“Waterpark for kids”

Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark
Ranked #61 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The "Waterpark" was just a setup for little kids. It had a slide and a big bucket that dumped water on the kids. But it was great for them. We were right next to the Waterpark and it sounded like it was raining when the water dumped. The room was ok. It was a pretty standard Quality Inn.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed wed Through Sunday Room 225. Difficult to enter and exit. Parking lot completely in shambles. Ice machine broke. Everyday. Took 48 hrs w air On 64 to cool small room. On Friday we returned to room to find house keeping had left door open. Very difficult to close door. As of Friday, house keeping hadn't replaced shampoo, drinking cups, Kleenex , toilet paper, towels etc. on Friday housekeeping took covers off beds and did not replace them. Called front desk and was told house keeping was gone for the day and she was the only one on premises. She could not leave front desk. Asked for refund so we could go somewhere else and she said she was busy checking other customers in. Told me to come to front desk and bring dirty towels and she would try to find blankets , shampoo, cups, Kleenex , toilet paper when she has time. You be the judge before you book. No water park. Just a waterproof jungle Jim for 5 and under

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My family reserved and paid for 2 rooms before we arrived. When we arrived my dad had some basic questions about the hotel, and the clerk at the desk was disrespectful to him and not helpful. The rooms smelled strong of some kind of cleaner, but at least were clean! The air conditioner in my parents room was not working properly, and it was freezing when they arrived. The bed only had 1 sheet and one thin blanket, and was missing a comforter (which I knew was missing because we had one in my room) So, I went to the front desk to get a blanket, but the clerk was not willing to leave whatever show he was watching on his computer to fix this situation. He told me he was "fresh out of extra blankets". What hotel does not have extra blankets for guests? Especially those who weren't provided the standard amount of bed covers in the first place!
The shower did not have the correct hot and cold water lables, and not much water pressure. We were only provided decaf coffee in the room, and my husband and I drink regular coffee. We just decided to wait until breakfast at 7 amj, instead of trying to track down some regular coffee to make in the room.
The continental breakfast was very good, which was a positive end to this stay. They had hot sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles, bagels, etc.
We will not be staying here again, especially when there are so many other places to stay in Knoxville. We will try somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after checking hotels out in the area. Was a great surprise if you have kids and want to use the water fun. We swam in the pool and used the slides with out 2, 8 and 12 year olds. Was perfect and empty with our room right off the pool. Great value, great breakfast and fun!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Booked this room ONLY bcuz of the small water park. We've been here twice before. I was told by the deak clark Martin (I think) that due to insurance reasons I could only have 4 of my children in the pool at one time abd they had to wear wrist bands. I had 6 kids with me. he really didn't want to give ne 2 extra, but he did. I took my 4 younger kids to the pool (with their wristbands on). The pool was over ran with kids that seemed to be all part of the same group. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON IN THEIR GROUP HAD A WRIST BAND!!!! After the clerk gave me a hard time about the 2 extra wristbands..ummm..ok... anyway..... this place is just run down. I counted 7 hairs n my tub. 1 on my hairdryer ( which is cracked) The plus, I didn't pay much for the room. I will make accomodations elsewhere from now on.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Booked this hotel as a one night get away for the kids during a long weekend. Was attracted by the indoor "water park" which was perfect for my kids (2, 6, and 8). They had a blast on the water structure, and bouncing back and forth between the pool and hot tub.

That being said, the rooms were a bit dated, our bathroom was falling apart, and the free breakfast was lacking. But, for the low rate we paid at the last minute and the fun the kids had playing in the water it was worth it.

Room Tip: None of the rooms that I saw had external windows. Our room had a small window that opened to a hal...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel is ideal for young couples with children. It has an indoor swimming pool, hot tub and waterpark for children. My grandchildren had a blast playing for hours on the slides and screaming every time the huge bucket tipped water over everyone. I would suggest booking an outside room as the waterpark is very noisy and is open until 10 pm every night. It also gets very crowded on a week-end and sometimes the "children" on the waterpark are more teenagers, so good supervision is required at all times. The hotel is old, but the rooms were adequate and very clean, full breakfast is served which is great. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Our room did not have a fridge and microwave so called the front desk and they were brought to the room within the hour. For once the internet was easy to hook into, and flat screen TV was good. Looking from the exterior it badly needs some landscape work done at the front and rear car park, but don't let that put you off.

Room Tip: As mentioned, book an exterior room at the back, the noise level from the water park is tremendous a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family