“Nice place to stay”

Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North
Ranked #2 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to stay. We were traveling from PA to FL and stopped overnight. The staff was friendly and helpful. The lobby is bright and clean. The rooms are large, clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. There is a nice workout room and salt water pool. They have a great breakfast and are close to Interstate 75. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear nanannrose,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad that you enjoyed our full hot breakfast and our Precor fitness room. We hope to see you again the next time your travels take you through Knoxville.

Front Desk Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I booked this hotel with American Express points, and checked in after 10 p.m. - there was an issue with the reservation on their end, and the desk clerk (unfortunately I don't remember her name) was diligent and got to the bottom of the issue instead of having me pay for the hotel and figure it out later (this has been offered as a "solution" to me in the past at other hotels). They also had an "extra" wine opener I was able to borrow without having to purchase one. There were a ton of kids that were checked in, but the free cookie supply was constantly restocked. The free continental breakfast was above average - lots of choices including fresh berries. I was in a handicap accessible room, and the bathroom was very large as was the sleeping area. King size bed and the whole room was very clean. Quiet hotel even with all the kids checked in. There is a grocery store across the street and easy to walk to.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JulieO167
JShelton5411, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Knoxville North, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Julie O,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad that my staff took the time to help you with your reservation and I'll be sure to compliment them on their diligence. I'm also glad that you enjoyed the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies that we make fresh every day.

Chicago, IL
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here one night on a family road trip and we all enjoyed this first-class Hampton Inn, which is located right off I-75 in an area with other hotel/motels that is 10 mins from downtown. We had a king bed studio suite, which had enough room for one kid to sleep on the pullout couch and another on a rollaway. The furnishings were nice, bed was comfortable, room/bathroom was very clean and a good HDTV. We enjoyed the breakfast, which was the usual Hampton fare. My kids enjoyed the nice indoor pool. Service was very warm and friendly. An excellent choice for anyone coming to Knoxville or passing through on I-75.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear ChiLawyer,

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that your children enjoyed our indoor saltwater pool. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you travel through Knoxville.

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel was convenient to the University of Tennessee and near local attractions, however, not walking distance to UTK. The Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Complimentary breakfast was excellent. Train tracks are close by but there wasn't any noise during the night to disturb our sleep.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Helen T,

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are located only 6 miles from UT campus and are the 2nd closest Hampton to the campus. We hope to see you again the next time you come for a visit.

Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We are great fans of the Hampton Inn and Suites and actually pre-booked this location and a good thing too there was multiple competitions going on in town - check in was fast and friendly and Zach made us feel at home gave us some suggestions for dinner choices at nearby locations
The room was fresh,clean-bed very comfortable,linens soft,plenty of pillow choices too
Breakfast very good and lots of choices, nice fresh fruit and Coffee
The hostess there was so cute and friendly just what you hope for first thing in the morning while trying to get the fog out of your brain
This is our GO TO HAMPTON when we are travelling from IN before we get into the mountains

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Cherpurr,

Thank you for leaving such a nice review. I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Zach. I'm glad that you enjoyed our pillow selection. We offer both foam and hypoallergenic down pillows in every room and our bedding is washed fresh for every guest, including the duvet covers. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the mountains.

Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I am a Hampton Inn fan, and this one is a joy. Spotless, everything as it should be, just great. The breakfast crew was the best, and so was the breakfast -- from ripe, fresh fruit and berries to crispy bacon. The staff is knowledgeable, articulate, welcoming, and attentive. The grounds and landscaping are well-designed and beautifully maintained. I encourage other Hampton Innkeepers to visit this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear William H,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad that you enjoyed our fresh fruit selections. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Knoxville.

chicago suburbs
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

This was our last overnight while driving back to Chicago from the South Carolina beaches. It seemed like a fairly typical hampton inn to me, off a side road near the highway north of Knoxville. There were gas stations and mini marts, other hotels, it seemed like a busy interstate interchange.

For me nothing stood out... The breakfast was pretty good but not great, the breakfast area was decently sized. The beds seemed too soft to me, though my daughter loved them.

If you are in the area to explore downtown Knoxville, I would look to stay within walking distance. If you are just passing thru, there are other comparable properties west of downtown. We stayed at a new La Quinta just west of the city a week prior and it was similar in quality. So this Hampton is a nice representation of the chain.

Stayed August 2014
Dear matrepok,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that your daughter enjoyed our Serta Dreamstructure mattresses, which are the required mattresses for all Hampton Inns. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Knoxville.