“The hotel room was a dump no lighting at all, the room was...”

Travelodge Knoxville West
Ranked #71 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Jonesville
“The hotel room was a dump no lighting at all, the room was...”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The hotel room was a dump no lighting at all, the room was a non smoke room and it smell like smoke. The bath tub bottom giving when u move around in the shower. Sink drip water all night long. Had stayed st the hotel before and room was nice. but this trip I got the bottom of the barrel. And the bed was just worn out it need to replace.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Memphis
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I had a good stay at this location. But the lobby smell bad like it had sewage leak. The bath tub had a black stain in it. The pool was closed to early. I like this location because I can get around easy there in Knoxville.

Thank you!
Billy Figures

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The good: friendly staff at front desk. Sheets and shower were clean.
The bad: dirty blankets, full of burn holes. The carpet was the same- even saw fingernail clippings. Suspicious yellow stains on wall.
Strong musty smell.
If it hadn't been so late and I hadn't been so tired I would have left.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
La Vergne, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Me and my family stopped here for one night..we had just got back from a 5 day vacation in myrtle beach..anyways we where tired so we checked in and got to our room and turned down the cover to find black hairs all in our beds...my husband talked to the lady at the desk who he said was very nice..BUT the girl they sent down here to check our beds was very rude and obnoxious..she told us that it was just the maids hair,and said she couldn't chang our rooms and I told her I didn't want to I just wanted clean sheets,then she really got an attitude!!everyone I met was very rude,the rooms are dirty,the covers stink and I even had to clean our bathtub before we used it...wish we could have just left.......WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!!!...I will be reporting this elsewhere too..go down the road to holiday inn..wish we would have!!

Room Tip: very noisy at night here...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
KnoxDowntownWest, General Manager at Travelodge Knoxville West, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Thank you for leaving a review about our hotel. Your review helps us to know which areas that we need to work on. We have had a meeting with our housekeepers and reviewed the cleaning procedures and emphasized the importance of making sure that there are not hairs left in the bed from laundry, (or in the bathroom from previous guests). At our next staff meeting I will be training our front desk staff on the proper way to handle any housekeeping issues that our guests bring to their attention. I do apologize for any rudeness that you encountered during your stay. We do have renovations planned that should be mostly completed by January 2014. These renovations include new, more contemporary bedding, draperies and carpet. I do hope that you will come again and give our hotel another chance. Again, thank you for your feedback.
Marinette
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The staff was very friendly. The property is old and in need of some repairs, it was clean. The breakfast was not as good as other Super 8s (toaster waffles rather than a waffle maker)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review! We appreciate all of our guests comments and are working hard to make this a better place to stay. We hope to see you again in the future!