“The best of the best!”

Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Waterloo, Canada
“The best of the best!”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We have stayed at a LOT of Hampton Inns but this one, at which we didn't even have a reservation, was THE BEST. Such incredible customer service (this morning was frosty and they even had ice scrapers & lock de-icer on the front desk for departing guests) and immaculate facilities…WAY TO GO Hampton Inn Knoxville North Management, you are exemplary in your field. Keep up the superb morale and thanks for last night ;)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear thegregoires,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm happy that our complimentary ice scrapers and de-icer were of use to you. I look forward to seeing you again if your travels bring you back through Knoxville.

Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We picked this hotel based on the reviews on trip advisor and we couldn't have been happier with our choice!! Lindsay at the front desk went above and beyond to make our trip a pleasurable one!!! She upgraded us to a really great room at no charge and it's very rare that you find someone so nice and helpful in customer service anymore! She took pictures of my kids with the giant stuffed bear and even emailed the pictures to us!!!! I'm very particular in general, because I like things a certain way. And we were very happy with our choice and will definitely stay here again!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!! :)

• Stayed December 2013
Dear WalkerandWaverlysMom,

Thank you for leaving a review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room upgrade and seeing our Bear In A Chair. I look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Knoxville.

Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My husband and I had to drive from Ormond Beach, Fl. To the Detroit area to visit my terminally ill sister. We were emotional and tired so decided to stay over night and chose the Hampton North. As soon as we walked in, it was almost like getting the hugs we needed. Customer service is outstanding. Immaculate inside and out. Free breakfast that includes everything you could want. And a very nice gym to wear off the calories from the delicious breakfast!

On our return home, it was a no brainer to stay there again. We made a reservation and when we arrived, much to our delight, were upgraded to a suite. We almost stayed another night because it was so comfortable.

If you are ever in that area, I highly recommend the Hampton Inn North!

And the bed and pillows are amazing!

Room Tip: I'm sure every room is nice
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Dear Ginger W,

Thank you for your kind review. I realize travelling to visit a sick relative can be very upsetting and I'm glad that our staff could make this troubling time a little easier on you. We hope to see you again soon under better circumstances.

With condolences,

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Hotel was clean, great value, and wonderful staff. Would definitely stay here again. The location leaves a bit to be desired, but I can get over that for the value. Great place to visit whil estaying in/going through Knoxville.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Ron C,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Knoxville.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We always try to stay at Hampton so we saw this one was convenient to the interstate we were traveling and decided to stay here. It was not a good choice. Seems they have a problem with their dog policy. The hotel should really review it's pet policy. Seems they don't allow dogs in the hotel (which I think is great) so people who stay here that are traveling with dogs want to leave their dogs in their car. While I guess it's the pet owners choice to do that even in freezing weather, at least the hotel should insist that they park their car far out in the lot. My wife was woken out of a sound sleep by some inconsiderate person who decided to take his big huge dog out of his car late at night to do it's business. His car was parked right outside our 1st floor room and he tied his big huge dog to the Honors parking sign post right outside our window. So then the big huge dog proceeded to bark very loudly which jared my wife right out of bed. After that he walked it around and then put it back in the car. I called the front desk and was told there was nothing they could do about it. The temperature was in the 20's so the desk man should have done something. The rest of the night we barely slept thinking about the dog in the cold. On top of that, just when we thought we could sleep in we were woken up about 8:00 by the maid talking loudly to someone out in the hall right outside our door.

Other that that the room was large, nice and clean with a fresh duvet cover. The breakfast area was also nice, well attended and had a very nice variety of breakfast items to eat. So if you decide to stay here ask for a room on the back side that doesn't get cleaned early.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard F
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Richard F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I’m sorry that your stay was unpleasant. I would like to take the time to explain our pet policy. It is not our policy to allow pets at our hotel or to allow people to leave their pets in their vehicle while at our hotel. We will turn them away if we are aware of their intent to do so. If someone chooses to do this without our knowledge or consent, we will ask the guest to check out upon discovery. We are very sorry that your wife was disturbed. We are animal lovers too, and we do not condone leaving an animal unattended overnight in a vehicle under any conditions. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at the hotel.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 December 2013

My family and i wanted to start a new and relaxing tradition for Christmas morning. After staying at this location several times over the past years, there was no question where we would stay. Melanie Loveday and her devoted staff are simply amazing. They go above and beyond personal service to assure your stay is a custom fit to any situation. My wife and I have a 7mo daughter and 9 yr old son, we were treated as if we had arrived and departed our own families home... without any drama. Thanks again Melanie, We will be back. Merry Christmas. P.S. Mr Bear in a Chair is a must see for the kids and kid at heart.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Robert K,

Thank you for posting such a nice review. I'll be sure to pass your regards on to Melanie. I'm glad we had the opportunity to make your Christmas such a memorable experience and I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Knoxville.

Knoxville, United States
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Service and staff were above standard and very helpful. Since I was new to the area they gave me directions to stores etc. Additionally the front desk had drinks etc. for sale which prevented having to leave the premise.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Rick B,

Thank you for your kind review. I realize that travelling for a funeral can be very upsetting and I am glad that our staff was able to make this troubled time a little easier for you and your family. We hope to see you again soon under better circumstances.

With condolences,