“Clean and comfortable...with a great breakfast buffet!”

Hampton Inn Knoxville-East
Ranked #18 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Champaign, Illinois
“Clean and comfortable...with a great breakfast buffet!”
Reviewed 29 June 2010

The beds were comfortable, the rooms were positively squeaky clean and the staff was friendly and accommodating. I stayed here on my way to my vacation destination and on my way back home.

• Stayed June 2010
innovativehotels, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-East, responded to this review, 8 July 2010
Thank you so much for your recent review of our Hampton Inn Knoxville - East. We love it when guests like you take the time to review our Hotel and let us know how your stay went in the Knoxville area. We review guest input with our associates here at the hotel and ensure that they know how much their efforts are appreciated by travelers that stay with us. Thank you again for your input, and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay! Please come back again and see us on your next trip to Knoxville.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I stayed at this hotel largely because of the good reviews on tripadvisor. When I arrived, for some reason, they had me in a smoking room. The room smelled badly of smoke, so I asked for another non-smoking room, and they said that they didn't have any other rooms available and there was nothing they could do. Now, the person at the desk did call 2 other hotels to see if they had availability, but they didn't do anything to try to fit me in either of the hotels in a room at the rate I had reserved it with. I ended up having to drive to another Hampton Inn, 10 miles away, for more money.

For me, the bottom line is it doesn't matter how great a hotel is if I'm going to wake up the next morning smelling like smoke. And this hotel apparently doesn't guarantee that your room will be a non-smoking room. So why take the risk?

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-East, responded to this review, 16 September 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Knoxville East Hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your non-smoking request and certainly agree that it’s frustrating to stay in a smoking room when you don't smoke. Please know we make every attempt to ensure our guests receive the room type requested during the booking process however due to circumstances out of our control, we were not able to meet your request. We would like to opportunity to host you again in one of our non-smoking rooms the next time travel plans bring you to Knoxville.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 March 2010

We needed a hotel in that location to go see the NASCAR race in Bristol. Basically the closer you get to Bristol the MORE expensive a hotel is. This Hampton was beautiful and was far enough outside of Knoxville to make it quite, but just about 100 miles from the racetrack. There was another Hampton about 10 miles closer but it was $30 more. See what i mean?

Check-in what easy and quick. In my reservation I asked for a high floor and was put on the 5th. The highest. I'm picky. Sorry. :)

The rooms were big and comphy. The bathroom was clean and I love their signature towel display. They take two towels and make a business shirt and tie. Too fun. Since it was March Madness it was nice to have the LCD TV.

All the lights in the hotel seem to be eco-friendly. They are all VERY bright and pleasing.

Breakfast was very good. Bagle toppers with bacon, egg, and cheese were especially fun. Also had the regular fare. I do like the free internet as well.

Good show!

• Stayed March 2010
FenwicK Island, DE
Reviewed 6 November 2009

We like staying at Hampton Inns as we know what we are getting. Rooms are generally of a moderate size, but we know we well get a comfortable bed, a clean room, and a good nights sleep. This one met our expectations. We spent our first night on the road here during our cross country trip. Had a very good rate by using a coupon from one of the travel coupons we picked up at the Visitors Center.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Kannapolis, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 October 2009

This is a must stay hotel. If you are in this area please give this hotel a try. We arrived late night and we were welcomed with open arms, like we were family. The lady at the desk could not have been nicer. We got to our room, and it was spotless. The room was a little on the small size, but OK for us. We did have a slight plumbing problem the next day, but maintance got it resolved quickly. There is a little mold or mildew in the shower. The shower water dam is also broken in places, just be aware of this. You will also notice the water in the shower will spray outside the shower and wet the bathroom floor, there is no way to adjust it not to do this. The hotel needs a few minor upgrades, but still a good place to stay.The breakfast was very good, eggs, pastries and the usual fare. We will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Tennessee
Reviewed 2 July 2009

We arrived late on Friday night to a very pleasant lady at the check in desk. She was very helpful and encouraged us to take advantage of any amenities they offered including the cookies at the desk. Beds were good - not great, but good. Room was clean and functional. This was a good stopover on our way to our final destination.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed 12 January 2009

Hampton Inns are a very predictable choice, in terms of what you will get, if you choose to stay at one. They are consistently clean, well-managed and secure, and this one is no exception. They almost always provide one of the best options, in terms of quality-to-price, in that mid-to-lower price range of roadside hotels. That consistency and quality-for-price aspect is why I almost always try to stay at a Hampton when I'm on a road trip. You know what you're going to get. They also offer a "passable," if not great, free breakfast buffet, that will allow you to grab a piece of fruit, yogurt, cereal, biscuit/sausage, etc, before you hit the road in the early morning hours. That's not a huge thing for me, but it is a convenient time saver, and the price is right too. Among Hamptons, this is one of the better ones I've visited. That's why I rated this hotel "Excellent." No, it is not a luxury property, but it is not trying to be. Within its class, however, I rate it as one of the best. The indoor pool is an amenity that you don't find everywhere. It is well situated near I-40, for easy on and off, and there are other amenities and services nearby. For my money, this hotel is one of the best deals out there.

• Liked — cleanliness, location
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)