“Not a good value”

Courtyard Knoxville Cedar Bluff
Ranked #39 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
“Not a good value”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Sorry. But $200 a night for noisey highway and an air conditioner that turns off for "energy savings" in the middle of the night just is not worth $200. I had to plug the iron into the sink outlet. The controls for the jacuzzi tub were hard to reach and you get wet turning on the shower. I have designed hotels and I put a receptacle in the middle of the wall for the ironing board. Cheep toilet paper too.

• Stayed August 2013
knoxvillecourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
We are sorry to hear of your disappointment in your recent stay with us. While highway noise can sometimes be difficult to overcome, we believe our great location, quality of food and beverage and high level of guest service compensates for those periods of heavy traffic. If you ever are in our area again, please contact me personally so that I may locate a room that would be in the quietest location.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel location is right off the interstate. You hear traffic all night. Additionally, I was on the 2nd floor and you hear people walking above on the 3rd floor.
I am a Marriott rewards member who for the past several years try to only stay in Marriots. This was hands down the worst Marriott I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2013
knoxvillecourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
I am so sorry you felt like this was the worst Marriott you ever stayed at. Our staff always strives to provide our guests with excellent customer service, but unfortunally being so close to the interstate it's not something we can change. I understand how you must feel about the noise, and in the future please let us know so we can maybe find a quieter room for you. Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts.
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We spent one night here after a very long day on the road and on our way to Nashville. It was a little hard to find as it is near other hotels. We had a clean comfortable room. Staff were pleasant. There are places to go and eat (not sure if you have to take your car) but we were too tired so we just ordered out and had our food brought to us! Perfect. This hotel met our needs perfectly- clean, comfortable and nice people.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
knoxvillecourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback and it is a huge motivator for our staff anytime one of our guests takes the time to write a positive comment. Plese stop by and see us again.
VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I have NEVER written a review! Promise! Our daughter got married last weekend in Knoxville and we used the Courtyard Marriott as our "home base". We blocked a group of rooms and even had a Mix n Mingle event with our guests Saturday night. They allowed us to use the board room to set up food (free of charge) and gave us Happy Hour prices. The staff could not have been more accommodating with our endless requests. They were patient and always SO polite. Everyone! The Courtyard area in the back is quite nice with a seats, tables, and even a gas Fire Pit. Thank you to all the staff for contributing to a fabulous weekend. Yes the noise from the highway is there but it's not the hotel's fault. It has also been recently renovated.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
knoxvillecourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
We are thrilled to hear our staff service met your expectations! We look forward to many more successful events, just like this one! Thank you for taking the time to write the encouraging comments.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night thankfully at this hotel. We arrived late and checked in easily. The room was warm. We turned on the ac unit and it was very musty smelling But had to leave it on all night to drown out the noise. Hotel is right beside interstate so all night you would hear ever car, semi and motorcycle go by. Bathroom was very small. Bed was very uncomfortable and sheets scratchy Was very disappointed especially for being a rewards member and spending almost $200 for the room. Had no contenintal breakfast. Would not recommend

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
knoxvillecourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
I wanted to take this oportunity and let you know that we are aware of the issues you brought to our attention and would like to let you know that we will be going through a renovation very shortyly and all those concerns will be addressed. We do hope to see you in the future.
Sundusky, OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

My daughter got a room for myself and my grandson of 19 years old. We were planning to stay at the Holiday Inn as usual. They were sold out, and recommend your facility. I would have thought being a Marriott Property the expectation of staff would be professional. We arrived late and the elderly man working said he was in process of running the computers, that he would take my daughter credit card copy and check us in. Did provide a key. We tried to purchase snacks at the Store at the check in counter, he said if its cash we can take it now if not we would have to come back later, of which was 11:45pm. My Grandson again is 19, went down stairs to work on you term paper at the computer. The Elderly man told him your grand parents have to be with you while your using the computer, and the computer area closes at midnight. I seen no sign stating age limit, and or hours of operation for the computer area. We were scheduled to stay two nights, we stayed one, and went to a Holiday Inn. I did inquire about coffee, the elderly man said no longer give coffee, due to cut backs, as be carried a urn of coffee. The Court Yard shouldn't have people in customer service that shouldn't be there, or it could be the standards of operation. I would hope not being part of the brand name Marriott. I will not be back to a Court Yard Property.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda G
I am terribly sorry to hear about the incident you experienced while staying with us. I wanted to take this opportunity and let you know that I've addressed this matter with the associate mentioned and proper disciplinary actions have been taken. Please let me know if I can be of further service. I hope you would still consider us for future stays.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

We have stayed here several times when my husband is traveling for business. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The lobby has been redone and is very nice with the bistro.
The rooms just seem very worn to us. The furniture still has fabric and the fabric was stained. There was something sticky on the carpet. I moved the ottoman and there was a piece of trash underneath it. Also, if you stay on the right side of the hotel, the road noise from the highway is very loud.
I know a lot of the courtyards have been updated and this one has to some extent, but I think it could use a little more work. Again, very nice staff, and fine for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Away from the highway.