“Shocked that I loved it”

Sleep Inn North Knoxville
Ranked #46 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nebraska
“Shocked that I loved it”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Never in a million years would I think I'd truly enjoy a stay at a budget hotel, but Sleep Inn Knoxville changed my tune. The gals working the front desk were delightful. DELIGHTFUL! Every time I spoke with them I left with a huge smile on my face.

The rooms here have been remodeled and are very clean. The upgraded flatscreen TV, posh business chair, and natural fiber duvet were all unexpected and very much appreciated. The "one bed" here means King, also nice. Shower was piping hot with great water pressure.

Pros:
- Delightful staff
- Appetizing breakfast spread, tasted fresh and was very clean. I actually sat down to eat here which I rarely do.
- Washable duvet and fluffy pillows lead to a great night's sleep.
- Fridge and window AC were very quiet.
- Good natural light in the room.

Cons:
- Still trying to think of one....

Overall:
This location is right next to the hotel that is currently ranked #1 in Knoxville. Save yourself $100 and stay at Sleep Inn instead - you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Niccole L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn North Knoxville, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Reading your remarks sure put a smile on OUR faces !!!
We are so happy to hear your stay with us was such a success. Its always wonderful to meet nice folks like you, especially when you take the time to let us know job well done. Thanks to you for you excellent review and we hope to see you again during your travels. Please travel safe and know you will be welcomed back as our friend to the Sleep Inn North in Knoxville.
Carol

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Lots of hotels and places to eat at this exit, can sometimes be hard to make a choice. The folks at the Sleep Inn were very friendly and made a great recommendation for dinner at Puleo's Grille. The hotel has seen quite a bit of recent work and is in nice condition. Our room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a nice treat, we will being making another stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Hope you got your note in the mail from us, but just in case, we wanted to thank you again for making Sleep Inn your home away from home during the surgery on your husband. We know you had a lot on your mind during this time and it was a pleasure to have you with us. So glad to hear he is doing well !!\
Thanks for keeping us posted and thank you again for choosing to stay with us.
Carol
Kingston, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 April 2013

There are about 8 hotels at this exit and after some research I chose the Sleep Inn from the many positive comments on Trip Advisor. My husband was having surgery at St. Mary's Hospital and I needed a place close. Niccole was so helpful and gave me a reasonable price. I planned to stay only one night but it was so convenient and comfortable that I stayed another night rather than drive over a hour home and back the next morning. My king room was very nice with a fridge, microwave, flat screen TV, coffee pot, ironing board and hair dryer. The breakfast area is clean and there was a large choice of food. There are also many nice restaurants within walking distance. I would recommend the Sleep Inn as the place to stay at I-75 exit 108. By the way, my husband came through his surgery just fine! :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Atlanta
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This hotel is a good choice, close to a number of fast food restaurants, and freeway I stayed for 3 nights without problems. Comes with microwave, coffeepot & small refrigerator. Breakfast is standard nothing special. I found the beds to be OK, a little hard. Clean, but they could do better. The property is old but has just been renovated. I feel they missed some very important ares IE elect outlets, at the desk there is only 1 outlet with 2 receptacles, however 1 of the 2 is used for the refrigerator and what ever-else(i don't know how this passed the fire Marshall the 3 prong for the frig is not grounded and you need to stretch the microwave cord over the desk to use it)(see pictures) This leaves you with 1 convenient plug-in at the desk area and 2 at the sink. The staff was nice very polite & helpful, & friendly, especially the night clerk (she should be the night mgr) Carol she is this hotels best asset! The breakfast area spacious. Breakfast is standard nice but nothing special. The outside pool was closed so I didn't get to use it. The area seems safe. Overall if this area is where you need/want to be, or if you want a 1 night jump off of the I75 for a good nights sleep, then this may be your place. Good rates $$.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Niccole L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn North Knoxville, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
I'd like to say thank you for one, staying with us! And two, for taking the time to reveiw us on Trip Advisor! I appreciate your feedback and I am working on fixing the cord issues. Thank you again for the positive feedback....and Carol IS awesome!
Toronto
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I chose this hotel because Knoxville is about the half-way point between Toronto and Florida along I-75. It served my needs perfectly and offered excellent value for a short stopover. The sign out front boasts "newly renovated rooms" and I have no reason to doubt this claim. My king room was clean, modern and very well equipped. I particularly liked the ergonomic office chair. This hotel is located amid a cluster of half a dozen chain hotels so has to be competitive in price. There are restaurants within easy walking distance and I enjoyed a place serving very good Mexican food sandwiched between an Applebees and an O'Charley's. I liked the value of this place so much I plan to book it again for my return trip.

Room Tip: Compare prices at the half-dozen chain hotels located at this I-75 exit.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Niccole L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn North Knoxville, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Thank you so much! For choosing to stay with us, and for the very nice review! I appreciate you taking the time to reveiw us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and our new renovations! We look forward to having you back on your return trip!
Niccole
toccoa ga
Reviewed 4 March 2013

This hotel has been totally renovated and the decor is quite tranquil. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are very clean. This was our fourth stay and were very pleased. Front staff Nicole is always pleasant to deal with. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Miss Patricia,
I always look forward to your visits! I'm very thankful you and your family continue to choose our hotel! It'll be sad when all the kids graduate...you'll just have to come back to visit us instead! Thank you again so much!
Niccole
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. I have never been disappointed with a sleep inn and this hotel was no exception. It has been recently renovated and had nice modern decor. The beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows. Our room offered a nice desk area with a new comfy desk chair. Also new flat screen tv.
Cons: Room was small (one of the smallest I've seen) and if you have more than a couple of people it could be cramped. There was no bathtub in our room; only a walkin shower (that could be a problem if you have small children used to taking baths). I don't know if every room is the same.
The room was suitable for our needs. We just needed a nice comfy place to lay our heads for one night and shower. At $50, the price could not be beat for the quality we recieved.
Also an honorable mention was the breakfast bar. It was more than just donuts and coffee. They had fresh fruit, hardboiled eggs, sausage links, yogurt and waffles as well as juice, coffee,cereal (hot and cold) and milk. Very good well rounded bar and the hostess was very sweet.
Service at the desk was friendly and helpful.
Thank you for an enjoyable stay and giving me lots of value for my money!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Niccole L, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn North Knoxville, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you so so much for staying with us, and for taking the time to review on Trip Advisor! As you noticed we have just completed renovations on the property and I am glad you enjoyed them! Your con about the room, its size, is about the most common problem we run into. The rooms are a tad on the small side! I think that is why they decided to go with shower stalls instead of tubs in the rooms--to save some space! We do have two rooms available in the hotel with tubs just incase someone would prefer it to a shower. Most Sleep Inns should be about the same, and if you mention the shower, usually a tub will be avalable :) Another thing you mentioned is new to Sleep Inn...the breakfast bar!!! We are super proud of our breakfast, especially while keeping our prices so low. We do not sacrifice quality!
Again, I appreciate your business and review and I would love to extend an invitation to return and stay with us again! Thanks!!!