“Knoxville”

Travelodge Knoxville West
Ranked #71 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I was in knoxville for my son's DI competition. This room was booked 2months ahead of time for a one week stay. Convenient and close to the university but boy was i wrong. Filthy dirty conditions burn holes on the blankets. We never took the blankets off the bed slept on top with our own and the next morning found "BED BUGS" on our pillows disgusting!! Stayed in room 114. Captured the bugs in a bottle and took them to the front desk to a very rude manager who told me she would move me. I asked who's paying to get my family's clothes, linens clean and she told me to shake them out! I was moved to room 115 i didn't see any bedbugs but this room had roaches crawling everywhere. I've never stayed somewhere so dirty. I will be contacting the owner ASAP!! I should be paid to stay there! Also if i bring any bug to my home best believe you will get the bill!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Carrie321_13
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 May 2013

When I arrived it took me about 20-30 mins to get the clerk to the door so I could check in. He was trying to fix something somewhere since they were obviously short staffed. Once he arrived I was checked in quickly. I couldn't park in front of my room but that's to be expected when you arrive as late as I did. The room was large and clean. We stayed in a two queen bed room with handicap access. The deadbolt on the door didn't work. The bath room has plenty of safety rails. The breakfast didn't have very many options. It also wasn't very well stocked and was out of a lot of things. The beds were very comfortable. It is right off the interstate so it isn't always quiet. Overall, it was an okay stay but not really impressive.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
KnoxDowntownWest, General Manager at Travelodge Knoxville West, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you for your review. Every review helps us to make our hotel a better place to stay! I apologize for the amount of time that you had to wait to check in. Under normal circumstances our staff will have you checked in and to your room in a very timely manner. We do have new staff being trained at this time. I will speak with our morning staff about making sure the breakfast is stocked sufficiently throughout the entire time breakfast is served. I will have maintenance check the deadbolt to this room as we wish every guest to feel safe and secure during their stay. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. Have a Super day!