“Such a nice stay!”

Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Desk clerk was so friendly. Room was clean, comfortable and affordable. First visit to Knoxville and this Hampton Inn helped make it a very good experience. Would most definitely stay again and would highly recommend it.

2  Thank Cologal78
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Clean, affordable. Choose it based upon our travel location and the other reviews here. Scott, at the welcome desk, made us feel like extended family from the start--nice. Gave us some water as we were coming off a zoo visit! :) Our 9 yr old had a great time in the heated indoor pool, had to peel her out of there! Beds standardly comfy. Breakfast was better than I expected (my expectations for hotel breakfasts are not terribly high), wider assortment than I was accustomed to. I asked about local area to eat dinner with a finicky eater in tow and Scott gave a great recommendation along with a coupon for 10% off without any prompting. Again, well done. Location is a bit off the main road, but not by much. Grocery store and bakery next door. I did notice a house across the street with an iron security gate on the front door, but didn't see any other signs of suspicious neighborhood (police mentality). I'd go there again.

Room Tip: Ice machines are at the end of halls so think middle of hallways :)
Reviewed 13 August 2012

By far one of the best stays I have had anywhere. The hotel was quiet and very clean. The staff were exceptionally friendly and knowledgeable. The breakfast area was the best I have had.
When staying in this area, I will not shop around, I will stay here.

1  Thank jenk61
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Exterior is meticulously maintained. As you enter the lobby, it's very pretty and the staff is very professional and friendly. They are all about making sure you are taken care of. We were sweaty, hot, and tired after moving our son from Clemson into his new apartment near the University of TN as he begins grad school there. The staff made it all about us .... got us checked in quickly up to a super clean room so we could shower and relax and then gave us a great restaurant to eat at near the hotel. I cannot say enough about these folks. The breakfast in the morning hit the spot (tables to eat at were clean and the food was great). When we go back to visit our son, we know where we're staying. Awesome, awesome hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nini R
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This hotel is above par compared to most Hamptons, The staff was extremely professional when checking in and even mentioned their 'guarantee satisfaction'-that was a first. Like others have posted, this hotel is a secret gem! Extremely clean rooms and lobby, with a very satisfying breakfast. Like previous review, I too was at hotel when swim team was there. It was (to say the least) a little unnerving. Don't blame the hotel (parents get THAT credit). Kids were loud, slamming doors, and also sounded like some bed jumping going on. Parents were downstairs drinking, while their kids were acting like animals. We did call the desk, and to my surprise, the gentleman said give me 10 minutes to quiet them down AND he did!!!! And that was minus assistance from parents, but rather hotel staff coming up and talking to them(we witnessed through peep hole). The hotel employee then positioned herself in the hallway for quite some time-she meant business and I think they knew it. We slept well. My only suggestion would be (to any hotel), if a large number of kids are scheduled to stay, I think front desk needs to communicate to parents/custodians that loud disruptive behavior will get them kicked out. OR position them by blocking a segment of rooms so others arent sandwiched between their rooms. Either way, I love, love this hotel!! I'd stay here again!! Thank you again to staff for quieting them down.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cargen16
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Clean, well-appointed rooms. Great location. Responsive wi-fi. Luxurious bedding. Helpful staff. All very positive except the breakfast, which was not very good. Weak coffee, instant eggs, etc.
Highly-rated restaurant (Puleo) is very near at hand.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I am almost afraid to write this review as this little gem of a hotel will become so popular that I will have difficulty staying there in the future! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean, convenient, and well furnished. The only complaint that I have was that a group of young teenagers, who appeared to be attending a swim meet locally, were staying there and some running in the room above me late in the evening would wake me up. Can't blame that on the hotel, as I did not complain to them. I may be too sensitive to noise as I sleep in a very quiet environment at home. Overall an excellent hotel and I look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Pick a high room to avoid noise from above.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business