“Issues checking in, but great stay”

BEST WESTERN Knoxville Suites
Ranked #25 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Atwood, Illinois
“Issues checking in, but great stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel a month in advance on Expedia as a halfway point for a trip to Myrtle Beach. I arrived in the evening to check in only to find that they did not have my reservation in the computer. The nice gentlemen at the front desk quickly found a paper copy of my reservation in their Expedia binder. After about 10 minutes of deliberation, they ended up finding a room equal to the one that I booked. All in all, it was somewhat of an annoyance, but they were courteous throughout the entire situation. The room seemed brand new and the stay could not have ended any better. Do not hesitate to stay here...sometimes things just don't go as smooth as you hope.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ashley, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

We arrived at the hotel soaking wet after a 12 hour motorcycle ride in torrential rain. The gentleman at the desk checked us in quickly, offered to let us park our motorcycles under cover and offered us towels to dry off with. The room was exceptionally clean, roomy and comfortable. We will definately be staying here anytime our travels take us through tghe Knoxville area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Clinton Township, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is an older motel and the outside looks it. However, once inside, it is bright, CLEAN, with up to date decor, colors and bedding. The staff is friendly and helpful, the breakfast was pretty good and the coffee was very good. But it was the cleanliness that I really appreciated. Will definitely stay here again if I am in this area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I booked a single night at this hotel to stop on the way to visit family for Thanksgiving. I ended up getting sick, visiting a nearby hospital, an staying 4 nights instead of one. I am glad I chose this hotel.

I first chose this hotel because it was $76 per night plus tax, and had an indoor pool. It turned out we never used the pool. The pool is relatively small, but indoors. The pool area was clean and I wished I could have used it.

We our a family of 2 adults and a 9 year old. A king sized bed and a fold out couch is perfect for us. The rooms are large and clean. I like the second sink. One in the bathroom and another not in the bathroom.

Breakfast was fairly standard but well presented. The hot items were hot. The fruit was fresh. The coffee hot and the juice chilled. The breakfast area was clean. The hotel was modestly busy and they did a good job cleaning tables for the next occupants.

I was very pleased with the staff when I got sick. They were very helpful without being nosy. I suspect most hotels take good care of their guests, but this hotel certainly did that for me and my family.

There are several restaurants within walking distance. These are full service restaurants, with good menus, not fast food or sandwich shops. I think there are fast food options as well, but it was nice to have some options that were a step up.

This hotel allows pets but they do an outstanding job keeping it clean. I have stayed at other hotels that allowed pets and too often there is a pet odor. That was not the case here. For the record I have traveled with a pet in the past, and appreciate a hotel that allows pets, but I also appreciate a hotel that makes sure there is no pet odor.

I will use this hotel again. We travel through Knoxville twice a year, and frequently stay in the area. For the price, location, and cleanliness, this hotel is now at the top of my list for the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I have stayed at the Best Western Knoxville Suites more than once. I'm a return guest because the rooms are terrific. The hotel is all-suites, and the rooms have plenty of perks. The room is divided into a sitting/working area with a sofa bed, desk, and microwave and fridge, with the bed in the other part of the room. There are certainly no complaints about the room; and, if all you need is the room, you're in great shape.

The problem lies in the perks. The indoor pool area was stifling, and the sauna feeling worked its way into the exercise room. The tiny room with two pieces of equipment was so hot that it was pointless to use the equipment. More problematic, the exercise bike was in rather poor repair. (I couldn't endure the overheated room long enough to try the treadmill.) I certainly appreciate the fact that they have the exercise room; however, something needs to be done to reduce the temperature in the exercise room (and even the pool area: it was far too hot in the pool area for the temperature outside, which was in the high 50's when I stayed this time). The computer in the business room was also rather slow; however, that's not really an issue given that most people travel with at least an iPhone or a laptop and would only need it (as I did) when the mobile sites won't let you accomplish what you need to. On the positive side, the breakfast area was well-supplied with cereal, fresh fruit and beverages.

There are several restaurants nearby, and there is a grocery across the street.

Overall, the suite and the front desk staff were warm and welcoming, and I certainly would have no reservations in staying here again. However, I do hope the next time I'm at this hotel they have found the temperature control button for the exercise room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Los Alamitos, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Knoxville changes so much every time I have been there. I thought this place was well-located; and the young woman at the desk the evening that we arrived was really helpful with suggestions and changing our room to one that was a bit larger and quieter. This is a great point to use to get to the Smokies and beyond - easy on and off the highways.

This may not be Best Western Premier quality; but it is an example of what is best about Best Western hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms are upper floors are really quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Southern Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

On our southbound trip we had an unforeseen emergency while stopping at this hotel just off Hwy 75 at exit 108 and while we were already very pleased with Roger the night clerk and his attention and recommendations for us on our first night, we would be remiss if we didn't acknowledge with great appreciation the entire staff during our emergency the following morning. Upon waking, on what was planned to be our 1 night stay, my wife had an unforeseen reaction with her meds that caused us to ask for EMS. The hotel staff responded immediately. Lisa came to the room immediately to provide any assistance she could and Crystal on the front desk expedited the EMS staff direct to the room. We ended up staying an extra night once everything was fortunately resolved happily. Most importantly the staff made every effort to aid us, offering to care for our pet toy poodle (the hotel is very pet friendly), ensuring the room was put to rights quickly after all the traffic subsided and providing us with recommendations for all our requirements for the second evening as my wife recovered. This is not the newest of hotels but it was certainly clean and well managed and as far as the staff is concerned they are unbelievably fabulous. It was great to be cared for by such a caring team who made us feel secure as if we were at home rather than lost in a strange city. Many, many, thanks to Roger, Lisa, Crystal and the rest of the staff.
PS: I forgot to mention the great breakfast included with our stay.

Room Tip: Very knowledgeable staff regarding local eateries, don't hesitate to seek their advice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple