We visit Knoxville regularly and stay at the Strawberry Plains exit almost always. We usually stay at the wonderful Hampton Inn but a last minute trip found the Hampton sold out. We defaulted to the HIE but won't make that mistake again. First, our reservation rate was $3 less than the rate we saw at check in. Not a big deal, but a glimpse of things to come as our $110 rate was not honored. Next, at midnight while preparing to get to bed we discover the king sheet on our bed is so worn, you can see your hand through this thin, thread bare sheet. A call to the front desk clerk advises us that we have to come get the sheet as there is no one available. I redress and go to the desk. Returning to our room, I discover I've been given a queen sheet for a king bed. I return to the desk, get another sheet--another queen! I finally succeed in getting the right size and go back and remake my own bed. Morning after, we discover huge patch of mold growing on the shower curtain. Day #2, no water pressure on 3rd floor and no bath mat left when the room is cleaned.
Why do I suggest training is the core problem here? Not once for any of these issues did anyone apologize. That folks is a training issue. Otherwise friendly employees without the appropriate training are simply not going to manage a service recovery opportunity correctly.
WE WON'T RETURN!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express-Knoxville East, Strawberry Plains.The perfect blend of friendly meets functional and corporate meets comfort at this Knoxville hotel.Whether you need to be near the University of TN for every Volunteer Football game; in the Great Smoky Mountains for hiking, biking and a trip to Dollywood; or near the Forks of the River Industrial Park for a busy work week; the Holiday Inn Express-Knoxville East will keep you close and convenient without being in the crowded city. Our location off I-40, Exit 398, will also give you easy access to all the attractions in Gatlinburg, the car shows in Pigeon Forge, and give you a direct route to all the Nascar races in Bristol that you can handle.We know you will 'Stay Smart' while using our 24 hour fitness center and the heated, indoor pool. You may also choose to relax with a cinnamon roll, omlet, & bacon in our comfy hospitality room for our 'Stay Smart Express Breakfast', or catch up on some work in our 24 hour business center with our FREE wired & wireless HSIA. The Holiday Inn Express-Knoxville East also offers fine dining nearby at the Outback Steakhouse, Puleo's Grille & Ruby Tuesday's. Remember, your pet is also welcome at our Knoxville hotel.This Knoxville hotel has the best to offer for location, comfort, and convenience for your business, family, & fun all year long. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains Hotel Knoxville
- Knoxville Holiday Inn Express