All reviews gay street rooftop bar market square tennessee theatre great location bars restaurants beautiful hotel free breakfast valet service front desk five nights not hesitate to stay here again directly across the street valet parking minute walk free trolley beautiful lobby
Reviewed 22 June 2018

The hotel is in the perfect location to visit downtown Knoxville. The rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast far exceeded what I expected. The menu changed daily and all items were fresh, including juice.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
General M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Knoxville/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We welcome you back to visit us again.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I had stayed at a Hyatt Place earlier in the same week and had a really dismal experience. So I was not enthused when I saw my next meeting was at a Hyatt Place. This is definitely not a standard Hyatt Place! Located in the restored former Hotel Farragut this property has beautifully restored public areas. All of the food and rooms are standard Hyatt Place offerings but the bar and lobby are just beautiful. The meeting rooms are nice although the technology capabilities are a bit below current capabilities so that’s a miss in this new hotel. I would try to upgrade catering for meetings as well. Service everywhere from check in to meeting and catering staff were very friendly and service oriented. The hotel is located right on busy S Gay street so many restaurants and shops are steps away. This place exceeded my expectations. I would definitely recommend the Hyatt Place Downtown when visiting Knoxville.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Knoxville/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our gem of a building and rich history within these walls! We apologize if the technology available wasn't quite what you were expecting! We are pleased to hear that we have exceeded your expectations and look forward to you visiting us again in the future! Thank you again for the input as it is always valuable!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Just stopped for the night. From start to finish the service was excellent. Park in front and use the Valet service, you are walking distance from everything you need. Everyone is very friendly and price was unbelievable. We just stopped for the night but we disappointed we couldn't stay longee. Thanks for the experience. Dish

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
General M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Knoxville/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Business trip to Knoxville. Great location and room was nice and spacious. But valet parking is only option and it was a mess. Both times when returning to the hotel after dinner had to circle the block several times and park down the street and then find an attendant to give them the keys and hope they would park the car eventually. Also, over charged for parking - charged 6 nights for a 4 night stay. When I called and questioned the bill, front desk argued with me, even though the bill clearly showed 3 charges of 20 dollars (plus tax of 1.80) for 1 night. Finally was taken care of...rudely. I filled out a survey for Hyatt and noted these issues but got no response. The survey asked that I also fill out a trip advisor review, so here it is. Room was not cleaned one day - when I called the front desk, they said the do not disturb sign must have been on the door - which was not the case. Lastly, the bill for the room had charge for AcomINDations...not even a word.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Knoxville/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay. I apologize for providing anything less than an amazing experience. It is never our intention to have issues such as these and I would love to connect and hear more about your stay. Again we appreciate the feedback and I look forward to having to opportunity to speak with you.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

The facility and location are great. Our room, 700, had a problem with the cooling system which shook both beds all night and allowed very little sleep. It was disturbing to all four of us. Check your a/c before getting settled in. When asked at checkout how the stay was, mentioned the problem and told points forthcoming, but no follow up.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay! I am so sorry to hear it was anything less than excellent! I would love to connect and further discuss your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience! Thank you again for the feedback as it is always valuable!