“Meets basic expectations” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn North Knoxville

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Days Inn North Knoxville
Ranked #72 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Grayslake, Illinois
“Meets basic expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

The lobby was shady, but the room was suprisingly nice and updated. The bed was comfortable and the AC worked well. Wireless worked good. Pool was nice and large and a good temp.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

We stayed here 3 days for a weightlifting competition. Arrived on Thusday and were given a room without a fridge, we called down to the office and they switched us to a fridge/micro room with no problem at all. I checked thoroughly for bedbugs(as I do in all places we stay) before we unpacked anything and didn't find any signs of them. The room was spacious and had a desk with desk chair, a small couch and a king bed. The bathroom was also roomy but there was a bit of mold around the caulking of the tub. All the people we talked to at the hotel were friendly and helpful. The location is good, close to the interstate and you have several chain restaraunts very close by. They also have a decent free breakfast with cereal, waffles, biscuits and gravy and muffins. The hotel pool is salt water but we didn't have a chance to try it out. Based on the fact that we were there for the competition we were given a good rate of $50 a night. Wi-fi was very easy to use and worked quickly most of the time. It was a little slow on Saturday but that was during the competition and I think it was because there were so many people there using it. The only real problem we had was that the room we had was an adjoining room and the people next to us were smoking in a non-smoking room and it was coming through the cracks around the adjoining door. We told the front desk upon checking and they seemed very concerned. This was a pleasant stay and we would stay here again if we needed to stay in this area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrittneyM
nashville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

Overall I was very, very pleased with my stay. I am funny about hotel rooms and this one was clean and cozy. The hotel is older so the furnishings were not ultra-modern, but I don't care about that kind of thing. I was a single female traveling alone and I felt safe. I did not swim in the indoor poll, but I did check it out and the facilities were well-kept and clean. Although I did not visit the restaurant downstairs, the delicious aroma of what smelled like home-cooking permeated the hallways. That, coupled with the fact that the front desk was staffed by two sweet older ladies, made me feel at home... like I was staying at my grandma's house. Hotel is located right off the interstate, near several restaurants, a Starbucks and less than 5 miles from Market Square. I travel to Knoxville often and will stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank paperinfire
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2011

Recently my wife and I scoured the Internet to find an inexpensive hotel within a close proximity to Downtown Knoxville. After several failed attempts, I stumbled upon Days Inn North. The reviews were mixed, but we chose to book the hotel on the Days Inn site, which turned out to be much cheaper than the travel site quotes. We were competing in a movie competition, and we needed flexibility and space. When we arrived at the hotel, the staff was able to modify our reservation (at no additional cost) to include two full size beds and a foldout couch (for sleeping, watching TV, writing a movie, etc.). The customer service was excellent, and the space was great! We wrote our script in the space. Checkout time was 11am. We checked out, and the manager allowed us to edit our short film in the breakfast room. I can't thank the hotel enough. The staff definitely went above and beyond the call of duty! Many blessings to Days Inn!

Room Tip: Check travel sites, scan the Days Inn site, Ask!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank MovieMan2011
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

I stayed several days here. The staff was friendly and helpful. The lobby had a bad smell that would not go away. The rooms were average but the blankets were covered in stains and the walls seemed paper thin. Until a new owner takes over, I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Streetraces
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

My husband and I booked this hotel prior to ariving in Tennessee, we were driving to Florida for vacation and didn't want to drive straight through. We have stayed at Days Inn before back in Michigan, but this is nothing like our other visits. First off it is incredibly hard to get in and out of the drive be jade of all the traffic, the man at the front desk was very friendly but that's where the positive experience ended. We took the elevator up to the second floor then had to walk all the way down the hall to the very last room next to the fire escape and looked more like a closet door then a room. Once inside we found that only one lamp worked and he remote didn't work either. Our overall experience here makes me wonder how we couldn't pay 35 on names your own price on priceline because this room was hardly worth that much!

• Stayed April 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank alean1945
Kima720
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

Stayed here the weekend of Oct 16,2010. Hotel seemed ok at first. Best thing was prob the breakfast make your own waffles. Room was ok as long as we continued to return at night and didnt turn on more lights than we needed. Last day we took pics and noticed that graffiti was showing up in pics, pillows were disgusting chairs were a mess. Staff was mediocre at best can you believe they charged me 20. a night for my dog??? In the room I was in this was absurd my dog couldnt damage this room it was not in good condition to begin with. overall Can't say I would reccomend it. It was easy to access the freeway though.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
daysinn07795, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn North Knoxville, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as yourself with anything less than a perfect experience. I apologize for the inconveniences. Let me reassure you that the comments you have made are taking very seriously and we have made all the corrections needed to satisfy our future guests. I have discussed your concerns with our staff members in hopes of avoiding such an occurence in the future. Thank you for taking the time to let us know where improvments is needed so we may have hopes of you returning to our hotel for a better experience.