“Most pleasant stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Jupiter, Florida
“Most pleasant stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed overnight while travelling at this Hampton Inn. The front desk staff was very pleasant and the room was near perfect. There was one issue which was resolved quickly. The hotel is surrounded by Camping World so you have to make a few turns to get there but it is well worth the journey. After travelling along I-40, it was a great spot to rest and relax.

Room Tip: Follow the Caming World trail to get there!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-East, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
 Thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff and saying The Hampton Inn Knoxville-East was "a great spot to rest and relax". We look forward to seeing you on your next trip this way.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Redwood City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Very clean and convenient. Right off I-40 just on the eastern edge of Knoxville, so if you're coming down I-40 from the east it's a breeze. I have a bias toward Hampton Inns and stay at one whenever it's en route. This one has a great breakfast buffet, an average fitness center, nice rooms and comfy beds. My one nit is the wireless internet system, which is way below minimum standards. For anyone traveling on business and counting on a robust wifi connection, this hotel will be a problem for you. If you're using an iPad, forget it. That's the one part of the hotel that needs serious attention. Otherwise, if that's not a "must have," you'll enjoy this hotel. And be sure to take the short drive into downtown Knoxville to Market Square for dinner.

Room Tip: This is a five-story hotel. The higher the floor, the worse you'll find the wifi service to be.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-East, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
 Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel the Hampton Inn Knoxville-East. We are sorry your one nit was the wireless internet system. We are working on it. Please come again.
SW VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Stayed one night en route to visit family. My room was well appointed and clean. Although I was on the top floor, I had lots of hot water with no wait time. The iron worked well, the temperature controls were responsive, the room was quiet, and the bed was comfortable. I disliked that the clock in the room was set to the wrong time by about 10 minutes, and I couldn't figure out how to change the setting. I was also disappointed that there were no rooms available under the AAA discount. I don't remember the last time a hotel told me that I could make a reservation but not under that discount--it might be years and years ago. Given that there are a large number of hotels within a very short distance, if I am informed next time that there are no more rooms for AAA member discounts, I'll probably call around to compare prices.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are sorry you could not get the AAA rate, but it will happen every once in a while. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again on your next trip this way.
wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

Overnite stop. Friendly staff, quiet, breakfast buffet.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-East, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thank you for saying we "Friendly staff, quiet, breakfast buffet" here at the Hampton Inn Knoxville-East. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

This i a very nice hotel. I travel every week of my life, and I stay in lots of hotels...this is a good one.
The rooms, and large, clean, appear new. The general manager is a guy named Ben, who is clearly an expert at customer service. He and his staff are real hospitality pros which can be rare in today's hotels.
There are lots of decent restaurants nearby and getting downtown is an easy drive. Give this Hampton a hard look if your a traveling through the Knoxville area..you will like it.

Room Tip: They are all good..no road noise on either side of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
 Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. Here at the Hampton Inn Knoxville-East we pride ourselves in being service professionals! Thank you for your review.
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed here this week. I will be checking out in the morning Wednesday, 05/02. First of all my room was very clean, that is a plus for 4 stars, now it go down hill. I am a business traveler and stay in a hotel every week for at least three nights. 95% of my stays are at a Hampton Inn. Here lately there internet service is terrible. Especially at this Hampton. They win first place for the most terrible internet service ever. Here is the funny thing about it. I complain on Monday night to the lady working the evening shift, the one sneezing all over the cookies has she is putting them out. As I am checking in some one is at the front desk all ready complaining, that is when I should have left. I also complain after I got check in. I was told she would reboot it, that is a laughing joke. It is very important to be able to work in your room on the internet, VERY IMPORTANT>
I asked this morning 05/01 if they are going to work on this. Still nothing resolved. Here it is tuesday night and I am working in the business office because I can not get internet service in my room. That sucks. I call down about 7 and was told by the same Lady that work Monday night, I will reboot it. Hey maybe try getting it fixed. Second complaint is the thread mills. They are outdated and time for new ones. They do not last forever. Will I ever stay here again NO>

Room Tip: If you are looking for good internet service do not stay here.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Germantown, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed here both on our trip out to Myrtle Beach during spring break, arriving at 2 AM March 24 due to horrible southbound traffic on I-75 and liked it so much we also stayed upon our return home March 30 to Central Illinois! The night management team is spectacular. Although the place was 100% sold out on our return, the night manager was able to locate extra pillows I requested for my wife for her back. Rooms were clean, beds very comfortable as always. And you always know you're going to get a good breakfast at a Hampton and this was no exception. It is a very convenient location right off the interstate so no driving through town to find it.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room far away from the elevators to I am not constantly hearing it and the people...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-East, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Hampton Inn Knoxville-East would like to thank you for your nice review of our hotel. We hope your wife's back is doing better and to see you on your next trip our way.