“Quite a surprising experience (in a very good way!)” 5 of 5 bubbles

Brazeiros
Ranked #31 of 1,159 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Quite a surprising experience (in a very good way!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

My wife and I had driven by Brazeiros Churrascaria in Knoxville many times always trying to make a mental note to try out the well established restaurant for something differemt some evening (http://www.brazeiros.com/).

The opportunity came recently and it was a very delicious and unique experience!

This is an upscale restaurant based on a southern Brazilian steakhouse (churrascaria) with an immaculate presentation. It's located centrally west of Knoxville on Kingston Pike just by Papermill Road.

The basic concept is that you get to pick as often as you like from skewers of up to 15 different kinds of meat or cuts or presentations, including beef, chicken, pork, sausage and lamb. Four types of steak are offered (I think it was 4...) three different sirloin cuts and filet mignon nuggets wrapped in bacon. Beef short ribs, pork ribs, and lamb provide more red meat variety, oh - it's 2 kinds of lamb: cut from the bone and lamb chops. Chicken wrapped in bacon and also small chicken legs were two more offerings, as was one of my favorites the Linguiça pork sausages.

You will receive a small coaster looking thing that is green on one side, red on the other. Green means: yes, I'm ready for more! and red mean: I think I'll pace myself!!

Ok, so the meats were cooked on these skewers in ways that also provided different cooking temperatures for finishing them - rare, to medium, to well-done - on the same skewer. In some cases the server will carve off the cut and preparation you'd like right onto your plate, in others (like the sausages) the server will hold the skewer close to your plate as you use your own personal tongs to pull off the numbers of pieces you'd like.

Various side dishes such as caramelized banana, garlic mashed potatoes, and polenta accompany your meals, and you have access to one of the most mature (and by that I mean "grown-up" or "sophisticated" salad bars I've ever seen). There were salamis, hearts of palm, artichoke, and apple salad, asparagus, various lettuces, cheeses and much more... a beautiful preparation.

The Brazilian cocktail Caipirinha are sweet and strong, various desserts abound like delicious caramel coated flan.

Incredible location for a special occasion or for a solid dining experience. We left feeling "this is the way to eat!"

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank blitzin

Knoxville, Tennessee
“One of my favorite Knoxville restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Brazeiros is easily in my top 3 for Knoxville restaurants (especially now that Rouxbarb is gone). They have the best waiters in the city, the most flavorful cuts of meat, and my favorite salad bar anywhere. It is expensive, so it's not something I get to do often; however, it is absolutely worth the price. I will say that I was not overly impressed with the caipirinha, so I usually just get a glass of wine with the steak (or the Guarana soda which is DELICIOUS). However, other people would probably love it; it just wasn't to my taste. Everything else is utterly fantastic, though, and when you are in the mood for steak, there is simply no better place to go. Just typing this review made me miss it! :-) If you haven't been, it is definitely worth checking out for your next special occasion.

• Visited January 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Take your Lipitor!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff. I had the feeling it was like a "seating" on a cruise ship. We arrived to a half filled restaurant at 1915 hrs. We waited at our table for some of our party for about 40 minutes so got a bit behind the schedule. The restaurant was full by the time all of us were there and the meats had already started coming out. Although they advertise 12 or so cuts, I don't think more than five were ever offered us, but I had the distinct feeling it might have been that we missed some starting later than the rest of the seating. I could've asked, but didn't. By the time we were finished only 3 other tables had people at them. That was when lamb chops came out. I don't know if it was to save one of the more expensive cuts until only a few customers were left, or just a coincidence.
Overall the food was great, but just not as many choices as I have seen at other churrascuria restaurants like this.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bucharest, Romania
“Very good food and friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Enjoyed a very good lunch. The food is good and the service is friendly. The atmosphere is average but it did not interfere with the quality of the meal. Overall a very good eating experience.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, excellent service. Great place to eat with plenty of options to satisfy. Made our first anniversary dinner a special event!