“Perfect stay...”

Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark
Ranked #65 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I was very hesitant about booking due to some of the postings here. I am very glad I overlooked them. I had encounters with staff & management, in my many years of traveling, they were very welcoming & interested in my stay as well as me being comfortable . I have already booked 4 more stays over next couple of months. During my 3 days say I couldn't disagree more with the negative postings I read.

Room Tip: Room away from pool
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Travelingchick620

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed on our way to Chickamauga battlefields and reenactments. My wife loves a relaxing swim and with "Waterpark" in the title, we thought it to be a good bet. The waterpark would be great for families with kids and even as older adults without any, it was fun to watch.
The rooms were spacious and clean, nothing fancy. Bed was nice and the room had newer amenities (remote control heater/AC unit, curved shower rod, etc.) It was apparent that the facility was recently updated but still showed some signs of it's true age. The new heater unit was almost too quiet as I am one who likes to turn on the fan to provide some masking white noise but I was undisturbed through the night regardless.
Breakfast was great with your choice of fat filled sausage and gravy, to heathly yogurts and fruit. Overall a good experience, so much so, we stopped on our way back home as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MRuf
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Had a large picture fall off the wall on me as I slept. Manager told me that was impossible and treated me very rudely when I finally got her by phone. She never returned my calls or apologized. The matter only got resolved due to the kind intervention of the group sales person who book our group.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank tkokb
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Pool was great relaxing water park fun. But, lay down in bed kept smelling something couldn't figure out what that smell was. Then turned around and smelled the pillows. ALL THE PILLOWS STUNK !!! All the pillows except one smelled SOUR !!!!! The one, had a strong smell of aftershave, a very strong odor. The Sheets STUNK sour. It was horrible!!! Could not sleep! This room was the farthest away from the pool, that is where they put us. We came for the pool to relax but had to walk to the back side and to the end. there were plenty of empty rooms near the pool. Would like to go back for the pool but don't want to take a chance with SOUR filthy smelling pillows and sheets. Disgusting !!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
QIS143, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our management team appreciates the comment and has addressed the sheet and pillow issue with the housekeeping staff to resolve this issue immediately for future guest. We can assure you that issues such as the one you had will be resolved and corrected. We would be delighted to have you join us again on a future stay and ask that you please contact the hotel sales manager to book your next visit with us so that we can do our best to guarantee you and your family a poolside room to enjoy! Again, thank you for taking time to notify us of your issue so that we can resolve it for future customers and we will work hard to redeem your loyalty.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed one night.. very clean, friendly, older property but updated.. price was great. The breakfast was very good.. typical hotel fair , waffles, cereal, Danish.. close food and freeway.. next to starbucks

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the review and the high rating. We appreciate all the feedback we get from our guest and are working hard to make each guest stay positive and memorable way. We greatly appreciate the review!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I hardly complain and write reviews but if my review can help one person in deciding on whether to stay at this hotel or not then thats what matters. Check in was fast and efficient. The staff was nice and friendly. The lobby was big and spacious! So far so good. It started going down hill from there. First of all the hotel picture on the website of the exterior looks nice but the pictures are deceiving. Other than the main lobby areas, once you get into the heart of the hotel its very dated. The vents for the window units are rusty and old. After we checked in we had to lug 4 suitcases up two flights of stairs. No elevator at this hotel. The first corridor we came to was "interior" but then we went out a door to get to our room and stepped out into a hot concrete exterior corridor. It literally felt like an inferno! The heat was from all the output air of the window units inside a narrow poorly ventilated hallway. Inside of our room was hot. Really hot. Unless you stood directly in front of the unit you were sweating. No air flow 4 feet past the unit. Called front desk to see if we could switch rooms and was told there were no rooms available even though it was 2:00 and most people had not even checked in yet. An employee came to check it out which was nice but he told us the only thing to try was set it at 54 degrees and it would be nice and cold when we got back from the UT game. When we returned at 9:00 at night it wasn't any cooler! This room did not have a microwave nor a refrigerator which is printed in bold on the website under amenities. So much for our plan to buy a few groceries to save money on lunches. I think this is one of the worst hotel experiences I've had. We are even considering checking out early even though we reserved two nights. I would consider a different hotel. If that doesn't change your mind at least stay clear of Rooms 216 (the one we stayed in) thru 222. Don't know about the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: AVOID rooms 216-222!!! HOT EXTERIOR CORRIDOR. Plus too close to the water park. Noisy!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
QIS143, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Sightsee66, it is good to see that we were able to get you checked in early, at no additional cost to you, being we were sold out of Friday evening and rooms were still being cleaned as check-in time is not until 3pm. This would have also been the reason we were not able to move you at that time as rooms were still being cleaned and the hotel was preparing for another sold out night. While it is never easy to read negative reviews I can assure you the hotel is an all interior property while your room was in the pool/atrium area it was still in an enclosed building which means it is an interior property. This hotel does not advertise an elevator nor does it advertise microwaves and fridges in all rooms. Select suites have these added amenities not our standard rooms. If this is being advertised on a website that you used I would really appreciate knowing the site so that way we can get this taken off IMMEDIATELY so other customers, like yourself, aren't left unhappy and disappointed and proper adjustments would be made to compensate this false advertising to you as well. Our hotel is undergoing renovations so your input greatly helps in the managements decisions on what needs to be worked on and addressed. I appreciate you taking the time out to write a review on our property and thank you! The air conditioner is being looked at again to make sure it is working properly and our maintenance staff has been addressed on how to handle situations such as yours.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We stayed here 2 nights, Sat and Sun. The hotel is set off the road and a bit hard to find but in plain site, if that makes since. It was in an established area and the surroundings looked fine. We got an outer room away from the pool based on reviews that the pool side rooms were loud. My two children age 14 and 4 both enjoyed the pool/waterpark area and spent a great deal of time there. The pool area was the main reason we stayed here as my 4yr old is highly active and we needed somthing for him to do out of the hotel room--this was great. The room it self was fine--I'm pretty pickiy about rooms but have learned to ease up some. I still never go bare foot in a hotel and always bring my own pillow. I also do not give my little one a bath (as in sit in the tub), he gets a shower or wash from the spout. I didn't sleep well but no fault of the hotel.

We stayed another night at the same hotel the following weekend. Got an outer room this time as well. When inspecting the room I noticed some hair in the tub, like where the drain was slow and someone had shaved--it wasn't all over just in a few places close to the drain. I told the front desk and they gave the option of changing rooms or having it cleaned. I just let them come clean it. My son loved the pool again.

The breakfast was typical hotel stuff--not bad but not grand. Coffee was eh!

There is no fitness room but they recommend you go to Planet Fitness which is not too far away--about 5-8 min. I really liked the gym.

I booked the room on line and used a discount code through our insurance and got a good rate. The second weekend after the hair in the tub they also gave me $20 off the cost of the room. Not bad or so I thought.

I would recomend this hotel especially if you have young children--it really keeps them busy and out of the room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
QIS143, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Greetings from Knoxville, Ms Kim! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and to leave your feedback. I do apologize for the over site regarding the hair in the sink and can assure you that we are working closely with our Housekeeping Manager to make sure issues such as this one do not reoccur. I am delighted to read that your son enjoyed the pool area. The water park is a main focus of this hotel. New ownership and management are working hard to give every guest a "WOW" visit and hearing that you came back for a 2nd visit makes all of us smile! Thank you for spending your time with us and we look forward to having your family back again in the future!