“pool was nice, room looked nice, but the beds terrible !!! stunk” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark

Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark
Ranked #52 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Nashville, Tennessee
“pool was nice, room looked nice, but the beds terrible !!! stunk”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Pool was great relaxing water park fun. But, lay down in bed kept smelling something couldn't figure out what that smell was. Then turned around and smelled the pillows. ALL THE PILLOWS STUNK !!! All the pillows except one smelled SOUR !!!!! The one, had a strong smell of aftershave, a very strong odor. The Sheets STUNK sour. It was horrible!!! Could not sleep! This room was the farthest away from the pool, that is where they put us. We came for the pool to relax but had to walk to the back side and to the end. there were plenty of empty rooms near the pool. Would like to go back for the pool but don't want to take a chance with SOUR filthy smelling pillows and sheets. Disgusting !!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
QIS143, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our management team appreciates the comment and has addressed the sheet and pillow issue with the housekeeping staff to resolve this issue immediately for future guest. We can assure you that issues such as the one you had will be resolved and corrected. We would be delighted to have you join us again on a future stay and ask that you please contact the hotel sales manager to book your next visit with us so that we can do our best to guarantee you and your family a poolside room to enjoy! Again, thank you for taking time to notify us of your issue so that we can resolve it for future customers and we will work hard to redeem your loyalty.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Arabic first
jmac3595
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed one night.. very clean, friendly, older property but updated.. price was great. The breakfast was very good.. typical hotel fair , waffles, cereal, Danish.. close food and freeway.. next to starbucks

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the review and the high rating. We appreciate all the feedback we get from our guest and are working hard to make each guest stay positive and memorable way. We greatly appreciate the review!
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I hardly complain and write reviews but if my review can help one person in deciding on whether to stay at this hotel or not then thats what matters. Check in was fast and efficient. The staff was nice and friendly. The lobby was big and spacious! So far so good. It started going down hill from there. First of all the hotel picture on the website of the exterior looks nice but the pictures are deceiving. Other than the main lobby areas, once you get into the heart of the hotel its very dated. The vents for the window units are rusty and old. After we checked in we had to lug 4 suitcases up two flights of stairs. No elevator at this hotel. The first corridor we came to was "interior" but then we went out a door to get to our room and stepped out into a hot concrete exterior corridor. It literally felt like an inferno! The heat was from all the output air of the window units inside a narrow poorly ventilated hallway. Inside of our room was hot. Really hot. Unless you stood directly in front of the unit you were sweating. No air flow 4 feet past the unit. Called front desk to see if we could switch rooms and was told there were no rooms available even though it was 2:00 and most people had not even checked in yet. An employee came to check it out which was nice but he told us the only thing to try was set it at 54 degrees and it would be nice and cold when we got back from the UT game. When we returned at 9:00 at night it wasn't any cooler! This room did not have a microwave nor a refrigerator which is printed in bold on the website under amenities. So much for our plan to buy a few groceries to save money on lunches. I think this is one of the worst hotel experiences I've had. We are even considering checking out early even though we reserved two nights. I would consider a different hotel. If that doesn't change your mind at least stay clear of Rooms 216 (the one we stayed in) thru 222. Don't know about the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: AVOID rooms 216-222!!! HOT EXTERIOR CORRIDOR. Plus too close to the water park. Noisy!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
QIS143, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Sightsee66, it is good to see that we were able to get you checked in early, at no additional cost to you, being we were sold out of Friday evening and rooms were still being cleaned as check-in time is not until 3pm. This would have also been the reason we were not able to move you at that time as rooms were still being cleaned and the hotel was preparing for another sold out night. While it is never easy to read negative reviews I can assure you the hotel is an all interior property while your room was in the pool/atrium area it was still in an enclosed building which means it is an interior property. This hotel does not advertise an elevator nor does it advertise microwaves and fridges in all rooms. Select suites have these added amenities not our standard rooms. If this is being advertised on a website that you used I would really appreciate knowing the site so that way we can get this taken off IMMEDIATELY so other customers, like yourself, aren't left unhappy and disappointed and proper adjustments would be made to compensate this false advertising to you as well. Our hotel is undergoing renovations so your input greatly helps in the managements decisions on what needs to be worked on and addressed. I appreciate you taking the time out to write a review on our property and thank you! The air conditioner is being looked at again to make sure it is working properly and our maintenance staff has been addressed on how to handle situations such as yours.
Fayetteville, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed here 2 nights, Sat and Sun. The hotel is set off the road and a bit hard to find but in plain site, if that makes since. It was in an established area and the surroundings looked fine. We got an outer room away from the pool based on reviews that the pool side rooms were loud. My two children age 14 and 4 both enjoyed the pool/waterpark area and spent a great deal of time there. The pool area was the main reason we stayed here as my 4yr old is highly active and we needed somthing for him to do out of the hotel room--this was great. The room it self was fine--I'm pretty pickiy about rooms but have learned to ease up some. I still never go bare foot in a hotel and always bring my own pillow. I also do not give my little one a bath (as in sit in the tub), he gets a shower or wash from the spout. I didn't sleep well but no fault of the hotel.

