“Disappointed”

Ranked #59 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis and never had an issue until yesterday. The hotel decided to change their policy on early check in time. I was charged the daily rate and 1/2 day additional. I just literally needed to drop off my bags before attending a meeting. I've stayed at this particular hotel for over 3 years and this is the first i heard about it. The staff member who checked me in couldn't give me a reason to why the policy had just changed just that it did. It disappoints me to have to stay at another place but that's exactly what I plan to do.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
camjur, General Manager at Quality Inn Merchants Drive, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Bambigirl,
I apologize for the misunderstanding. If you had simply stated that you just needed to drop your bags and go to a meeting, we would have been more than happy to hold them behind the front desk until check-in time. Our published check in time is 3 PM. Anyone showing up at 7:30 AM (before our published check out time of 11 AM) is to be charged a half day rate. Our policy has not changed in the 4 years i have been the general manager here. The problem, it seems, is in the lax enforcement of the policy. I apologize to you for the confusion caused by my staff and i. If you wish to return (and i sincerely hope you do) just let us hold your bags at the front desk and we will get you checked in upon your return from your business.

Cameron Juroff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed here on the way through. The room was clean, staff friendly. Cant really ask for much more. Loved the comforters. Very homely. Breakfast hit the spot. And got is on our way. I was surprised how good my stay it was. Will see you again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
camjur, Manager at Quality Inn Merchants Drive, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Im so glad you had a superb time here! Come see us again soon!

Pointe Aux Pins, Michigan
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Everything was great! Lovely, clean, and welcoming! We enjoyed our stay very much! We were surprised at how nice it actually was, since we hadn't planned ahead, just called at the last minute. Staff was helpful and polite, price was VERY reasonable, and overall it was a GREAT place to stay. If travelling that way again, we would definitely stay there!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thanks so much for staying! We hope to see you again soon!
Clarksville, Michigan
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We were on our way home and needed a quick stop before we headed off early in the morning. It was very convenient on and right off the highway. The staff were pleasant and the room was clean and neat. It was fairly small but adequate. The breakfast was fair. Would have liked more fresh fruit selections (only had apples and oranges). But the best part was the price...reasonable. Would we stay there again? Probably would.

Room Tip: Ground floor and with outside exit doors.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I found this hotel in local coupon book and decided to give it a try. We were pleasantly surprised with the friendliness of the staff, cleanness of the hotel and overall comfort of the rooms. The only minus is a breakfast. I had better expectations of super hot deluxe breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014
Fresno, California
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Got in late after a long day' drive. Thought I was getting a clean budget room. Sheets were dirty on one bed and suspect on the other. I wouldn't walk barefoot on the carpets. Walls are all patched up, furniture looks really tired, room smells moldy. Changed rooms three times and just gave up. If it weren't so late I'd go find someplace else. I will be demanding a refund. What a crap hole. #qualityinnandsuitescrap

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
camjur, General Manager at Quality Inn Merchants Drive, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Irish Guy
Im so sorry to hear that the Quality Inn didn't meet your expectations. As you can see from our other reviews we really do aim to please. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly on your next trip to town and let us show you that your stay here was the exception and DEFINITELY not the rule.

Tarpon Springs, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We had to make an emergency trip up to Knoxville, due to my brother being in ICU at Fort Sanders and we could not have asked for a better place to stay, room clean, service great and breakfast was awesome. We will continue to stay there on our future trips to Knoxville.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor in the back and didn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Although i'm sorry about your reason for needing to visit, I am very glad that we were able to help your trip to be a smooth one! I'm glad to hear that you will be back with us on return visits.

Many Safe Returns