you will stop and stay with us again.