“Wonderful Stay”

Comfort Suites Knoxville West-Farragut
Ranked #19 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were visiting UT and found this hotel. We were very happy with the place. It was very clean, in a wonderful location, and friendly staff. The pool area was great, we had it all to ourselves. It is a little oddly laid out, everyone coming in or out or even just walking by can see into the pool area. The beds were comfortable, the only complaint is the curtains are too thin and let in way too much light at night. We would stay here again and again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
ComfortKnoxWest, General Manager at Comfort Suites Knoxville West-Farragut, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words about our hotel. We know that it does take an extra effort to do this, and we want you to know it is much appreciated.

I am happy to read that you would stay with us again! I did want to let you know that all our rooms also have a blackout curtain behind the 1st layer of curtains, I am sorry you did not see these while you were here.

We know you have many options on hotels in the Knoxville area, we thank you for choosing ours and we hope to see you again soon!

Valori Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We checked in on a Friday afternoon before a game day. Check in was quick and easy the person working the desk was extremely nice. The room we received was 117 and I usually do not prefer 1st floor rooms but this one was far enough away from the lobby but close enough to make getting to our car a breeze.
The rooms are a great size. You walk in to a bathroom on one side and closet on the other. Then into a living area with a chair and a sofa (not the most comfortable sofa but doable) this area has a half privacy screen between the bedroom. Our room had 2 queen sized beds, flat screen, mini fridge and microwave. I prefer to stay somewhere with a fridge and microwave in case we want to heat up leftovers or bring in cokes, waters etc.
The beds are great very comfortable what isn't so great is the pillows. Each bed has 4 small (very small) pillows with a variety of soft to super soft. I'm not sure why hotels are going in this direction but I'm not a fan of these half size pillows. Not comfortable at all but I've seen them in the last few hotels I've stayed at. I will take my own pillow next trip.
The fold out couch was missing a blanket but we were able to get one from the front desk (more on this below). Good water pressure in the bathroom and the shower is adjustable for water stream.
All in all we were happy with our room.

Customer Service: After such a great check in and check out I'm sad to say that we witnessed another instance of very (extremely) poor customer service. I was not there but I'll include what my husband saw. I want to point out that this was a game weekend so not many hotels had rooms left and the ones that did I saw were posting upwards of $300/night so I'm sure people who were traveling through were just trying to get a great price and a place to rest their heads.
Okay so here goes: My husband went to the front desk about 10pm on Friday (Oct. 18) to ask for a blanket for our daughter on the fold out couch. He said there was one person working the desk and a woman waiting. The person working the desk was on the phone and noticably irratated at the caller stating they needed to call back for group rates the next day that he didn't know. He put the call on hold and looked up and said to the woman (who my husband said was waiting patiently) do you need a room? She said yes I do...he said do you have a reservation she said no. He said we are full they have rooms and pointed next door. She stood there stunned at the rude tone and he said listen I don't have any rooms and instead of you waiting here you might as well go next door I can't help you anymore. (There was more to this conversation but that is the summary). I will tell you my husband said if anyone ever talked to him or I in that manner we would have demanded a manager. This woman was shocked and went out the door. Then he looked at my husband and said And what is it you need?

Here is the thing its a game weekend, you are going to be busy, people are going to try and get last minute rooms...I get it. But, this person should not be in the customer service industry. There is no excuse for rudeness, just mean for no reason at all. I wish I had been standing there and I would have spoken up. My husband doesn't like confrontation so he stayed silent but said he was really just shocked anyone would talk to someone that way.

To the management at this hotel...You have so many excellent associates at your hotel between the ladies we encountered at the breakfast area, cleaning, and even the front desk...don't let this person ruin your ratings. I would consider a very proactive coaching session on customer service and until them keep him off the phones and away from your customers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
We thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you were very happy with our rooms. We have recently changed our bedding and we now offer 2 soft and 2 firm pillows (both of which are much larger than our previous ones) on each bed. I do appreciate that you took the time to describe our other room features and amenities; this is very helpful to others when trying to decide where to stay.

I do want to assure you that the issue your husband witnessed has been addressed, and new training measures have been put in place. We do not often encounter these issues, but you are correct in stating they should never occur. I do apologize for any inappropriate behavior by our staff member. I am grateful that you brought this to our attention.

We do hope that the next time you are in the area; you will choose to use our hotel.

Smithville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Needed a hotel for a football game! Wanted to stay downtown but way too pricey. Found this hotel based on reviews and was very pleased. It took about 10 minutes to arrive, from downtown Knoxville. The hotel was very clean, good breakfast. The location had excellent shopping and restaurants nearby. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ground floor was great!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
ComfortKnoxWest, General Manager at Comfort Suites Knoxville West-Farragut, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
We are so happy to read that you would definitely stay with us again; thank you so much for submitting your review of our hotel.

We appreciate you letting others know about the cleanliness of our hotel and the complimentary breakfast buffet. The shopping and restaurants in our area are quite excellent, there is something for everyone!

The next time you travel through Knoxville, it is our hope that you will stay with us again.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 20 September 2013

convenient to restaurants, shops, and a friendly check in. quiet nice place to stay. very clean, great breakfast. comfortable bed and room. not a problem in recommending this to friends and family!! stayed here in our move across country.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
ComfortKnoxWest, General Manager at Comfort Suites Knoxville West-Farragut, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
We are so happy to read that you would recommend us to your friends and family, there is no better compliment!

Thank you for submitting your review, and letting others know about our convenience, cleanliness and our hot breakfast every morning. We truly appreciate your willingness to share your experience.

We hope we will see you again if you travel back to the Knoxville area.

charlottesville
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We chose this hotel because of the reviews we read on Trip Advisor.
We were not disappointed. Very friendly staff, Very nice room, Very good breakfast. We would recommend this hotel when in Knoxville and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed here because of the Trip Advisor reviews. We were not disappointed. Friendly staff, nice...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank larrystrem
ComfortKnoxWest, General Manager at Comfort Suites Knoxville West-Farragut, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
We so appreciate you adding your review to Tripadvisor! Thank you for recommending our hotel to other viewers.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased that you gave us a chance to prove our service; we do hope to see you again soon!

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 September 2013

hotel is great place to stay, friendly people, great rooms, great breakfast every morning, great workout room and pool and spa. Only thing that they need to improve on is the internet connection, it is a little slow and you can't send emails out only receive, so if you are on business you need to have any air card to be able to send out your emails.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your compliments about our hotel, we really are pleased that you took the time to submit your review.

I am so sorry you experienced a problem with the internet the night or your stay, this is not something that normally happens. We offer Charter’s highest speed service for our customers so I do not understand why it was running slow. There perhaps was an outage in the area, however I do apologize for your inconvenience, and want to assure you that normally our guests do not have any problems sending or receiving their emails.

We truly appreciate you choosing to stay at our hotel. Our hope is if you are in the Knoxville area you will again choose to stay with us!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stopped here overnight traveling west on I-40. Checked in late (after 9 pm) and after getting carry out in the beautiful nearby Turkey Creek area, the pillow top bed was just amazing. This hotel is new, modern, and spotless. Staff wonderfully skilled. I travel this interstate at least twice a year so I will definitely return and maybe even stay over to explore Knoxville.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
We thank you for your thoughtful words about our staff, the hotel, and especially our beds. We strive very hard to make sure all our guests encounter the same experience you described; we are grateful you took the time to post your review.

We do realize that you have many hotel choices in this area, but we are so pleased that you chose our hotel while traveling through the area. We look forward to your return trip!