“Gross!!”

Ranked #70 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Gross!!”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I paid $118 for a nasty room. Pillows and blankets were stained and when I asked to get them changed , the front dest person "couldn't see them". The shower probably hadn't been cleaned or maintained in years and the vent was full of dust. I had to unplug the air conditioner because it kept blowing hot. Over all the whole place is pretty run down and not taking care of. I would not stay here again. To bad cause I really liked Sleep Inn, the ones that are nice and clean.

Room Tip: Read reviews, I just started that cause I travel more now than I ever have and I want to have the be...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This had to be the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. This hotel just stinks -- literally and figuratively! The room we were in reeked of a mildew type smell (for lack of a better description)...numerous holes in the blanket on the bed and poor lighting. The pool was filthy...clumps of hair, leaves and other debris floating in it...not to mention it was tiny! We stayed only 1 night (thank God), and beginning at 8:30 the next morning, we were walked in on twice (once by the cleaning staff and once by the maintenance staff) without so much as a knock on the door! Who doesn't knock before entering a room before check-out time -- especially that early in the morning. Items on the breakfast bar were not kept filled. We had to ask for milk several times. Just a disappointing experience from the get-go. If I hadn't booked online through another site (which penalized you for cancellation after 6pm -- we checked in later than this), I would have turned right around and left!

Room Tip: The only positive aspect of our stay was that it was quiet. We were on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Virginia
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Booked this hotel last minute. Was pleasantly surprised. $65 a night compared to most hotels in area over 100. And it was actually pretty nice. The main lobby is a bit dated and needs some work but my double room was in very good shape, pretty new looking. The walk in shower was a good change from standard tub-shower combos. It did have some water stain buildups in the door, which should be cleaned better. The room was quite small, but we were perfectly comfortable. Add a flat screen tv to this room and it would be perfect. Walls are quite thin, but it wasn't too bad. Staff was very nice. The wifi was out for the night. Didn't check out the pool. Breakfast in the morning was standard. Overall this was a good value for people on a budget who still want a pretty nice hotel. Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2011
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Wasn't as impressed with this facility as I was the first stay last year. While conveniently located yet away from it all enough to be quiet, the facility seems to be aging and not in a nice way. The rooms are quite small, the beds are average, some maintenance items are being delayed. Parking is cramped and in some cases, if pulling a large trailer, only on the street or on surrounding properties. Breakfast was sparse. Ok for $65 but if it goes any higher, I'd look somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Nothing to regret here . Very very comfortable room, quick check in with a very pleasant and attractive young lady. Decent breakfast. I'll be back here. Thanks

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
MI
Reviewed 24 July 2009

I am an extremely picky hotel guest. I realize the importance of these reviews while searching for hotels for our 5 day road trip. I was so discouraged by reviews that we decided to hit the road and deal with our hotel needs when necessary. Our final destination is AL, we are currently @ the Sleep Inn on Prosperity (TN) resting and awaiting check out. After checking rates @ the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn ($129, $139), we drove down a quiet, dark, business district road running into the Sleep Inn. ($64) Both my husband and mom spoke highly of the hotel staff. I waited in our vehicle. While waiting for the elevator, the hotel staff spoke to & played with my toddler. (always a huge ++++ in a mommy book) The breakfast area appeared to be clean and well kept. I noticed computers in the area and the hotel has wifi. (using it now :) )

The Room: The Room is clean and very accommodating. It has a fridge and microwave. We head out of road trips several times per year and I rarely see the fridge/microwave combo.The King room is small. Fridge is LOUD and I couldn't sleep with it on. Spouse/child didn't seem to mind. The hotel is right off the highway and I can hear the traffic. NOT loud, but i'm picky. I guess I would call it a little background noise. Again, doesn't seem to be a problem for my spouse/child. I would assume one could ask for a room facing the parking lot and that wouldn't be an issue. The room has a iron/board, safe, desk, air, tv with all the channels I love. History, CNN, HGTV. I would say that it has been a pleasant stay and when heading this way, we would stay again.

This hotel is ideal, but beware of the space if sharing a room with a larger family. Not sure about the double.

I hope this review will help someone save 1/2 on hotel rates in this area. I'm pleased enough to look for a Sleep Inn when arriving in AL. Hopefully it is as nice.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank BonnieMi
Minneapolis
Reviewed 2 June 2009

Great Hotel. Friendly staff members actually made conversation with us while we were eating breakfast. Nice location -- just off the freeway far enough to be quiet. The breakfast was very nice. The room was very nice and clean and fresh smelling. The only issue we had was the in-room refrigerator made a loud CLICK when the compressor kicked-in. We had some stuff in it or I would have unplugged it for the night. The CLICK didn't bother my wife, but I slept with ear-plugs in as it kept waking me up. We liked everything else about the hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple