“Price is right and service super”

Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East
Ranked #65 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My family and I stayed here for two nights and really enjoyed ourselfs. For a family the value was great as not only did we get a nice breakfast but a free supper was included, the kids loved the chilli dogs! The room was clean and well maintained and the service excellent. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2012
dwha2re2l, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

We enjoyed having you as our guest and thank you for your very nice comments. We're happy that the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites East Knoxville meets all of your travel needs and that our friendly staff makes you feel so at home here. Come back soon!

Reviewed 13 January 2012

I used to stay here all the time when in Knoxville. This motel has gone down hill and during my last stay, ended up with bed bugs. Never again will I stay there.

• Stayed: January 2012
sleepinntn460, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

We take such pride in our hotel and customer service so it truly pains us to read a review like yours. We are very concerned and, since no room number was given we carefully inspected all rooms – happily we found that there are no bed bugs in the hotel and we wonder if possibly the traveler stayed in a different Econo Lodge. To show our sincerity and concern, we would like to invite the traveler to phone us at 888-253-8516 and give us the opportunity to research the issue further. Again, thank you for your feedback. As mentioned, we do take pride in our hotel and staff, but will use your comments to help us improve on our service.

Reviewed 1 December 2011

Outstanding hotel in every way. We enjoyed our 2 days there. Huge rooms, comfy beds, nice staff

• Stayed: November 2011
tn131, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is great to know you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for your comments. It is our hope that you will visit us again soon while traveling through the Knoxville area.

Reviewed 15 November 2011

We have stayed here several times. However, the latest being November 10, 2011, we were "VERY" unsatsified. After turning down the sheets on the bed we found a large brown stain. Upon contacting the front desk, were informed that no one was there to change the sheets and no one was there to bring us clean ones. I offered to go to office and get clean ones but was informed they did not have any. I work at a hotel, front desk clerk, and I feel that this is very unacceptable and the customer needs were not meet. We called the next morning to speak to the manager and was told that there was nothing that could be done. So, I guess you have lost our business and my husband did bring alot of business into your motel since he operates a wrecker and would bring drivers in there but NO MORE. We will refer to one of the other hotels at exit 398.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ACDCPigeonForge

I apologize for the misunderstanding that took place with our front desk during your recent stay at our hotel. I wish I had more information to research the problem you experienced, as I do keep a night housekeeper on duty until 10 PM every night. I also maintain a stock of linen items at the front desk in case there is a problem like you experienced after the night housekeeper has departed. I have discussed your comments with the all the staff members and addressed the deficiencies that you noted in your letter. We pride ourselves in providing nothing but the best in customer service.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

The price was ok for a busy weekend booking and the room was dated/shabby but seemed very clean, so I was satisfied. That was until I found a flea on my dog right after we left. I know it's a risk when traveling with pets and staying where pets are allowed, but I was really disappointed especially after spending $130 after taxes. My dog is current on her K9Advantix so the flea died... but I stayed in the La Quinta down the street on the way back and it was ten times better and had no fleas!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ACD01
tn131, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

I have discussed your comments with our contracted extermination company and corrective action is being taken to address the deficiencies that you noted in your letter. They are responsible for a monthly treatment of the property and respond to any individual instances that are reported by our guests. We appreciate your bringing these matters to our attention so that we can improve the services we offer our guests.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

I have stayed at this Econo Lodge several times and the service and rooms are always great. The room is more than worth the price, the staff is friendly, and I always feel safe while staying alone.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
jennifer_econolodge, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for your great review & we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2011

Very friendly welcome. Rather large rooms, nicely furnitured and pleasant colors. One of the cleanest rooms we have ever had. Comfortable beds. Disturbing that a previous guest must have smoked in the room but nothing to blame the staff for.
Outstanding nice pool area with lots of chairs and sun lounges.
Arrived too late for the free supper but it is offered.
Breakfast very good. Waffles, buiscuits, gravy, eggs, cereals and so on...
Good value. Definately to recommand.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
tn131, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at our East Knoxville Econo Lodge Inn & Suites. It was most definitely our pleasure to have you and your family as our guest and hopefully, if you are traveling through this area again, you will stop by and see us. We know travelers, such as yourself, have an abundance of lodging choices as you travel, so your kind words mean a lot to us.