“Still as good as ever!”

Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Franklin, TN
“Still as good as ever!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I last reviewed this hotel almost four years ago, rated it highly then, and it still deserves the highest rating. Traveled to Knoxville with my son for a football weekend, and this hotel is perfect for such a thing. It's about a half mile off I-40 in west Knoxville, at an exit with plenty of dining options. We were able to walk to McDonald's, and almost as close were other restaurants, a liquor store, Dollar General, and etc.

Most importantly, the staff are as friendly and efficient as ever. Check in and out were fast, the breakfast was tasty, varied, and well-stocked. There were two waffle makers to make things fast, and plenty of tables that were always kept clean. The pool area was clean and fun, and workout room seemed the same.

The rooms were clean, the fridge and microwave were perfect, air conditioning was quick and cool, and amenities were great.

Plainly put, this hotel is everything it possibly could be - at a great price - and I can see why it's still rated so highly by our TripAdvisor community.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
reniecarroll1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville at Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback and for being our loyal guest for four years! We appreciate your kind words and your business and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Please look me up when you come to town as I would love the opportunity to meet you and personally thank you for supporting our hotel with your exceptional remarks!

Renie Carroll, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I checked in soon after navigating through a torrential downpour on the interstate. I was relieved to check in with a friendly, pleasant staff. The young woman at the desk even printed off directions for a event location I needed to get to right after checking in. When I returned she was still at the desk and asked how it went. I was so happy to go to my comfortable room with my take out dinner and just totally chill. Everything I needed was there and all the basics were great. The AC worked, the desk chair was so comfortable, the internet was easy to connect to and fast. Everything worked in the room - it was so clean, nicely appointed and the decor was actually nicer than the average tired 'hotel art'. I just didn't have to worry about anything after a long day of driving and then a business event. The bed was very comfortable as well and I slept like a rock.

The only minor annoyance was the placement of the mini-fridge in the cabinet. The cabinet door opened from the left and the fridge opened on the right and that combination got my hand and fingers pinched a few times.

The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast bar type - I only had coffee and a bagel, both of which I could take to my room. They actually had real dishes and utensils instead of disposables which was classy but I was less inclined to get cereal and fruit because of that - no trays. Being a solo business traveler, I really just wanted to have breakfast in my room. I was impressed that they had fruit and different cereals.

It was one of the best stays I've had in a hotel of this class. The hotel property was wonderful but the staff made it really perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Falls Church, VA
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We moved to this hotel on July 7, 2013 for three nights after a one night unpleasant experience at the Embassy Suites in Knoxville. We had previously stayed in this hotel and our three kids, pleaded with their parents to change hotels and come back to this one because they are big fans of front desk Rachel, enjoy the breakfast making their own waffles in morning, and can't wait to get in the well kept swimming pool. The suites are clean and spacious enough for three kids and their parents. This time we had the pleasure of being assisted at the front desk by both Rachel and Devon as well as a new person, Ya Ya. They were courteous and very friendly with the kids and overall made the stay extra special.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Wonderfully accessible and check-in was flawless. A very quaint and clean lobby serves as their breakfast room. Hot tub, pool and modest fitness room were clean and well-maintained as was my room. Efficient A/C, nice TV, strong WiFi, well-lit bathroom, frig and comfortable bed made this place an excellent choice. The staff was amazingly caring and knowledgeable. Close to eateries, a wine store, food markets, I was able to park and walk to whatever I wanted. Not sure that I've stayed in a Country Inn before but I most certainly will again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank beeedell
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Not that pretty of a place but the rooms were clean and the breakfast was decent. I was approached for money by someone in the parking lot at 10 pm at night (which is unnerving) but that's not the hotel's fault. Great front desk staff (they held an item that we had left in a room for several days until we passed back through to pick up).

Port Orange
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Whenever we come to the area, we stay here. Customer service is top-notch and price is very reasonable. I have to give a big thank you to Yaya for exceptional service. Also the food being served for breakfast was yummy. My favorite was biscuits and gravy. The pool area was wonderful and relaxing. Being from Florida, I would like to have the pool set a little warmer. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stonewall, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Right off interstate. Easy to find. Got there at 10 pm. Worked hard to get us checked in quickly. Quiet,clean comfortable. Breakfast the next morning delicious. Everyone very helpful. Driving a moving van and had nice place to park in back.