“Enjoyable Cruise down the River”

Star of Knoxville Riverboat
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Star of Knoxville Riverboat is an authentic 325-passenger sternwheel riverboat offering sightseeing, lunch, dinner, entertainment and moonlight cruises along the Tennessee River.
knoxville
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Enjoyable Cruise down the River”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have sailed numerous times down the Tennessee River on the Star of Knoxville Riverboat. Never have I experienced a "bad" meal. If anyone goes away hungry it is their own fault!!!! Some of my favs are the London broil, pulled pork barbecue and the mashed potatoes (to die for!!). I also like the prime rib but I don't eat the chicken very often. All of the food is cooked fresh on the dock in a customized kitchen. The vegetables are fairly standard but the pleasant cruise is what I enjoy the most. It is really serene cruising down the river at a steady 5mph. My advice is to try it...you can never please everyone so make your own assumptions after a visit! It is also interesting that this is one of the few remaining paddleboats actually generated by the paddles. Truly a classic!!

Visited July 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Don't Do It!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We took the dinner cruise after buying a Groupon deal. Don't do it! The boat smelled funny, we had terrible service (I had to get up and refill our drinks myself), and the food was terrible. We had to go eat elsewhere after we got back. I can only assume the Groupon deal was a way to get more business and now it is clear why. I anticipate they will be out of business soon. We definitely won't ever be back, disgusting is putting it lightly.

Visited July 2014
5 Thank Heather S
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Daughter's wedding rehearsal dinner”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had a great time on the Star of Knoxville when our daughter (& now son-in-law) chose this treat for their wedding rehearsal dinner. The music was great, delicious buffet dinner and the staff couldn't have been more welcoming and polite. We ate, danced & enjoyed the cruise along the river with many family & friends. Highly recommend it.

Visited October 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Star Of Knoxville”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I traveled to Knoxville on May 10 and took the lunch cruise on the Star Of Knoxville riverboat. From the shore it did not look like much but once you were on you were in for a real surprise. The tables were done in nice linen cloths and the buffet was about the best of any place. I mean the food was wonderful and the staff was just great. This is a great little trip anytime but for Mothers Day it turned out to be the best. Never hesitate to take this river cruise.

Doug Ritch
Gastonia, N.C.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank doug093
Lawrenceburg, KY
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Really Good Food and Pleasant Sunset River Cruise”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had prime rib and chicken. Coffee, tea or water was included with the meal. Our server was very attentive considering she was one of two for the entire boat. The cruise is very nice as it is a sunset cruise which lasts from 7pm until 9pm. The evening was very nice and the weather cooperated.

Visited May 2014