“Not so impressed”

and 1 more site!
Sleep Inn
Ranked #69 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Wasn't as impressed with this facility as I was the first stay last year. While conveniently located yet away from it all enough to be quiet, the facility seems to be aging and not in a nice way. The rooms are quite small, the beds are average, some maintenance items are being delayed. Parking is cramped and in some cases, if pulling a large trailer, only on the street or on surrounding properties. Breakfast was sparse. Ok for $65 but if it goes any higher, I'd look somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn

Reviewed 14 August 2010

Nothing to regret here . Very very comfortable room, quick check in with a very pleasant and attractive young lady. Decent breakfast. I'll be back here. Thanks

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2009

I am an extremely picky hotel guest. I realize the importance of these reviews while searching for hotels for our 5 day road trip. I was so discouraged by reviews that we decided to hit the road and deal with our hotel needs when necessary. Our final destination is AL, we are currently @ the Sleep Inn on Prosperity (TN) resting and awaiting check out. After checking rates @ the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn ($129, $139), we drove down a quiet, dark, business district road running into the Sleep Inn. ($64) Both my husband and mom spoke highly of the hotel staff. I waited in our vehicle. While waiting for the elevator, the hotel staff spoke to & played with my toddler. (always a huge ++++ in a mommy book) The breakfast area appeared to be clean and well kept. I noticed computers in the area and the hotel has wifi. (using it now :) )

The Room: The Room is clean and very accommodating. It has a fridge and microwave. We head out of road trips several times per year and I rarely see the fridge/microwave combo.The King room is small. Fridge is LOUD and I couldn't sleep with it on. Spouse/child didn't seem to mind. The hotel is right off the highway and I can hear the traffic. NOT loud, but i'm picky. I guess I would call it a little background noise. Again, doesn't seem to be a problem for my spouse/child. I would assume one could ask for a room facing the parking lot and that wouldn't be an issue. The room has a iron/board, safe, desk, air, tv with all the channels I love. History, CNN, HGTV. I would say that it has been a pleasant stay and when heading this way, we would stay again.

This hotel is ideal, but beware of the space if sharing a room with a larger family. Not sure about the double.

I hope this review will help someone save 1/2 on hotel rates in this area. I'm pleased enough to look for a Sleep Inn when arriving in AL. Hopefully it is as nice.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank BonnieMi
Reviewed 2 June 2009

Great Hotel. Friendly staff members actually made conversation with us while we were eating breakfast. Nice location -- just off the freeway far enough to be quiet. The breakfast was very nice. The room was very nice and clean and fresh smelling. The only issue we had was the in-room refrigerator made a loud CLICK when the compressor kicked-in. We had some stuff in it or I would have unplugged it for the night. The CLICK didn't bother my wife, but I slept with ear-plugs in as it kept waking me up. We liked everything else about the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2007

Stayed here while traveling to Nashville. I had no complaints, however the rooms are very small. It is more ideal for a single business traveler than for a family. I had no issues in my room, but my parents who were sharing the adjoining room didn't have hardly enough room to get ready in the morning.

Overall, the room was clean, just very tiny.

Stayed: March 2007
Reviewed 11 July 2007

Hands down, this hotel remains the best value in the city of Knoxville. The price is right, it is a safe and quiet property, and the staff is an amazingly friendly group of people. For those reasons, I won't stay anywhere else on the Northern, Southern, or Eastern sides of Knoxville.

However, this hotel constantly embodies the same downfalls. First and foremost, it STINKS! Many of the rooms, particularly on the lower parking lot level, have an odd, moldy aroma to them. It has been there for months as far as I know, so I assume it isn't going away anytime soon. My daughter is mildly asthmatic, so I have to pay attention to these things. For some reason, the odor does not bother her; but it makes me livid. Often, we can switch rooms, sometimes going through 2 or 3 before we find a "better" one; but this is a very petite hotel and they can fill up rather quickly, so switching isn't always a possibility.

Last time we stayed here, a few weeks ago, there was a great deal of hair on my blankets and in the bathrooms. I average about 200 nights a year in a hotel room, so I know a little hair won't kill me; but sometimes, it really puts a damper on your comfort level.

On this particular stay I had an extra discomfort of a leaking toilet I discovered on a night time trip to the potty in which my pajama pant legs became soaked. But, in all fairness, this isn't a regualr problem of which I am aware.

And last of my major notes is that the breakfast here is a seriously abbreviated version of what you can generally find in a Choice Property Hotel (Comfort, Quality, Clarion, etc.) I'm not the biggest fan of the standard Comfort Inn breakfast you can usually find as I prefer eggs and bacon and the hot sausage gravy over biscuits (some have them, but not always); but this place skimps by on bruised bananas, bagels, and pastries. But, one positive note is that they usually leave the cereal cannister out all day and the kids love that.

The pool is small, but gets the job done. The location is somewhat out of the way and tends to lean towards lone businessmen, so the gals and I usually have the place to ourselves as far as swimming and a sit-down breakfast.

Again, I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the value of this hotel, and I hope you will too if you are in the Knoxville area. Just be wary of the smelly rooms and small breakfast, and you should be pleased in getting what you pay for.

Anywhere else will either be $30 or more a night or will be unbearably disappointing...

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 3 December 2006

I used this hotel as a base to explore the entire area around Knoxville. It is a few exits away from Downtown so traffic is not a big issue. It is right off the freeway, but I did not experience any road noise. The staff was friendly and helpful and when I realized I had forgotten a few toiletries, they provided them free of charge. Right off the lobby, there are two computer desks providing free high-speed internet, which came in handy for last minute planning. When I come back to Knoxville, which I hope is soon since I really enjoyed the city, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2005, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Bette P