“Think twice”

Ranked #54 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
tennessee
“Think twice”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Booked this room ONLY bcuz of the small water park. We've been here twice before. I was told by the deak clark Martin (I think) that due to insurance reasons I could only have 4 of my children in the pool at one time abd they had to wear wrist bands. I had 6 kids with me. he really didn't want to give ne 2 extra, but he did. I took my 4 younger kids to the pool (with their wristbands on). The pool was over ran with kids that seemed to be all part of the same group. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON IN THEIR GROUP HAD A WRIST BAND!!!! After the clerk gave me a hard time about the 2 extra wristbands..ummm..ok... anyway..... this place is just run down. I counted 7 hairs n my tub. 1 on my hairdryer ( which is cracked) The plus, I didn't pay much for the room. I will make accomodations elsewhere from now on.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Arabic first
Trussville, Alabama
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Booked this hotel as a one night get away for the kids during a long weekend. Was attracted by the indoor "water park" which was perfect for my kids (2, 6, and 8). They had a blast on the water structure, and bouncing back and forth between the pool and hot tub.

That being said, the rooms were a bit dated, our bathroom was falling apart, and the free breakfast was lacking. But, for the low rate we paid at the last minute and the fun the kids had playing in the water it was worth it.

Room Tip: None of the rooms that I saw had external windows. Our room had a small window that opened to a hal...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jasper, Georgia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel is ideal for young couples with children. It has an indoor swimming pool, hot tub and waterpark for children. My grandchildren had a blast playing for hours on the slides and screaming every time the huge bucket tipped water over everyone. I would suggest booking an outside room as the waterpark is very noisy and is open until 10 pm every night. It also gets very crowded on a week-end and sometimes the "children" on the waterpark are more teenagers, so good supervision is required at all times. The hotel is old, but the rooms were adequate and very clean, full breakfast is served which is great. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Our room did not have a fridge and microwave so called the front desk and they were brought to the room within the hour. For once the internet was easy to hook into, and flat screen TV was good. Looking from the exterior it badly needs some landscape work done at the front and rear car park, but don't let that put you off.

Room Tip: As mentioned, book an exterior room at the back, the noise level from the water park is tremendous a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed at Quality Inn & Suites in Knoxville Tennessee, they have really nice rooms for the money. I would recommend this for anyone traveling or staying is this area. This was a nice stop because it was near the half way point between Cape Canaveral Florida and Kalamazoo MI. It's also real close to I-75 so you can get back on the road the next day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Niccole L, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
We are so glad to hear you had a nice stay with us! After a long day of driving, we are glad to be your choice of hotels to stop at and get some rest! We look forward to being your halfway point for years to come! Thank you!!!!
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

It wasn't absolutely cheap but it was fine and affordable. You get breakfast which satisfies the average person; waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal and your average coffee and tea. If you hate it, you have plenty if stores next door or across the street to eat in. It is clean. Not everything was perfect but very decent. The bathroom was a little small and the tub backed up once but it went down right after. The beda were comfortable but some of their pillows were squares and my head kept falling off but i found a rectangular one. The pool is big and the water park is great for the kids. I do recommend it if you aren't the type to nitpick. Enjoy with wherever you decide to stay.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Beach_swimmer_tan
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel! We appreciate your business and the feedback you provided. It definitely helps us know where we need improving and where we are doing it right! We look forward to having you guys stay with us again!
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed over night and really enjoyed the pool area for our family! On our way home I realized I had left some of my jewelry on the sink in the bathroom. Called the front desk and spoke with Sarah, the manager. She immediately call the head housekeeper, Shonda to have her look. They called me back and said they would lock them up until we were able to get back. Sooo very thankful to these ladies! I would have been devastated to loose my wedding rings! So thankful they saved the day! :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Niccole L, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
We are super glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that Sarah and Shonda were so helpful! They are definitely an asset to our hotel! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, and we hope to have you back soon!
New York
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This Quality Inn has an enclosed waterpark, so if you are allergic to mold, hate the smell of chlorine and would rather not here the noise, stay away. While the lobby is bright and cheerful the room was dank and the bathroom tiny.

While I cannot say the room was dirty, I did not want to put my bare feet on the floor.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Niccole L, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
We are very sorry that you were dissatisfied with our housekeeping efforts in your sleeping room. I appreciate your feedback and have discussed every issue in your letter with our head housekeeper. She will be addressing these matters with her staff and is committed to ensuring that these problems will not occur again.

We do try to make every stay as comfortable as possible and on your next visit we will be happy to move you to a room away from the pool. Our waterpark is fun, but can indeed be noisy at times.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs in the future.