“Great food, for sure!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great food, for sure!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had a great meal at Surin. The menu has many options, mostly sushi (which I did not get to try bcs they forgot to place my order). I must forgive this little mistake, because the food was awesome! From the shrimp/coconut soup, the crab angels and the duck in curry sauce, everything really tasted great. I will go back very soon!

• Visited June 2014

“Loved!!!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I would say this is hands down the best Thai food I have ever eaten! I would recommend pretty much anything on the menu!

Visited June 2013
USA
“Fresh food, great ambience”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We had dinner here this evening. Spring roll was fresh and delicious. Lamb was tender and flavorful. Half price sushi - excellent value. If weather permits, the outdoor seating would be a good choice. Prices were right for this gem of a restaurant, which had a great ambience for either a good, private dining or a relaxing gathering with a group of friends. Highly recommended. Even the bathrooms were decorated with a flare of zen, although a hook for purses would be a nice addition.

• Visited May 2014
Vonore, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,016 helpful votes
“Another lunch visit, another great meal at good value”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I had not returned to Surin in several months, although I had gone a few times before and always thought the food was fresh and well-presented at a very reasonable price. My husband and I stopped in yesterday for lunch. My husband had the tuna tartare salad and I had the Thai noodle dish from the lunch specials. We also had a spring roll that was really really good and cost only 5 (tofu and shrimp). Our total bill was only $22 and we each took half our lunch home! We sat in the back room this time and noticed that the tables were nicely spaced in the center so you didn't have to have other customers joining in your conversation. There were a mix of older couples, young women out for a gals' lunch, a couple in military fatigues, and young men in business attire. Nice atmosphere, nice selection of food (you don't have to order spicy or Thai; great seafood options as well), and a nice bar. Service is better than last time but could still use a bit of coaxing...e.g. coming by to refill beverage, bringing food spaced a bit better, but still attentive. Oh don't forget the half price sushi after 5 pm

• Visited April 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Delicious at the Right Price”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I'm not a professional food critic or a connoisseur of Asian by any means , but in my opinion this place is one of the best restaurants in Knoxville. My rating is based on value, experience, flavor and quality. The curry is one of my favorite dishes, but I've certainly had comparable, if not better, curry dishes in Knoxville. However, for the money spent, the ambiance and the deals offered, this restaurant is definitely one of the better values. There's a modern chic vibe here, but it doesn't feel "stuck up" so it is great for a girls' night, date night or family dinner. A great perk to this place is half price sushi offered after 5pm. Call to double check, but we've had this option every time I've gone. Combo there with double shrimp and spicy tuna is my favorite. My favorite main dish (if I have room after sushi) is yellow curry. I order the veggie (sans tofu because I don't like awkward meat replacements), but the chicken is good as well, and can be a little spicier. This place is flexible on spice depending on your comfort level, but if you are sensitive, you may want to tell them that as the base dish packs a little heat on its own. I'm a fan of the spice, so I've asked them to bump it up before, and it was good that way, too. I've had several of the appetizers in addition to sushi, and they've all been consistently good. I haven't really explored much in the way of drinks...we reserve our budget for sushi! It seems like they do have a happy hour, but I don't remember the deals being outstanding. My only complaint about this restaurant would be the temperature. I'm cold almost every time we are there, regardless of time of year. Just bring a sweater because overall this place is great!

• Visited September 2013