Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville at Cedar Bluff
Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Lacey
“Wonderful Stay!”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We are traveling across the country and stopped in at this Country Inn & Suites. It was such a pleasant stay! The staff was one of the friendliest I have ever encountered! Ben was an amazing front desk clerk! We actually ended up with the last available room and within about 15-25 mins of getting settled, we receive a phone call from Ben just making sure everything is okay. The beds were so comfy, we had a great night's sleep. Also, the exercise room had surprisingly high-quality work out machines. And breakfast was great as well with healthy choices (oatmeal, bran muffins, yogurt w toppings) or french toast, bagels, cereal, or use the waffle-maker (fun!). Great price for an outstanding stay at a wonderful hotel. Thanks Ben!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ChanR451

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2012

this is located at a popular exit off I-75. The staff extremely courteous and helpful. Room decor very up to date. Many restaurants nearby to choose from. Breakfast good - except for the eggs.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Steve D
Capitol Heights, Maryland
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I was just passing through on my way to Colorado, I arrived rather late and the front desk clerk, I believe her name was Hayley was excellent! Such a shame she is on the night shift and no one gets to interact with this gem! Congrats to Country Inn on hiring such a stellar employee. Everyone seemed educated and knowledgable, as well. And the pool was a bonus.

Room Tip: The beds are amazing, I was by the elevators and had no problems sleeping. Room 2008, I believe.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Carol H
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I booked this stay on line and the web site mentioned that it was a new facility off of I-40 & I-75. It gave the street address but failed to mention what exit to take. So when I was getting close, I stopped at the first CI&S I saw to find out where this one was. The desk clerk was very friendly & assured me that it was exit 375 just 2 miles up. He did say that it would say Cedar Bluff on the exit. Turned out there is no exit 375, and Cedar Bluff was actually at exit 378, I could see the big hiway sign for CI&S when I exited, but totally missed the right hand turn into the access area for the hotel. Had to go up turn around and come back to make a left across some pretty heavy traffic. Staff was very friendly & helpful. The room was comfortable and amenities were great. the pool & spa were great stress releivers after my second straight day of driving.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Elizabeth W
reniecarroll1, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville at Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am so sorry our hotel is a bit difficult to find since we are in an office park. Our location does have the benefit of being much quieter than those located right on the interstate, but we recognize it does make it bit challenging to locate. (We have the tallest sign that the city of Knoxville will allow us and certainly wish we had some options to make the hotel more visible.) I do hope your experience was worth your troubles and hope you will give us the chance to be your home away from home during your next trip to our area. The easiest directions to us when traveling on I/40East/I/75N is to Take Exit 378. Turn Left off exit and then Turn right at McDonalds. (Traveling I/40W/I/75S, Take exit 378B. Take 2nd Left and hotel is on the right.) Again, a sincere thanks for your business and for not giving up on finding us!
Burlington, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Hotel was nice and clean. The free breakfast was very nice, loved the waffles that you make yourself. Coffee was tasty, they had 3 kinds of juices.

The staff was helpful with things to do nearby and places to eat. The bed was comfier than the sleep number we stayed in at another hotel and I didn't wake up sore! :-)

The indoor pool and hot tub were also nice and the pool not too cold at all, very good temperature.

My one minor complaint was that the halls and elevator of the hotel were very hot, so once you stepped into the elevator and walked the hall to your room it was very warm until you got to your room, or the lobby, depending on where you were headed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank djalyv
reniecarroll1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville at Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We have repaired the roof unit that cools the hallways; therefore, everything will be much cooler next time you visit with us. I am so sorry we could not get the roof unit repairman here more quickly! Thank you again for staying with us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again during your next trip to Knoxville.
Washington, DC
Reviewed 25 May 2012

As far as this level of hotel, Country Inn and Suites is very good. Nice rooms, very clean, good size, etc.... The facilities are also very good - nice indoor pool, right off the highway, etc... But by far the winner in this hotel is the staff, who may be the friendliest and most helpful I have encountered in a long time. We were traveling as a family with an infant, which brings up a little things and every time they were great.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DCDC1234
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

The indoor pool was a great for my boys to splash around in after being in the car all day. Rooms are clean and nice, shower was modern and lots of space. Breakfast had french toast and sausages... Great stay!!!

• Stayed May 2012