“Fine for the price”
Review of MainStay Suites

MainStay Suites
Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 16 June 2013

This is not a luxury hotel, but for the price, it is very reasonable. You are a quick 10 minutes from DT Knoxville. We used this as our base for US Rowing Youth Nationals at Melton Lake Park in Oak Ridge. The staff was great and very accommodating, and very friendly. The rooms were a bit "worn," but were clean and comfortable. I would have no trouble staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed here on the way home back to Texas from NYC. I found it to be a nice, clean hotel. Especially for the price. It was $80-90 less than other hotels I had priced in the area. The room was large and spacious and clean. Had a full kitchen. We only used the fridge and coffee maker. It was nice to have a large room to spread out in after being in a car for 12 hours.
They do allow pets. In the hallway, you could hear dogs barking, but not in the room. The room was very quiet.
The breakfast was nothing spectacular, but adequete. It had your basic bagels, toast, muffins, cereal, frozen waffles and some eggs and sausage. It satisfied my needs, but my husband found it less than adequate.
Overall, it was a good value and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Googa66
MainstaySuitesTN565, Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you for the valued and appreciated review you have posted. We will be making some exciting changes to our breakfast in the coming weeks. With that said, we hope that you will choose to stay with us during your next trip through Knoxville and try it out.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I've never written reviews on a hotel before, because I've never felt strongly enough about a place to take the time to do so. This particular hotel, however, generated such a negative response that I feel the need to share, especially since the TripAdvisor rating is so misleading.

We chose to stay at this property due to its high rating on TripAdvisor, the convenient location, and the low price. Unfortunately, I suppose you get what you pay for. The room was large and had a functional small kitchen. However, it had a very strong musty odor that was either due to covering up a former occupant's smoking or something else (mold, I wonder, given the condition of the rest of the room). We were checking in late and my kids were exhausted, so we didn't take the time to ask for another room. The bed was terribly uncomfortable- the worst night's sleep I've had in a long time. I woke up every hour from 2 am until morning with a sore back. The bedspread and blanket were old and thin. The paint was peeling from the walls in several places in the bathroom. There was mildew in lots of places in the shower. The towels were very small and almost threadbare- like the ones that many hotels use at their pools. By the morning my nose was completely stopped up and I had a sore throat, I guess due to the strong odor that I never really got used to. We couldn't get out of there fast enough, and I'll never consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tyler B
MainstaySuitesTN565, Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for your informative review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to correct any issues you experienced with us. We will take immediate action is making any necessary improvements.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We selected this property because of its easy proximity to Downtown Knoxville and an on-line special. Check-in was quick and easy thanks to India at the front desk. We were upgraded to a king room that had everything we needed for a comfortable three night stay. A large refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, dishes, utensils and pots and pans! A small table and chairs were in the room as well as a large over stuffed chair. Everything was clean and in good working order.
The breakfast area is very small and was very crowded our first two mornings. The breakfast was adequate having the usual fare of cereals, bagels and muffins, fruit, waffles, yogurts but also eggs and sausages.

The hotel has WiFi which needed no special password. Downstairs there was a computer and printer for the guests to use.

We would certainly consider staying here again if back in the Knoxville area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marilyn B
MainstaySuitesTN565, Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

We would like to thank you for the valued and appreciated review you posted. We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed here for two nights for my daughter's graduation from UT. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable and Sara at the front desk was personable and professional. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2013

It's always great to know that when I am on the road, I can look forward to a consistently clean and ready room. Haven't had an issue with service for the past two years I have been staying here. An extra bonus is the way they get pizzas on Tuesday nights for their guests. No hotel is perfect but it's hard to find anything to criticize about them. Breakfast is good and no issues with the linen, water, wifi or beds. Only downside for me is that they can fill up quickly so you need to reserve a room. Great job to the staff and thanks for the needed rest and service

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We always stay at the Merchants Dr, Knoxville Mainstay Suites on our travel back and forth to our homes in Ohio and Florida. It is an excellant place to stay. Very clean and the staff is always very professional and helpful. Especially India Dailey! She even recognizes my voice when I call. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jeff d
MainstaySuitesTN565, Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us once again. We also thank you for acknowledging our employee for her hard work and we will certainly give her credit for it.
We hope to see you again soon!