“Reasonably Priced Ramada Knoxville”

Comfort Inn & Suites Knoxville West
Ranked #39 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Expanding on the title of my review, Ramada Knoxville is by far one of the fairest and most reasonably priced accommodations in the city (if not the bulk of the entire state). If you're a normal human being, who doesn't expect a 'no frills' hotel at this price-point to be like the Four Seasons, you really can't go wrong with the Ramada Knoxville.

The location is superb, with very easy access to the main arteries that can take you pretty much anywhere in the state of Tennessee. Driving from the hotel to downtown Knoxville was a breeze, as was a quick jaunt to Oak Ridge.

The staff at the hotel was nothing short of exceptional. We checked in rather late at night and were greeted by a gentleman named Jason who was (in my experience) the complete antithesis of most night audit/overnight hotel desk clerks. He was polite, helpful and very welcoming... something that could be attributed to his own character, or possibly just because most residents of Tennessee seem to be that way. The young lady that checked us out (I didn't catch her name as we were in a rush) was equally kind and efficient throughout the check out procedure.

The room was clean and comfortable overall. The fridge and microwave in the room are fantastic. We didn't spend much time in the room and didn't watch television, but when we went to watch the weather before our departure, we realized there was no remote for the TV... not a big deal, and we know that hotel remotes have a way of 'growing legs' and walking out with the last guest. We reported the missing remote at checkout and the clerk immediately filled out a maintenance request. Aside from that, the TV itself was old, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best), the bed and pillows would fall somewhere in the 5.5 to 6.0 range. The bed itself and the linens (like the rest of the room) were spotlessly clean, but the mattresses and the pillows are in dire need of updating.

The computer/printer connected to the internet in the lobby was great, although the WiFi is a complete waste. We were on the fourth floor and although my Blackberry could recognize the wireless network, the signal strength was so weak that I could not access anything, and my wife's laptop had the same issue... so, they either need to upgrade the system entirely, or at least employ a chain of signal repeaters to strengthen the signal throughout the hotel.

Minor issues aside, I would not hesitate to recommend the Ramada Knoxville to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Knoxville West

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We arrived after driving 16 hours yesterday. We had 6 people - 2 adults, 4 teens, so I reserved 2 rooms. We and the hotel workers were unable to open the 2nd room. So we were 'upgraded' to a suite. What a joke. Yes, the king size bed was nice, but i felt so bad for my daughter's friend who had to sleep on the awful sleeper sofa. The mattress was super thin, the sheets, were gross, and there were NO blankets!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to go downstairs 3 times, first because of issues with the door, 2nd to get towels (there are 6 of us, we were given 4 towels), and then to get a blanket. I was told after my third trip downstairs there were no blankets. REALLY??? then after he saw how angry I was, he magically found a disgusting blanket. Poor girl froze all night long!!!
This morning, I went downstairs to check out, and asked for my receipt. Took the clerk at least 5 minutes to do a simple print of my 2 receipts. I do NOT recommend this hotel. Staff is not friendly or helpful, and place is GROSS!

Room Tip: Only good thing - easy on and off to I 75.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This was one of the better motels that I have stayed st for the price. Rooms were large and had a balcony. we went to the mall right across the road and then did the Zoo the next day. Easy on and off highway and plenty of restaurant s in area.

A Wyndham traveler
Burton
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Reviewed 18 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2013

My reservation thru Ramada Website was for 2 beds. When we arrived we were told we had been upgraded . There are 4 in our family all over 6' tall and both my kids are teenagers. The room upgraded to was a King with sofabed. the sofabed had a full size matress that was about 4" thick. Sheets were so old and so thin they were soft and almost transparent. There was a horrilble stain on the carpet outside the bathroom door. I called the front desk when I realized how small the sofa bed was and they told me that there were not any double rooms available. Why have a reservation if you can't get what you want? The only thing I can say nice about this hotel ( and I travel 3 nights a week for work) was the towels were very thickand new and nice.....that said, there were 4 of us and 3 towels in the room.....NEVER will I stay here again