“Need Some Improvement”

Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Need Some Improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed here this week. I will be checking out in the morning Wednesday, 05/02. First of all my room was very clean, that is a plus for 4 stars, now it go down hill. I am a business traveler and stay in a hotel every week for at least three nights. 95% of my stays are at a Hampton Inn. Here lately there internet service is terrible. Especially at this Hampton. They win first place for the most terrible internet service ever. Here is the funny thing about it. I complain on Monday night to the lady working the evening shift, the one sneezing all over the cookies has she is putting them out. As I am checking in some one is at the front desk all ready complaining, that is when I should have left. I also complain after I got check in. I was told she would reboot it, that is a laughing joke. It is very important to be able to work in your room on the internet, VERY IMPORTANT>
I asked this morning 05/01 if they are going to work on this. Still nothing resolved. Here it is tuesday night and I am working in the business office because I can not get internet service in my room. That sucks. I call down about 7 and was told by the same Lady that work Monday night, I will reboot it. Hey maybe try getting it fixed. Second complaint is the thread mills. They are outdated and time for new ones. They do not last forever. Will I ever stay here again NO>

Room Tip: If you are looking for good internet service do not stay here.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Germantown, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed here both on our trip out to Myrtle Beach during spring break, arriving at 2 AM March 24 due to horrible southbound traffic on I-75 and liked it so much we also stayed upon our return home March 30 to Central Illinois! The night management team is spectacular. Although the place was 100% sold out on our return, the night manager was able to locate extra pillows I requested for my wife for her back. Rooms were clean, beds very comfortable as always. And you always know you're going to get a good breakfast at a Hampton and this was no exception. It is a very convenient location right off the interstate so no driving through town to find it.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room far away from the elevators to I am not constantly hearing it and the people...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-East, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Hampton Inn Knoxville-East would like to thank you for your nice review of our hotel. We hope your wife's back is doing better and to see you on your next trip our way.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed here for one night. Rooms are fine and breakfast was ok as well. Like most hamptons, this is fine.

• Stayed April 2012
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-East, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
We are pleased our hotel the Hampton Inn Knoxville-East met all your needs. We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Thank you for your review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I love staying at Hampton Inns because you can count on their consistencies. The staff was great, the room was nice and clean, breakfast was bountiful, and this was overall, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed March 2012
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-East, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
We are happy to hear you had “Another great Hampton Inn experience!”. Thank you from the Hampton Inn Knoxville-East for such a nice review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

This hotel must be relatively new because everything looked like this hotel had just opened. We arrived around dinner time after a long drive. The front desk staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and the bathroom was HUGE. It was also clean. The continental breakfast was so great as well.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-East, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Here at the Hampton Inn Knoxville-East we pride ourselves in being service professionals! Thank you for the kind words regarding the quality of our service and our hotel.
Gainesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

We were very impressed by the room design of this Hampton. The space was laid out very efficiently. The bathroom showed some signs of wear, but it was fine. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
 We always enjoy hearing from our guests here at the Hampton Inn Knoxville-East! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed here on business for 1 night. It is right off the freeway. If you're looking for a place just outside of town, that is quiet, and near restaurants, this is a great hotel to consider.

Room was a standard king study. Huge bathroom space. Comfortable mattress (as usual). You can order movies - I chose not to, but only some hamptons offer this. Fridge and microwave were provided in my room. I kept leftovers from outback in the fridge. The outback is literally a 3 minutes walk from the hotel. There are other good options within a mile or less.

Breakfast was ok. Wifi was not great at first. I did, however, finally get connected and completed a lot of work.

One extra plus is the coffee was hot all night! I had to work until about 230 am. I went down a couple of times, well past midnight, and the coffee was steaming hot. That was awesome.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
 Your complimentary review of our hotel the Hampton Inn Knoxville-East is much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon. We will keep the coffee on for you.