“Relaxing and Comfortable Stay”

Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East
Ranked #66 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Relaxing and Comfortable Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2009

My hubby is from Knoxville and I am from Northern Kentucky. However, this was our 2nd stay this year at the Econo Lodge (same location). We normally stayed in various hotels throughout the area. They were so-so, but now we found the Econo-Lodge in Strawberry Plains and we are hooked.

We had great rates, clean (I mean very clean) rooms, plus our bathroom was soooo clean. The towels and wash cloths are soft. The breakfast bar is good and the tables and counters are clean. The staff during check in and check out was very friendly and willing to make suggestions when asked.

During our summer stay in August, the pool was very clean and NOT over chlorinated. I will always return to this central location for our stays in the future. It's great to find a hotel so relaxing and comfortable.

Oh, the beds were great and clean as well. The sheets were so soft................!!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

We werent expecting much since we have been traveling from California to NC due to relocation and we have stay in some interesting hotels over the trip. But this had been the best hotel room yet!!! We were very pleased, non-smoking allowed our small dogs! We had two young children with us too. They also give a 20% military discount!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2009

We stopped for one night having never stayed at an Econo Lodge before. The room was an incredible deal and spotlessly clean. We didn't need the fridge and microwave, but one was provided anyway. The free breakfast selection offered plenty of items with a really nice hostess helping make the waffles. We will definitely be staying here again. The staff was wonderful, too.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2008

This hotel was the cleanest i've ever stayed in! The staff was so friendly and very helpful. It is an american owned hotel! After searching the entire exit we came upon this hotel. The other hotels were not american owned which that is something I look for when traveling. They take pets-- you would have never known it. This property is in great shape and they even serve you breakfast and dinner. Great price, Great food, Great staff, Very clean I couldnt have asked for more!

• Liked — That they serve a breakfast and dinner
  • Disliked — Nothing Everything was wonderful
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Huntsville, AL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2008

On October 3, 2008 I stopped at the Econo Lodge because it was conveniently on the highway. I asked for a non-smoking room. We got room 110 which was on the first floor. It was late, I was tired. The room smelled like cigarettes. I slept on the bed nearest the door. That bed had bedbugs - which ate my entire right side! The other bed did not have bugs since my daughter did not get bit. The problem with bedbugs is that you don't know you are getting bit until after the fact. I did not notice even though I had taken a shower until about an hour into our continuing journey the following morning, I began itching - my right side and stomach were red and I was uncomfortable for 3 days - had to use benadryl cream twice daily to clear up the bites.... Needless to say, on the return trip home, I drove straight through 12 hours because I was afraid of staying in any hotel in Tennesee for fear of encountering bed bugs.!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — having to deal with bites on my torso for 3 days
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
tn131, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn And Suites East, responded to this review, 10 November 2008
A professional inspection of the room in question on 10/4/08 revealed no bugs of any sort in the room. The guest was looking for a “Free” Night , as noted in her request to Choice Hotels International. In that complaint she stated the room "reeked of smoke" but decided to stay in the room anyway “I was so tired I thought I could handle it”. In the morning during check-out she asked for a “Free Night”. The room in question has been rented to 23 different guests since her departure on 10/4/08, without any complaints of bites or smoke smell. Our hotel is one of the top rated Econo Lodges in the country and we pride ourselves on providing "clean" and "afordable" rooms.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2008

Because Econo Lodge is inexpensive, I wasn't expecting much. To my surprise, they just recently renovated and the rooms were great. The surrounding neighborhood was nice too. I would stay there again.

• Liked — Nice room and location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2008

I booked this hotel this past January 2008 to scope out new locations for my family and I to live. We wanted to see if Knoxville, TN was for us. This hotel is economical to stay for overnights. My wife and I had the King bed which was OK but the bathroom and toilet area is small. Staff is friendly and the breakfast is simple but good. The city is nice to see. There's plenty of things to see and do(we went to the downtown area and west part of town). Like I said before, I recommend this hotel if you need to stay overnights.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple