“Fine hotel - clean and comfortable”

Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Knoxville. This is a nice property - interior and exterior was very clean and tidy. There are restaurants in within a couple of miles and we found some additional decent restaurants a few miles east in Fountain City.

Check-in was smooth and we were greeted by a friendly desk agent. Our room (King Suite) was nice and typical of other Hampton Inn's that I've visited. My only complaint is that the room is designed so that the bathroom vanity/dressing area is completely open to the rest of the room. The toilet and shower are in a separate room, but the vanity is open. Again, this is typical of other Hamptons, but I wish they'd provide some separation from the main room.

HVAC worked well and was quiet, TV was fine, plenty of towels, everything worked and the room was clean and fresh. The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of outlets for charging all of our goodies.

Unfortunately we had a change of plans and had to check out a couple of days early, but that was handled at the front desk with no problem.

Overall this is a good, clean hotel that I would stay at again when in the Knoxville area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear BallMeBlazer,

Thank you for leaving us a 2nd review. I"m glad that you enjoyed the King Studio suite during your stay with us. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are travelling through Knoxville.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Great location/ close to restaurants/ very friendly and accomadating staff/ good mattress.We had a messed-up TV which they tried to fix, then tried to replace and neither worked.They would have moved is to another room, but they had a full house, so they gave us our room for free for the inconvenience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mary Jo B,

Thank you for leaving us a review. I'm sorry that the television in your room did not work, but we have since fixed the issue. I'm happy that my staff did invoke our 100% Hampton Guarantee of your behalf. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stopped here for the night with hubby and father in tow. I booked the king suite which was very spacious and had a large pull out sofa bed for my dad. Just be aware that the sofa is in the same large room as the king bed so there is no divider for privacy. This was not an issue for us as we were only staying one night. The greeting at the front desk was warm and friendly and included a complementary bottle of water and a nice selection of cookies. I opted for the herbal tea which is also available in the breakfast area. The room was comfortable and quiet. The breakfast is standard fare at these hotels which is to say filling and tasty. Coffee was even good which is not always the case.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Fran M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. I'm glad that your stay with us was enjoyable and I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Knoxville.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hospitality my family received was above and beyond my expectations. The staff let my son and his friend stay in the pool a little after 10 since we arrived at 930 and hit the pool around 945. They also provided a cot at the last minute as my son had a friend come along and my son would rather sleep on a cot than share a bed with his father or friend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Victor B,

I'm happy that we were able to accommodate you so well. Thank you for your review and I hope to see you again the next time you are in Knoxville.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I lived at this hotel for over three weeks while on assignment in Knoxville. The staff were invariably friendly and helpful, especially the breakfast staff. Brenda, Dee and Gill made sure that my special dietary needs were met and went out of their way to save a bowl of papaya every day.
I was also impressed by the Housekeeping Supervisor Melanie Loveday, who respected my desire to recycle my garbage and reduce the number of times my towels were changed in order to be eco-friendly. Indeed, she asks her staff to separate out the plastic garbage and newspapers and takes them to the recycling center herself. Wow. I have been traveling for 30+ years and most hotels ignore these requests, so I was happily surprised to find that Melanie actually *listened* to me and told her staff to respect my wishes.

I know that this comes from the top. Manager Walter Wojnar is a smiling presence, radiating good will.

Thank you everyone! I will request the Hampton Inn Knoxville North next time I am in Knoxville.

Elizabeth B

Room Tip: For a longer stay, ask for a King Suite.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Elizabeth B,

Thank you for your amazing review. We take pride in our customer service and I'm glad that you pointed out some of our shining stars. We care about the environment as well and would like to thank you for assisting us in our efforts. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Knoxville.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

When I checked in they gave me a free upgrade to a Hospitality Suite,very nice room.
Front desk,maids,kitchen help all were courteous,friendy,and helpful.Room was very clean.
Next year on way to and from Florida,this is the place to stay

Room Tip: All rooms were nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Charles H,

I'm glad that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade. If you are stopping in Knoxville on your next trip south, I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Excellent hotel; clean, comfortable, quiet, and the service was prompt and gracious. Easy to get to from freeway, good parking. The morning breakfast was good with variety. Would recommend staying here if it is on your way.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Robert C,

Thank you for leaving us such a nice review. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Knoxville.