“Great price, solid nights stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Merchants Drive

Quality Inn Merchants Drive
Ranked #45 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Lexington
“Great price, solid nights stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Clean, quiet room, comfy beds. The parking lot was well lit. Lots of updates to this older hotel. The breakfast bar was pretty good. all and all good overnighter hotel for a long trip. Quick Check in and Check out, The shower worked very well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
camjur, General Manager at Quality Inn Merchants Drive, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Thanks for the kind words Ian!!1 Come back and see us!

General Manaer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chesnee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is our second time staying at this Choice Hotel Quality Inn in Knoxville: As alway EXCELLENT attentiveness and attitude by TOBY on the front desk. I needed a real office chair to do computer work and they were more than accomodating in getting me set up. Excellent
Wi-Fi upload and download speeds any time day or night!!!!! Breakfasts were well managed and complete with eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, and of course waffles, etc.: The breakfast attendant was truly a rarity in that she was honestly friendly, smiled, and really stayed on top of keeping the tables clean and the counters stocked and restocked. Pool was clean, smelled fine, and water was perfectly clear; Coffee was always available anytime!!!.... All I ask for as a road warrior who stays at a LOT of Choice Hotels is good coffee, stable wi-fi, decent bed, decent breakfast...This Hotel is one that the staff honestly goes beyond the minimum/bare requirements to provide superlative service at a very reasonable rate. This was a family mostly, (and some business for me also) road trip. Door use the new style locks that are more secure and do not use mag strips per se.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are on the top, back side but are clean, and do smell fine. Plent of restaurants right...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank H Winston H
camjur, General Manager at Quality Inn Merchants Drive, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thanks so much for your stellar review. Its always great when we can repeatedly please our great guests! Many Safe Returns!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed here on business and really liked the price along with the quality of the room. It is located within walking distance of several restaurants and a short drive from many more as well as some shopping if needed. The price was very reasonable and the limited interaction with staff was pleasant as well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Leland1962
camjur, Manager at Quality Inn Merchants Drive, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thanks so much guys!!! We always strive to provide as much value for every dollar as we can! Come back soon and see our new furniture!

Gardendale, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Was going to Knoxville on business and needed a hotel close to the office. I trust Choice Hotels even though others cringe when you tell them "I paid $55 for the hotel". This hotel was pretty easy to find (I did turn in the wrong driveway the first time). There are restaurants within walking distance. I was told by fellow employees that this was the "good" side of town so no issues there. I am a Cracker Barrel fan and one was right across the street. Easy access to the interstate. Went in and the front desk person was very helpful and friendly. I guess he could tell I had a long day because he gave me a 1st floor level room in the back away from noise and I much appreciated that. There was no noise from neighbors like in some hotels. The bed was SOFT. The room was clean and I appreciated the chair - where I sat and ate my take out and watched TV. Fridge (love this since I need it for medication) and microwave (didn't need). The bathroom was quite small and luckily I was alone because you cannot close the bathroom door if you are sitting on the commode. You must get in the room, back up then close the door. No biggy just thought I would mention it. Breakfast the next morning was what you would expect ... eggs, biscuits, muffins, juice .. just enough and not bad. May have to go back for business again and will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank carol41363
camjur, General Manager at Quality Inn Merchants Drive, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Carol,
Thanks so much for the great review!! I am so glad your stay here was outstanding! Please come back and see us soon.

Sarnia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

This hotel has the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Very clean rooms, and the wi fi really does work in the room. You don't have to be worried about being booted off losing the signal. It has a fridge and microwave and coffee maker as well as a free continental breakfast .
Good value for your money. Very reasonable rates.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank orchardview58
camjur, General Manager at Quality Inn Merchants Drive, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words!! We get so many compliments on our beds but it never gets old! Thanks again for your input. We will keep striving to keep up the good work!

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

I am rather surprised at the poor reviews I have read for this place. No this place isn't fancy but for the price, I was VERY pleased. The bed was comfy, the fridge and microwave worked great, as well as the wi-if. I didn't stay for breakfast so I cannot rate that. I did have some issues getting the room a comfy temperature, but that was the only downside I found. The staff was friendly, the place was clean and the tv worked great. If you just need a comfy place to sleep while on a budget, this place is excellent! Right near a bunch of places to eat too. I would stay here agin if I was in the area again.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Wolfgirl_364
camjur, General Manager at Quality Inn Merchants Drive, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Thanks so much for the kind words WolfGirl!!! We are always improving and always trying to meet and exceed our guests needs. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Chesnee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

Toby, THE front desk manager, accomodated me-went the extra mile- by making sure I had a work chair for my room to work on my laptop while on vacation. He followed up not once but twice to make sure I was good..that kind of beyond the average is really appreciated! Breakfast service and quality is above average for a Q.I. Burly guy who checked me in was lazy BSer, when I asked for a work chair, but Toby made him deliver my chair...bypass him and look for Toby!!! For your information and full disclosure, I am a Diamond traveler with Choice Hotels, and I do spend a lot of time in CH's...so for me to write a compliment means a lot!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter...Although It does have a central elevator the stairwells were a...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank H Winston H
You are absolutely correct!!!! We are well aware and HONORED to get such high marks from an ELITE DIAMOND member of choice privileges! As frequent travelers we hold your opinions in the highest regard as you not only stay in Quality Inns but other Choice hotels brands as well! I have passed your comments on to Toby and he was very pleased to have served you so well!