Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains
Comfort Suites North(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$163
US$119
US$111
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
US$99
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleangreat hotelsafe areabooked this hotelfirst floorlong drivebusiness centerstay there againchecking infree breakfastbiscuitspetinterstatelobbyexitpillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 December 2013

My Wife and I have stayed here several times on our trips from Northern Virginia to Alabama and Georgia. It's one of the few "better" pet-friendly hotels between Birmingham, Al and Roanoke,Va. The hotel is right off the interstate with several restaurants near by. The room/bathroom are always clean. The bathrooms have all the toiletries needed and towels are thick and of good quality. The breakfast is great...especially the sausage gravy with biscuits and scrambled eggs. The staff are always friendly and helpful. If you have pets and are in the area i would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

We are happy to hear from our return guests here at the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains. We are also happy to know your think we are one of the few "better" pet-friendly hotels between Birmingham, Al and Roanoke, Va. Thank you for all your kind words and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

My husband and I stay at this hotel on our way to North Carolina 3-4 times a year. The last time I wrote a review, I reported the over-use of Febreeze-in my opinion. I stated that I wouldn't stop staying there because of that and I'm glad we didnt. We travel with our cocker spaniel buddy and they are so welcoming to our boy. The rooms are clean and have everything you need. This is my go-to place in Knoxville-they are accomodating and priced right. Thanks, Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

We are happy to read you enjoy your stays here at the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, you and your cocker spaniel Buddy. Thank you for your business and for being a return guest. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

My job requires travel for myself, my Boss the Assistant Commissioner for the TN Dept of Veterans Affairs, and the Commissioner for the Dept. of Veterans Affairs PLUS the Supervisors of all of East TN offices. I'm not familiar with the Knoxville, Tn. area. I was searching the web, calling different hotels-I'm so thankful I called this Holiday Inn facility. I was sent correspondence that covered all questions & concerns for my stay and the stay of the Executives. The location is perfect, on the East side of Knoxville and extremely easy to find (exit#398 off I-40 turn North go straight for 2-3 blocks); complimentary breakfast is fresh, hot & complete (not just muffins) rooms are kept immaculate and the personnel are always pleasant and willing to assist for any request. This is now the only hotel in Knoxville, Tn I make reservations for our Division of Veterans Affairs.

Room Tip: I have personally stayed in this hotel several times, I don't request a specific room because all of the rooms have been quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for being a return guest to our hotel the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains. We are happy you all had a pleasant stay here and would like to thank you for your business. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Our family had a room to share the first night of our stay, then added an additional room for the remaining 4 nights for our adult daughter. We were told that we would have to all move out of the first room to get 2 completely new rooms for the second night, but after taking a bit of time to look, the patient desk clerk found us a room so we would not need to move out for the second night. The staff of the hotel were all friendly, rooms were clean & beds comfortable, nice TVs & Internet worked well. There were plenty of restaurant choices near the hotel & the hotel is close to the interstate. The breakfast is the typical HIE food.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

We are glad you and your family had a good experience here at the Holiday Inn Express Knoxville Strawberry Plains for the 5 days you were with us. Thank you for your nice review and for your business. We hope you will be able to join us again soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Context: Traveling with our big foxhound on our first long road trip with the dog. We got to this hotel after 10 hours on the road (very trying).

The Good: Very friendly front desk staff. Clean lobby. Easy access location. A little dog run in the back. No fee for having the dog. The price is right.

The "Plain": I'm sure having a dog limits which rooms they would put us in. We got first floor corner "accessible" room, which was big, non-descript and equipped with the odd shower ("accessible", I get it!). It was, however, easy in/easy out. Decor is bland but what I expect from a hotel in the H.I. Express hotel class.

The bad: Somebody used a toaster or something in the common dining area later in the evening & set off the fire alarm. We were evacuated for about 20 minutes. No Starbucks on that side of Knoxville! ;(

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

We are very happy we were able to provide you and your foxhound with a good room and run. Thank you for your review of our hotel and we hope the rest of your trip with your new dog went well. We hope you will be able to stay with us again in the near future.