“Very nice and convenient off I 75/40 near Knoxville, TN”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville-Farragut
Ranked #24 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The ladies at the front desk were very friendly even at 11:30 p.m. They offered to make a fresh pot of coffee for me. The parking lot had plenty of spots and was fairly well lit.
The property is recently remodeled and clean with a cheerful and modern decor in both our hotel room and the public areas.
The breakfast area is large with the usual variety of HI EXPRESS food items. As in the rest of the hotel there is updated, cheerful decor in the breakfast area. The attendant was pleasant and kept everything stocked up.
We were in a 2 Queen bed room, very comfortable, neat and tidy. Comfortable beds and pillows. The TV and Internet were up to our expectations. We could watch NETFLIX on our computers. The 32 " flat screen had a good picture and sound.
We are Gold level members, stay in a lot of Holiday Inn Express as well as other major chain hotel.
This property is the type we recommend because it exemplifies the amenities and overall look of what we look for in a hotel.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room which was quiet and convenient to where we parked our vehicle.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 July 2013

On Friday evening after driving in the rain to visit a ill family member in Knoxville, we decided to go to a hotel near the hospital. We were pleasantly surprised by how clean and efficient this Holiday Inn Express was. The furnishings looked new as well as very clean.
We arrived around dinner time and asked the front desk about restaurants in the area and they had a piece of paper as well as their favorites at the ready.
The next morning the breakfast room was very well stocked with hot and cold items all of very good quality and filling for the next visit and the long drive back home.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel because of Holiday Inn's reputation and our past experiences. This is the best, cleanest, friendliest and well stocked Holiday Inn we've ever stayed in. The receptionist was very friendly! She even made us fresh coffee seeing we were so road weary. We stayed the night of June 20, 2013.

Room Tip: Was very impressed with the quality of towels, linens and cleanliness. And, of course, the staff!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I just spent the first of two nights here. There is a millipede in my room. Also, the room smells a little funny. Not bad, just funny. But the room does seem clean. The staff is very courteous. I am on the ground floor. The plumbing above me is pretty loud. I am learning my upstairs neighbors' routines.

I woke up pretty early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep for some reason. It wasn't because the bed was uncomfortable. The bed was just fine. The pillows were nice too - pairs labeled firm and soft (I like a pillow mix!). I took a walk around the grounds outside. The place was spotless. Not litter to be seen anywhere.

I went to get some coffee around 6:30 a.m.. There were several carafes ready (and half & half!). There were several breakfast options. A pancake machine, bananas, bagels and bread (and a toaster), scrambled eggs, sausage, gravy (?), biscuits, a few cereals. No bacon though. I could have gone for some bacon. None of that other stuff seemed appealing to me. ymmv. I also could have gone for a cinnamon roll. Weren't cinnamon rolls a signature item at HI Express? Or am I confusing them with another hotel chain? I was a little disappointed there was no cinnamon roll. However, there is a metric boatload of chain restaurant options of all kinds within a mile or so.

I noticed an indoor pool. It looked shallow. I didn't try it out. The fitness room was equipped with a couple of treadmills and a recumbent stationary bike - and that appeared to be it- except for mirrors. A whole wall of mirrors. I don't try out the fitness equipment either. I haven't been to the gym in a week though.

All in all, I don't regret stating here at all and am not dreading one more night here. If you're and HI Express fan, this one shouldn't disappoint you.

Room Tip: The plumbing sounds like a water garden here on the first floor. It would definitely drive a beaver...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Stacy L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville-Farragut, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time during your stay to post a review. The cinnamon rolls are a signature item of the Holiday Inn Express, so they actually get their own food warmer. You may have not seen them because we keep the covers on them to keep them from drying out or as I like to say "protest their deliciousness".

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Good clean hotel by the interstate. Nothing too flashy, but very clean. Staff were very helpful and quiet friendly. Note that trying to turn left off the interstate from the east bound direction is very difficult at this exit. Good proximity to interstate. Not a bad hotel if you are visiting Knoxville and don't want to stay in downtown. Appeared to be several softball teams staying in the hotel with us, but did not hear any noise during the night.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed here for the Destination Imagination Global Finals. Campus was just 15 minutes away, and a lot of nice stores very close by for groceries and gift shopping. The breakfasts were a very nice surprise; all the bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. you wanted, all included in the room price!

Sandra was a joy and gave us some recommendations of places to visit. Other staff were equally helpful and extremely courteous. We exchanged towels daily with staff in the hallway, or at times they would even go right to the supply room and give us whatever we needed. It was service above and beyond what we would normally see in a hotel at this price point.

The pool was perfect size for the kids. Would have liked a hot tub but the exercise room was a nice swap. The carpets were so clean I asked if they were new and was told they were four years old. They looked terrific. Nice patio area out back for visiting with others in our group.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the bigger size with family at a very reasonable rate; more room to spread gear or sit ar...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2013

So many restaurant choices nearby. Shopping terrific. Property was comfortable. Beds were good. There was only one computer in the business center, but the property provides free Wi-Fi so it was a slight inconvenience.
I was impressed with the overall cleanliness of the room, especially the bathroom. The tub was spotless. Nice shampoos, lotions etc.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple