“Really Surprised”

Ranked #34 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Southeast Kentucky
“Really Surprised”
Reviewed 6 June 2010

My wife and I got this room through Travelosity's Top Secret Hotels. We were really glad we did. The hotel is in a nice area and we felt safe in the parking lot after dark. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Upon entering our room, we found it to be very clean and comfortable. There was a bowed shower curtain in the bathroom and nice fluffy wash clothes and towels. The A/C worked very well. These rooms are for extended stays. They have a small kitchen with full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, sink, dishes and silverware. The room had a nice TV with dvd and vhs player. You can check out free movies in the lobby. They even had a small selection of CD's to check out. This place has a large laundry room, a nice exercise room, and a small store called 'The Cupboard'. You can buy a good selection of food and other necessities. You pay by dropping your money in a slot. I don't know about wireless internet, I didn't try to use it, but there was an ethernet cable in the room that I used. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Kansas City
Reviewed 19 August 2008

My first room smelled like mold. The room was very humid and the carpet was damp to the touch. I did move to a different room which was better but still smelled. A business associate had a problem with bed bugs in her room.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — smelled like mold
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank guestKansasCity
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 July 2005

I moved here last July, found housing on the rental side to be sparse, with a large Black Lab. Basically most said "No you can't rent here."

My company had me set up for two weeks in the Candlewood, and I've been there ever since. The location is easy on/off all major expressways. The staff is the main reason I'm still there in my 7th month. I'm paying for it now, but well worth it.

Bart and his group take care of a customer like we're family. Wednesday cook outs and friendly folks whether they are changing linen & emptying trash, or meeting you at the front desk with mail & drycleaning. Pets are welcome here, and they do a good job of keeping it upscale & quiet.

You can always sneak in a load of laundry when needed (no fee), or visit the Candlewood Cupboard downstairs for a fresh fruit snack, some ice cream or a Stauffers dinner when it's a work evening. High speed internet & the health club are the deal clinchers for me. I'll probaly still be here next year at this time. Well worth the stop / or stay.

Stayed December 2004