“New Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville-Farragut
Ranked #24 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed here one night. Close to Turkey Creek shopping area and multiple restaurants. Turkey Creek on one side of interstate and this on the other side but extremely close. This area is on outer edge of Knoxville but lots of shopping/dining in the area. Must be new because everything looked like it. They do have a pool, indoor, but not sure if outdoor. Breakfast is standard for Holiday Inn Express. Beds comfortable although I did not like the pillows that much. They weren't terrible but not great. Each room has a sitting area with small sofa and a desk. Quiet hotel. Might not be though in summertime when lots of families traveling but was at this time of the year.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank clmtraveler

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We had a wonderful 2 day stay at this Holiday Inn. Very clean. Very nice staff. Great location near lots of restaurants and shopping. You may need to call the front desk for specific directions into the hotel - GPS is a little deceptive. However, after you arrive the first time, access is no problem. My only complaint was there was no ice machine on the 3rd floor. When we stay here again, I'll remember to ask for a room on a floor with the ice machine. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Stacy L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville-Farragut, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry about the current difficulty many guest are having in regards to our current entrance. We are very happy to report that we have been giving permission by the city to reconstruct our previous entrance. So hopefully when you return to visit us again it will be reopened. In the future if you would like an ice machine on your floor just request a 1st or 2nd floor room at our property. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

This Holiday Inn Express property is becoming my primary hotel in the Knoxville area. It is a newer hotel, the rooms are big, bright and clean. Bedding and pillows are in great condition. It is right off I-40/75 west of Knoxville yet is suprising quiet being close to the freeway. The staff has always been friendly. The morning breakfast has a great variety. There is an indoor pool and workout center. There are many dining and shopping choices just minutes away. All-in-all a great place to stay, this location has actually restored some of my faith in the HIE brand..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tbfltri8

I am so glad that you took the time to write a review about our property. While I am very sorry to hear that you lost any faith in regards to our brand, I am also extremely happy to know that we are restoring that faith. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This was our first visit to this facility and we really liked it. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was the typical chain hotel fare.Best part of staying here is convienance to Turkey Creek Shopping and quietness from traffic noise.

Room Tip: Stay here and be removed from interstate noise..
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. While our property is in reality almost 5 years old, we are always glad to hear that we can pass for new. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed there twice, on our way to Florida, and again on the way back, since my wife liked it so much. Extremely clean, nice hot water after a 12 hour drive. Very comfortable beds, with a nice choice of hard, and soft pillows. On our second stay, we were upgraded to a suite, which was more than what we needed, but it was amazing. I wish all hotels had rooms like that, if we were going to stay there an extended amount of time, that's what I'd book. I did rear the other review, about the bench by the elevator, and I have to agree, it is a slight pain to maneuver the luggage cart out of the elevator and around it, but not a deal breaker. I think we've decided to make this place our usual stop on our annual winter trip south. Oh, the breakfast was good, which is always a plus when travelling, one less stop along the way.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Stacy L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville-Farragut, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. You may be interested to know that the benches are being picked up this week to be cut down and reupholstered. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We took a high school basketball team to this hotel last week for a tournament in the area. They were extremely accommodating for our group. Judy checked us in, and she was delightful and efficient. Our reservation was ready for us when we arrived, and there were no problems getting in to the rooms. We had several 2 queen bed suites (with a couch and a kitchenette), and one king size suite (also with a couch and a kitchenette). The price was comparable or better than the other hotels around. The rooms were all very clean.

On our first night, while we were out, apparently they had MANY walk-ins that they were not expecting. So, breakfast the next morning was a bit challenging. It was obvious that they were trying to keep up, but with a bunch of unexpected guests and 11 high school aged boys, they were having a hard time. Breakfast was filling a tasty...exactly what I have eaten at other Holiday Inn Expresses.

The only issue we had while we were there was on the first night when the boys first got to their room. Just as we were all walking into our rooms the front desk called to tell us that someone was complaining about how loud we were being. I explained to her that we were just walking into our rooms. She assured me that she told the people that that was the case, but she just wanted to be sure that we knew someone was already complaining. I told the boys (who were in the hall picking rooms), and there were no more issues or complaints.

I took my preschoolers swimming while we were there. They LOVED it, as did I. It is a small pool, but perfect for the kids. They provide towels poolside, which is such a nice option.

Overall, this was a very nice choice for us with all of these boys. The suites, with their pull out couches, give you so many options for how to arrange all the kids.

Room Tip: The 2 Queen Room at 221 was larger than the others. Would be good for a family with kids.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

We appreciate your review of our property. I apologize that we did not keep up effciently during breakfast hours while your team stayed with us. As you said, we ended up with a lot more rooms then expected when the schedule was made for our breakfast staff. We are glad that other than that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you on a return trip.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

The hotel is located right off of I-40, near Turkey Creek shopping area. I agree with other reviews that it is very easy to drive past it, because even though you can see it, you have to make a couple of turns to get in around the back of the hotel. My room was clean and comfortable, and I didn't have any issues with noise. The staff were friendly, and the breakfast was pretty standard HIE fare. If you're heading into Knoxville proper, just be aware that this hotel is still quite a ways west, and that traffic heading into downtown can be a little heavy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review.