“Quality Inn Merchants Drive Knoxville TN”

Quality Inn Merchants Drive
Ranked #62 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I very nice stay and good price. Breakfast was good with choices to eat -- eggs, bacon, etc. Rooms were nice bed was comfortable. The internet speed was amazing! Staff was great. A very good choice if you are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at this Quality Inn during the first stop for our road trip to Florida. Since we were driving a 20 ft U-Haul truck we wanted something close to the freeway exit and with a large enough parking lot so we can maneuver the truck without having to back out of the space. This hotel suited as perfectly.

Room: Our room (2nd floor) was clean and came with a small fridge and microwave. I liked having the bathroom sink/mirror/vanity outside the bathroom so one of us could brush our teeth, apply make-up, etc while one is using the bathroom. My only problem with this room is that during the middle of the night, I woke up because I smelled cigarette smoke! My friend smelled it, too. It might be coming from the room below us or someone smoking outside. The odor was very strong. Someone from another hotel told us that what happens is that most people want non-smoking rooms but those same people would smoke outside.

Perks: A hot breakfast is included with the room rate. There was hard-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, waffles, different kinds of bread and of course, coffee or tea. I thought that this was a nice service.

There is also an elevator which served as well as we had to haul some of our belongings from the truck.

There are at least 2 restaurants that are within walking distance of the hotel, i.e., they share the same parking lot as the hotel.

Overall this is an "OK" hotel for an overnight stay. We got most of what we wanted: near the exit, ample parking for a truck, clean room.

Room Tip: The first floor non-smoking rooms might be better in case there are people smoking outside the rooms...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stopped here on the way to NC and on the way back. They let us book even though we weren't quite 21 yet and were great about letting us come in at 2 am with no problems. GREAT value for the price! It's not super fancy, but the pool, mini fridge, microwave, and continental breakfast were amazing. It was also very clean. I will definitely stay there again if I'm ever back in Knoxville!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

When searching for a place to stay...basically only to sleep...quality inn was perfect and accommodated our needs. Room was average size, bathroom was very small...but beds were comfortable and plenty of hot water for showers. Overall, we were satisfied and would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

This being my first stay at a Quality Inn, I wasn't sure what to expect. Very surprised at how nice and quiet the room was. Also very clean overall and a good, hot breakfast selection. Will stay here again when visiting the area.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Checked in at 3:30 PM, but my requested room type was not available. I was asked to accept a handicap accessible room as an alternate. There I found mold around the shower base. When a strange cell phone rang, I located it behind the bed in the dust and nasty stuff that had not been cleaned in who knows how long. After taking the cell phone to front desk, I returned to the room and called my wife to let her know I'd checked in. While on the phone, a small insect scurried across the top of the desk. I smashed it with my finger. Not a minute later, I stomped another much larger insect before it creeped beneath the chest. I then asked the desk clerk for accommodations at the adjacent property at the same price I'd budgeted for Quality Inn. I was told that Quality Inn's guarantee only applies when QI is unable to provide any kind of room at check-in. I said I was not accustomed to sleeping with insects and I didn't want any passengers on my return home. I spoke with corporate customer service and was told satisfaction was at the discretion of the local establishment. The local owner was unwilling to satisfy my request for a room at their adjacent competitor.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this Quality Inn. Plan to pay a bit more and stay at any of the adjacent better hotel...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank George10012014
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed at Quality Inn Merchants Dr, Knoxville over the UT Softball tournament. Hotel was clean and good quality for my money. Only 10 minutes from stadium. Several Restaurants around to walk to, Applebee, OCharleys, Waffle House and others, which is great when tired and don't want to go out again in car. Older hotels with parking outside of door, but great value. Staff was helpful which is a great plus in this day and times. the Page family

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family