“Great hotel with the friendliest, most accommodating staff! Highly recommend.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville at Cedar Bluff

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville at Cedar Bluff
Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
“Great hotel with the friendliest, most accommodating staff! Highly recommend.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Our family and friends have spent over 2 months at his hotel in the last 2 years while visiting Knoxville and we wouldn't consider staying any where else. You will not find a cleaner, more accommodating hotel. The management team of Renie and Alex are exceptional, as are their staff. From the suites complete with granite countertops to the living spaces throughout the hotel, you'll feel very comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
reniecarroll1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville at Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Your family is part of us! We are so fortunate to have you and your daughter as our guests. I know your experiences in our fair city are stressful but hope our team can help you feel like we are your home away from home. Best wishes for a healthy and happy year forward!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We met family there for a grandchild "handoff". We were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness, the location (easy access on and off interstate 75), and proximity to family friendly restaurants. The breakfast was good with fresh fruit, make your own waffles, bagels and toast, and oatmeal. The only negative was the indoor pool which was very cloudy.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Patty R
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My stay was on August 1st 2014.The hotel room was clean the bed and pillows were good and soft for a good night of sleeping. But like one of the other reviewers said I don't get the 3 pillows instead of 4 per bed. The is a weight room Breakfast was adequate as they provided waffles, eggs, and small little chopped up ham cubes that belong in a salad that shouldn't be used as a meat serving for breakfast. Never the less I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

First time using Trip Advisor. The experience at this property made me rush to register an account before I've even checked out. Ariel, Alex, Renie, Collin and all other staff I've met have blown me away with exceptional customer service. The whole gang is professional, friendly, helpful, and charming. My room is in immaculate condition, and everything about the property is warmly inviting. I will be recommending this property to friends and will visit again every chance I get. The only downside is that now I dread going home to my run-of-the-mill bed. You've ruined me, Country Inn & Suites Cedar Bluff! They didn't have a flavor of cookie in that I was hoping for and Renie offered me a free snack from the in-hotel marketplace, which made me feel like staff genuinely wanted me to feel at home at the property. Ariel was a delight and helped to arrange an available upgrade and early check-in for me with Alex, and Collin makes it impossible to be in a bad mood with his cheery disposition. Even the night security watch was friendly and courteous. I feel incredibly safe, pampered, and completely able to get full rest and relaxation. I have actually been distracted from getting my work done that I was supposed to do while here. Sleeping in and hitting up the hot tub has been way too tempting.

Room Tip: The suites are entirely worth it. Consider paying for an upgrade, you won't regret it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
reniecarroll1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville at Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
What a wonderful and thoughtful review! Thank you so much for sharing your positive comments and for specifically mentioning team members that made your stay special. I will be sure and let Alex, Ariel, Collin and, Charles (our security guard) see your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. We appreciate your kind words and thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Cedar Bluff!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Having never stayed in this brand hotel before, I had low expectations based simply on the name. I was figuring on a country bumpkin motif of sorts. BUT, it was actually quite modern. The room was very spacious & the beds & pillows very comfortable. We never heard any crazy noises despite the hotel being so fully booked parking was hard to come by. Breakfast spread was extensive & check-in smooth. We will definitely stay here again, & look forward to it.

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel! I am so glad your experience exceeded your expectations! Best wishes for a great summer. We hope to see you again soon!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel on July 11th, 2014. After checking in, we had to reread the reviews because we thought we were in the wrong hotel. Let me also say that we have a 15lb. Dog that we were traveling with. We were given a room on the 2nd floor. The room smelled like urine and was visibly dirty. The carpet was filthy and the bathroom was not clean with visible dirt on the counter and floor. We were then given a room on the first floor, room 122, right next to what we thought was the emergency exit...people were in and out all night long. This room was cleaner or so we thought. When my son got out of bed the next morning, the sheet pulled up on the bed. The mattress was stained and quite frankly, disgusting. There is nothing quiet about this hotel. There was obviously a party or some type of get together in the lobby and it did not quiet down until about 1am.

I am not sure if our experience was a result of having a pet, but I can say this property is well below standard compared to similar hotel chains that we have stayed in with our pet. We would not recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kendra C
I am so sorry you had such a terrible experience at our hotel! Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered. We take cleanliness very seriously and I will investigate to find out why the mattress stain was not brought to our attention by the housekeeping team. We have taken the room off market and will not release it until the mattress has been professionally cleaned and sterilized. I have reversed all the charges for your lodging and pet fee and credited your American Express on file in full. Again, I sincerely apologize. I left a voice mail for you and will look forward to the opportunity to apologize in person.
Harrogate, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I made a quick stay here, and we were pleasantly surprised by this place. The front desk staff was both helpful and efficient, checking us in very quickly. The pool area was clean and well-stocked with towels. The room itself was basic,as expected, but everything worked, was clean, and was also comfortable. We would definitely stay here again in the future.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for providing such a great review of our hotel. It means so much to get the highest 5 rating! I am so glad you had a nice visit with us. Please come see us again soon!