We stayed another night at the same hotel the following weekend. Got an outer room this time as well. When inspecting the room I noticed some hair in the tub, like where the drain was slow and someone had shaved--it wasn't all over just in a few places close to the drain. I told the front desk and they gave the option of changing rooms or having it cleaned. I just let them come clean it. My son loved the pool again.

The breakfast was typical hotel stuff--not bad but not grand. Coffee was eh!

There is no fitness room but they recommend you go to Planet Fitness which is not too far away--about 5-8 min. I really liked the gym.

I booked the room on line and used a discount code through our insurance and got a good rate. The second weekend after the hair in the tub they also gave me $20 off the cost of the room. Not bad or so I thought.

I would recomend this hotel especially if you have young children--it really keeps them busy and out of the room.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
QIS143, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Greetings from Knoxville, Ms Kim! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and to leave your feedback. I do apologize for the over site regarding the hair in the sink and can assure you that we are working closely with our Housekeeping Manager to make sure issues such as this one do not reoccur. I am delighted to read that your son enjoyed the pool area. The water park is a main focus of this hotel. New ownership and management are working hard to give every guest a "WOW" visit and hearing that you came back for a 2nd visit makes all of us smile! Thank you for spending your time with us and we look forward to having your family back again in the future!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

I have custody of my niece and we are always looking for fun supervised visits with her mother since she has to drive for almost four hours to get here. I called the 800 twice and was quoted one price then they paid another when they arrived. Besides that noone mentioned that if my niece was not staying with her mom she couldn't go in to waterpark or pool with her. Since these are supervised I can't just drop her off. It was said that anyone under 18 had wear arm bands but had they said no visitors her mom would have found a different place.
It looked like the kids were having fun and we had to break a five year olds heart as she walked past the water park twice. I understand liability issues but this is something that needs to be made very clear up front. I even searched the binder of rules and there wasn't anything about visitors not being able to use the pool.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ms. Beverly, thank you for taking the time out of your day to post your review and to leave us this helpful feedback. I do wish that during the reservation process with our 800 # this information would have been relayed better and wish I could offer a better outcome for your young 5 year old niece. The hotel is under management and ownership and while these rules are new they are the rules of our liability and have to be maintained. I do agree that we need to make sure that this information is posted better on our website and in the guest rooms and I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are looking to update our website now with better details regarding the water park and ways we can make sure guest understand this before checking into the hotel. Taking over a property is never easy especially one with a water park were the rules have to be changed in order for the property to be successful. I do, again, want to thank you for your feedback on this matter and I can guarantee you that it will be addressed and handled. Please except my sincere apology to your niece and her mother. I hope the rest of the visit went well and again THANK YOU!
Norfolk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We did not go to this hotel with great expectations. It was just a stop for us on the way to visit family. We arrived late so the pool was closed. Finding the room late at night was a challenge. The bedding was a little dirty but we were tired and just went to sleep.

The next day's breakfast was well done and the waterpark is a great diversion for kids. I had told the front desk that I was expecting a friend to visit us, but they still did not let him in. Construction is ongoing but we did not hear any noise during our stay. A large black tarp blocked the windows and the roof opens to fresh air.

The stay was ok but I don't think that we would stay there again for the price that we were charged.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
QIS143, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Greetings from the Quality Inn and Suites Waterpark! Revc2, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Being under new ownership and management makes reviews, such as yours, extremely valuable in the renovation process. While I never like to read negative comments it allows our management team the ability to address the issues that need to be resolved quickly! I am delighted to read that your breakfast was a positive experience and yes, while the hotel is being renovated we are trying to make every effort not to allow this to effect our guest experience, while staying here. If you are back in this area please give us a call and let us try and get you back here where you will be able to see first hand all the positive changes that are being made and hopefully allow you to leave with a whole new experience! Again, thank you for your comments!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stopped at this hotel just by chance (I use CLC / Corporate Lodging to pay for my stays - and found this property on their hotel locator). Room was great and clean, but the front desk clerk did not know how to process my CLC Lodging card (which is NOT uncommon...). We agreed that I would secure the room on my CC and I could deal with the manager in the morning to process the billing thru CLC (which typically saves 20-40% off of my room rate).

Upon talking to the desk clerk in the morning - they claimed that they did not take CLC Lodging cards for payment - and I would have to checkout using my CC. Oh well, so the room was still a decent deal and I went on my way - with a note to call CLC to update their directory when I got home.

Later that afternoon Amanda the manager called me. She explained to me that they are new ownership of the property and they JUST (like within the last week) got established with CLC Lodging. She asked if I could email her my CLC info, and she would credit back my credit card and charge thru CLC Lodging at the proper CLC discounted rate.

What Amanda did says a TON to me about how they are trying to run this hotel - and I WILL be choosing to stay there again if I'm in the area. She already had my money - she didn't have to refund it and take a discounted rate after the fact - but she went the extra mile to do what's right. That rarely happens in business anymore - and when it does I think it deserves to be noticed. These are the type of people that I would want to do business with again and again!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple