Red Roof Inn Knoxville North - Merchants Drive
Ranked #54 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“Very clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed before very clean.. The city was sold out so i paid more than i wanted

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Karen M
i0692, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Knoxville North - Merchants Drive, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
My name is Tim Lamb and I am the Guest Service Manager of the Red Roof Inn Knoxville North. I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Knoxville,Tn. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerly,
Tim Lamb
Red Roof Inn Knoxville North

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We ended up here after seeing a coupon in a travel coupon book we picked up at a tourist information center. It ended up saving us around $15, so I definitely recommend people try to pick one of these up. The price we ended up paying made it very good value. A downstairs room would have cost more.

The motel is a few miles out of town, but is close to a number of places to eat and buy supplies. If a morning walk or run is your thing, I recommend you go to the nearby Sterchi Hills Greenway.

The room was comfortable, with nice beds and cable tv. Unfortunately there was no fridge, which would have been disappointing if we'd been staying for more than a night.

Breakfast in the morning was very nice, with a waffle maker, juice, coffee and the like on offer. It was a much better breakfast than those offered at most other places we stayed at. When the allotted breakfast time was over though, the attendant did not waste any time at all in packing everything up, even though people were still in the dining area.

Overall I'd recommend a stay here if you can get hold of a voucher. Otherwise there may be better value places elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank RobWinmar
i0692, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Knoxville North - Merchants Drive, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Knoxville North Red Roof.

Tim Lamb
Guest Service Manager
Red Roof Inn - Knoxville North
New Smyrna Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

After reading previous reviews we decided to try this hotel. We were very pleased with our stay! We were pleasantly greeted on arrival--our room was clean, non-smoking...we noted no dial tone on the phone (we had cell phones with us) and the sink drained slowly--BOTH ISSUES WERE CORRECTED by the time we returned on day 1. Breakfast bar was clean/tidy and items were FRESH!....coffee hot, juice cold, milk for cereal, bagels FRESH and toaster/waffle maker worked fine! Front desk personnel were exceptionally nice during our entire stay (Thur-Monday) Hotel was very convenient for our destination (Knoxville Expo Center.) We were in there for a TICA cat show and cleanliness of the room when traveling/exhibiting a groomed show cat is extremely important--we were very satisfied and if/when in Knoxville again, will definitely return to this hotel!

Room Tip: ...always ask to view/inspect a room before accepting it--and be a bit accommodating yourself. You...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank thegoodkats
i0692, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Knoxville North - Merchants Drive, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for posting a review of our Hotel on tripadvisor, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff took care of the problems you incurred so quickly. We look forward to seeing you again when you visit knoxville in the future.

Tim Lamb, GSM
Red Roof Inn Knoxville North
St. Marys, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

My wife and I stayed here in September on the way home from Hilton Head. No problems with this hotel. Quiet area far enough away from the highway. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast room busy in the morning and could have had a few more items. No fruit and not much available really for the "deluxe" continental as the desk clerk called it. Room was clean however and comfortable bed. For the price and location we would return.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David W
i0692, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Knoxville North - Merchants Drive, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Thank you for staying at the Red Roof Inn Knoxville North, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff took care of all your lodging needs. We look forward to seeing you again when you visit knoxville in the future.
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Reserved a week in advance ,by calling 800 Redroof, for the UT game. We had planned on checking in and going out to eat, but that was plan got ruined. I reserved two non-smoking rooms and was given two smoking rooms. It does not sound like a big deal, but the only way I can describe the smell is like smokey baby poo. To top of the smell the carpet was torn and dirty, the bathroom was stained and dirty, and the pilliow cases where stained. I talked to the guy at the desk, he told me that there was nothing he could do. According to him I had booked smoking rooms through a travel agency. I called the 800 number, they told me that I had reserved two non-smoking rooms and had no idea why I was being told that. I finally got them to call the front desk, but the only soultion was offering me a room at another Redroof for 169.00 a night or a refund but, all the other hotels in the area were booked due to the game. After about an hour, and talking to the 4 different people, two non-smoking rooms magically appeared. These rooms smelled better, but were just as nasty as the others. The mattress appeared to be the originals from when the place was bulit back in 1905. They had huge stains on them and sagged in the middle. The sheets and walls had matching stains. The back of the remote was missing and had only one battery in it. Even the ironing board was nasty! On the outside; the exit sign hung by tape and two wires. It is a shame that this place represents a normally good chain of hotels. It is in a very good location, close to UT and several good places to eat. This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at in my life.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RDL25
Huber Heights, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

no toiletries only two bars of soap, and one packet of shampooe/conditioner no coffe pot, no micro or fridge beds were over 20 years old as well as the pillows and sheets. breakfast was dry cereal and old bagels we were told flat screen tv's instead a box tv

Room Tip: check your room before you check in
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
i0692, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Knoxville North - Merchants Drive, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Knoxville North Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

Reserved on-line a week prior to my arrival, and was pleased to find absolutely no issues. The room was exactly as requested, and was spotless, properly prepared and quiet. The shower was hot, the bed comfortable, the amenities as advertised and the personnel friendly and professional. I've stayed here before, and I'll gladly do so again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo