“Very Comfortable Room”

Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Penn Yan, New York
“Very Comfortable Room”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here on our way south and we were very pleased with the room and cleanliness of the hotel. The area the hotel set up for the breakfast was great, with more than enough choices. The fitness center was a step above others we have encountered in hotels/motels. There was 24 hour coffee/tea in the lobby next to the check in desk.
We had a quiet night's sleep and plan on staying there again when we travel to that area.

Room Tip: We were high up in the front and did not encounter any noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Wytheville, Virginia
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I would recommend staying at this hotel to everyone. I was so pleased with my stay. My daughter, a UT student, had broken her foot and needed some special care. We stayed at the Country Inn so I could take her to the doctor and give her some much needed care. I can't say enough about how kind and considerate all the employees were during our stay. You really were kind to us when we needed it the most. If you want the best place to stay in Knoxville, this is your place! Near everything including the interstate and shopping. The breakfast was so good. It came in handy during the ice storm while we were there. I couldn't ask for a better place! I have stayed there two more times and each time we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms were so clean, and very quiet. My kind of place!
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We have stayed in this location MANY times on trips to Knoxville. It is such a great location - right off Cedar Bluff. There is everything you could possibly need or want within a few minutes. And even getting into downtown is a breeze with the highway or Kingston Pike options. (Kingtson Pike offers a view of some really beautiful homes). The staff is always friendly, the rooms are always clean and I can absolutely recommend this location!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The rooms have been remodeled and are very nice. We stayed here on our way and on our return and had two separate rooms. One was a suite and one was with a separate living space (where you can close the door). We have three children (7, 4, 3) and were put on the 2nd floor. The showers were wonderful, the linen was clean, and the amenities were working. I never remember getting ABC Family, HBO Family and Nickelodeon before...so that was a plus!

The staff was the icing on the cake! So friendly and always acknowledging. I felt as if we were welcomed. And the breakfast was delicious...and the kitchen staff was very helpful. They were out of bold coffee, and when I inquired, a fresh container was made and brought straight to me!

I love that the hotel is near a coffee shop and family restaurants, not just fast food but sit down restaurants where you can get some cooked food!

Room Tip: Breakfast is until 10:30am on Sundays, so you can sleep in a bit!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The room in overall is ok with adequate space and cleanliness. However the carpet is actually looked aging and dirty, it would be great if it can be cleaned or renewed.
One thing that I don't personally prefer is the bed comforter. It has a thick red whole cover that I dont think they replace it for every guess. Further I found some dirt stains on it. I told the hotel about it and they could not replace the cover since it was night already and the room service was no longer available. The staff then handed me over a thinner blanket that I ended up using for my sleep.
The internet connection was good and fast. The breakfast was also good for the hotel on this price level.

Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed 22 December 2013

First time ive stayed at one of these hotels. I was pleased with the stay for the most part! I must say that Rachel (front desk) was an absolute pleasure to deal with first of all! Very professional and personable! I had a king suite which was nice. Bed was very comfy! one of the tvs wasnt working but it was a non issue for me as i arrived late. I would recommend this hotel for anyone. Great location and nice staff!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
reniecarroll1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville at Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent trip to Knoxville. I am so happy our hotel was your first of hopefully many stays with Country Inns and Suites. We appreciate your positive comments and will pass along your kudos on Rachel. We are very lucky to have her along with a great friendly team. We hope to see you again in the New Year
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We recently stayed here for one night. This is a great location for our needs.

The negatives: There was a popping noise that I heard all night. I don't know if it came from the fridge or the heater. It wasn't terribly loud, but it was noticeable. For this reason I would be hesitant to stay here again.
The other down side, or upside depending on your preference, is that they have duvets on the bed... the big fluffy comforter within a cover that can be laundered after each guest. They are comfy and charming, but so hot in a normal climate. There was a lighter weight blanket in the closet, so you might want to find that before the middle of the night, as the duvet is designed for a night in Siberia. AND if you are staying with a friend, ask ahead for two blankets.

The positives: Everything else! The staff were friendly and helpful. There is a French woman who works at the front desk who went out of her way to tell us about local restaurants and even called to check on hours and menu.

The bed is extremely comfortable. The breakfast is good. This hotel is effectively copying the Hampton Inn chain from what I can see. We didn't try to pool, but saw others who seemed to be enjoying it.

So, if you can get a room without the popping noise, this could be a great stay. Otherwise pack your earplugs.

Room Tip: Choose a room that looks over the woodsy side of the hotel if you will be spending much time in your...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your positive and negative feedback on your visit. This is the first I have heard of a "popping" noise and I am so sorry something was amiss and causing noise in your room. If you will call us and let us know your name, we will research your room number and try to determine what is causing the noise if it is still occurring. I agree with you that the duvets are very heavy! Apparently, Country Inns has heard your comments from others and they are coming out with new, lighter bedding options in 2014. Thank you for your kind comments on YaYa, the French lady who assisted you with restaurant options. I will be sure and pass along your kind words! Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again in the New Year.