“LOUD LOUD LOUD...”

Courtyard Knoxville Cedar Bluff
Ranked #41 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 10 January 2012

To sum it up.

LOUD LOUD LOUD, OH ITS LOUD. Traffic sounds from the interstate was terrible. And when people walked in the halls, it litterally vibrated the walls.

It was really bad.

Also, the internet was SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Like dial up slow. It was horrible.

Go elsewhere

Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
knoxvillecourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Thank you for visiting our hotel and providing valuable feedback and comments. I sincerely apologize for not addressing your feedback sooner.

I am very sorry for the noise that you heard from the interstate and hotel. I hope that you would try our hotel again if you are passing through Knoxville, and we could have the opportunity to select a quieter room for you.

Also, I wanted to share that we are very excited we will be increasing our internet bandwith within the next few months to improve the speed of this amenity for all guests.

I assure you we do take all guest concerns very seriously, and again I do appreciate you bringing your concerns to my attention. I personally invite you to give us another try next time you are in Knoxville.

Amy Francis
cy.tyscy.gm@marriott.com

Reviewed 7 August 2011

May be we should have opted for the higher-rated Residence Inn co-located here in W Knoxville, but we found property clean, comfortable and without surprises. Upcoming Nov renovation of public areas will bring it in line this the most modern Courtyards, I suspect.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I read the reviews and did want to add my own. It is true that this is an older Marriott. But, the service goes beyond the call of duty to be caring and thoughtful, our room was immaculate, and it is my impression that the staff is doing all it can to make it a very pleasant stay. I did not find the other reviews to be accurate or fair.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank indianhillmomma
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Hotel was overbooked due to tornadoes. We were given another room at another Marriott across the parking lot and had our entire stay compensated for this minor inconvenience. Marriott had also changed my Priceline reservation for we without any trouble whatsoever... and the mistake in booking was mine... not the hotels! I have never been treated so well in any hotel in my life! Go Marriott!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank BMuench
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I've been a mariott rewards member for a number of years, this was "almost" the worst Mariott I've ever stayed in.

The rooms were very dark and outdated. The staff was oblivious. The elevator was extremely slow. Traffic from the nearby interstate was loud all night.

My recommendation is to stay at the residence inn next door. I've stayed there over 50 times in the last 2 years and it is by far better.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2011

The check-in / check-out were flawless. The front desk staff members were all exceptionally professional and attentive. The parking was plentiful, convenient, well-lit and safe. The room was clean and comfy. The beds and pillows were fabulous. The indoor pool and hot tub were wonderful! The coffee was delicious, well-stocked and available all day. The ice-water station by the elevator was a nice extra. The location is good but there is no food in walking distance. The internet was spotty. I received good wi-fi coverage in the lobby but not at the end of the hallways (where my room was). The breakfast.... strange concept. It looks like free continental breakfast as found in similar hotels (no door to the restaurant, bar area for do-it-yourself foods), but it's not free. You do get better and more variety of food than found on free continentals but for the same or less money, you can sit down at a real restaurant and get served from a menu or go to a huge buffet. Unfortunately, the breakfast situation was dismal. This caliber of hotel would be better suited to have the free continental breakfast - even if the offerings were sparse, free = good. Other than that, the hotel itself was great. I would stay here again (if I brought my own box of doughnuts and fruit to eat in the morning). :)

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I'm a Marriott Gold Rewards member so needless to say, I've stayed at a lot of Marriotts all over the country. This one was by far the worst. The staff was friendly but besides that, everything else was horrible. Our first room wreaked of smoke so they promptly changed us, no problems, but the second room was disgusting. Mold on the shower curtain, stains on the carpet, and what appeared to be a blood stain on the curtains and in the tub. We didn't bother switching at that point, just stayed there. The hotel itself needs a face lift, it's dark and damp. Not welcoming at all. I was especially annoyed after returning to the room on the second day in the afternoon to find out that it had never been cleaned. When I called the front desk, they sent a housekeeper up only to tell me that she gets off work in 10 minutes (it was 3pm) and didn't have time to clean our room. I used my Marriott points for this stay and really feel like I wasted them. We were in town for a wedding and the rest of our family stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn down the road. I was jealous of their hotel, sooo much nicer and it was less expensive.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple